Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PS3 Dlc

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

new to virgin, lost my PS3 connection

Old 10-05-2009, 17:40   #1
AgnesNitt
Inactive

AgnesNitt is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy new to virgin, lost my PS3 connection

I know this is something of a repetition, but I've tried a few of the suggested fixes to no avail; had our PS3 on wireless connection to an Orange Livebox, no probs. We've just changed to Virgin and hey look no connection. It's not getting the IP address. Short term fix, can I do a wired connection from the PS3 to the router (Netgear WGR614) without having to mess around with the cable modem - we need access to PS3 and computer at same time? They're in different rooms - prob need 15-20m of cable. Also if someone can offer long term (wireless) solution that a numpty can understand, that'd be excellent. Thanks.
AgnesNitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2009, 22:07   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: new to virgin, lost my PS3 connection

Your "short term fix":

Yes. Just hook the PS3 to the router.

Wireless:

It should work... Don't specify an IP or anything in the PS3, just let it obtain one from the router automatically. Do you have encryption enabled? How are the router & PS3 configured?
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 22:33   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Have you set up the router on a PC yet?
Old 11-05-2009, 17:54   #4
AgnesNitt
Inactive

AgnesNitt is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your suggestions. The wireless router is up and running - have three computers all working well. The PS3 finds the network immediately too. I've tried the standard routine for linking with the PS3 - letting the PS3 search and find etc. but it stamps it foot and sulks when the connection is being tested - times out on finding the IP address. I've also tried entering the settings manually for IP address, DNS and so on . I haven't messed with any settings so I'm assuming both router and PS3 are standard factory defaults. Very frustrating when it was working perfectly well with Orange!
AgnesNitt is offline   Reply With Quote