Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Business Useless

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Virgin Business Useless

Old 08-12-2011, 13:16   #16
Threepints
Inactive

Threepints is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Business Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
One though that most people will not know unless you explain it
A little like the posters reply to me .

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

Thanks for everyones replies. I apologise to any VM staff I may have seemed to have a dig at. I've been a little frustrated to say the least.

I have now eventually spoken to a manager. I'll still not be using VM Business due to the awful CS from the sales team.
Threepints is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2011, 13:24   #17
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threepints View Post
A little like the posters reply to me .

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

Thanks for everyones replies. I apologise to any VM staff I may have seemed to have a dig at. I've been a little frustrated to say the least.

I have now eventually spoken to a manager. I'll still not be using VM Business due to the awful CS from the sales team.
No worries

Sorry you had a bad expereince with the VM Business team.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 13:29   #18
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

The website is now more of a vague ensemble of what the technology they can ffer but with no exact details (speed/pricing/packages..etc..) In fact most of the website still have a lot of out of date info which has been there for 5+ years

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

As for the VM forums as with the old VM newsgroups if you ask a VMB question they just tell you to contact VMB
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 14:05   #19
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

Agreed the website is very poor now - in fact worse than it was
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 16:46   #20
Threepints
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmock View Post
Agreed the website is very poor now - in fact worse than it was
Compounded by the issue of misinformation given when you speak to different members of the sales team ie I was given different rates for the same service I enquired about.

My main concern, of which I informed the manager, was that VM Business will lose revenue with this service. That the team could get outsourced overseas with a loss of UK jobs. So forgetting my gripe & them losing possible business from me, they need to sort themselves out to be competitive.
Old 08-12-2011, 18:13   #21
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Yet when you do actually get the service they have always offered me fantastic technical support with same day call-outs on any hardware/connection problems..

It is a shame that their sales team isn't upto spec but you may find that it's the temp effect of all the new packages...
Old 08-12-2011, 18:26   #22
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

That's exactly my experience Kymmy.

I am struggling with that a bit now - placed an order for an upgrade last Monday. Was told I'd get order confirmation by Thurs last week - nothing. I chased... nothing. I called and was told it would be done - nothing. Was told on Monday the order would be processed by 4pm that day - now it's Thursday still nothing.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 21:00   #23
Threepints
Inactive

The manager I spoke to said that they have lost staff & they have a recruitment freeze in place. Whilst he did not wish to make any excuse, this he said was causing issues.
Old 08-12-2011, 21:16   #24
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threepints View Post
The manager I spoke to said that they have lost staff & they have a recruitment freeze in place. Whilst he did not wish to make any excuse, this he said was causing issues.
That's not your problem, and isn't really a good excuse. If they improved their service, then they would probably have far more customers, and wouldn't have to cut staff.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:13   #25
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

If only life were that simple........
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:16   #26
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
If only life were that simple........
The basics of business are that simple. You provide a service that there is demand for, at a competitive price, with excellent customer service, then in theory you should do well.

If your competition does the same, then you need to do something to make your business stand out from the others.

If VMB provide a poor customer service (especially for new customers), then they will have no incentive to use their services. And this is where the downhill spiral starts.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:33   #27
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
The basics of business are that simple. You provide a service that there is demand for, at a competitive price, with excellent customer service, then in theory you should do well.

If your competition does the same, then you need to do something to make your business stand out from the others.

If VMB provide a poor customer service (especially for new customers), then they will have no incentive to use their services. And this is where the downhill spiral starts.
Nope, you'll find instead that the SMB's are low priority as their main services are pointed towards medium/large enterprises.. They'll eventually catch up on the website and in the mean time the new packages can be matched by very few ISP's providing an SMB service.
Old 09-12-2011, 15:57   #28
Threepints
Inactive

Quote:
Nope, you'll find instead that the SMB's are low priority as their main services are pointed towards medium/large enterprises.. They'll eventually catch up on the website and in the mean time the new packages can be matched by very few ISP's providing an SMB service.
The new packages possibly cannot be matched. It's a pity despite banging my head against several walls that I never found out what the new packages are.

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
That's not your problem, and isn't really a good excuse. If they improved their service, then they would probably have far more customers, and wouldn't have to cut staff.
I know it's not my problem & to be honest the manger before telling me used the proverbial 'I'm telling you this as an excuse'.
Old 09-12-2011, 15:59   #29
Kymmy
Inactive

Read this thread

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...-business.html

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

BTW, did you mean for this thread to be in the phone section or do you want me to move it to another? Just that I wasn;t sure if you were after purely a phone line or a BB line as well
Old 09-12-2011, 16:19   #30
Threepints
Inactive

Quote:
Read this thread

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...-business.html

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

BTW, did you mean for this thread to be in the phone section or do you want me to move it to another? Just that I wasn;t sure if you were after purely a phone line or a BB line as well
Cheers for the link, not really got time to read through 12 pages though.

Just a phone line.