Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Introduce a friend?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Introduce a friend?

Old 13-11-2011, 01:25   #31
DJ Dave
Inactive

Services: XL Phone, L BB, M TV, 1GB MBB
DJ Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Introduce a friend?

I gave in, got my sister to get BB in the summer did it via connect a friend and she heard nothing and got no free install and I never got my £50.

When I got in touch with them they just kept banging on about try the connect a friend website.
DJ Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-11-2011, 08:38   #32
i am not scouse
cf.member

Services: 65"Samsung 4k tv. X2 v6 x3tivo's 200mb bb and a phone line I don't use.
i am not scouse is on a distinguished roadi am not scouse is on a distinguished road

Hi chrystal I hope everything is sorted for you now, I was in the same boat as you I recommened a friend in September they took tvx3 boxes/phone/BB. I got in touch with virgin after my account wasn't credited with £50 after my friend payed there first bill, I did leave it a week or so first. On my first attempt I was told they had nothing on the system to show I'd referred a friend(it was done on the Internet+ I had the 8didget ref no) and that this ladies supervisor would phone me back!! Surprise surprise no phone call. I got back in touch and the lady I spoke to asked me did I have me friends account details? I said no the. She hung up on me. I wasn't happy so phoned strait back and the next person tried to palm me off with another " my boss will phone you back" I didn't except this I told her I would wait on the line and after 10 mins I spoke to the manager and got an apology and my £50. So my advice is if you havnt received it yet keep phoning, after all you got them more. Custom.
i am not scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 17:19   #33
Chrystal86
Inactive

Services: Broadband L / TV M+ / Phone M
Chrystal86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutellajunkie View Post
trust me, you will HAVE to fight to get your credit..
Very true. I wont bother referring another friend again, it isn't worth the hassle trying to get a reply to my query about why I hadn't been credited yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am not scouse View Post
Hi chrystal I hope everything is sorted for you now
Hi i am not scouse, sorry for the late reply but yes all sorted now. I eventually received my £50 credit on my December bill. How I got it was through sending multiple emails, then because I never received a reply, well no, actually I did receive a reply but it was requesting further details (my friends account details) and when I supplied them with the details I never heard anything back... I then decided to send a complaint via email and basically said I was very annoyed, unhappy (about the lack of credit and emails being ignored) and that I wouldn't be referring any friends again, I also said that I have read multiple people on forums having to go through the same things trying to get their £50 credit. After sending that email I got a reply from a member of the customer complaints team and they apologised and told me my £50 credit would appear on my next bill.

I believe the £50 credit should have happened automatically. If I knew I would have to 'fight' for the credit I really wouldn't have bothered in the first place.

This, my internet being slow/poor and now the prices going up again... Virgin are't my favourite company right now
Chrystal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 00:06   #34
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

All of our managers who live on the premises, who wish to have pay TV, are not allowed Sky, to encourage them to use VM. They then tend to use VM for their BB and landline too. I use the refer a friend scheme as a way to make a little extra money.

Most times I have faced the usual nonsense from frontline staff and have had to pull strings to get things sorted.

This should not have to be the case and is becoming tiresome.

Senior management have been informed that, should this continue, Sky dishes will be allowed on our premises.

It really does seem that VM and/or their staff seem to go out of their way to annoy customers- not acceptable.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 11:38   #35
H0ND0
Inactive

Services: 100meg cable Phone Restir Free TV
H0ND0 will become famous soon enoughH0ND0 will become famous soon enoughH0ND0 will become famous soon enough

I introduced a friend almost two years back & am still waiting for the £sss.

Somehow I can't imagine for one moment it's going to arrive any time soon
H0ND0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 12:32   #36
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

A friend introduced me and we were due to both get £50 credit each.

A few months went by and nothing so we both ended up chasing them for it. Not a good start but I have had no other issues with them ever.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 19:56   #37
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0ND0 View Post
I introduced a friend almost two years back & am still waiting for the £sss.

Somehow I can't imagine for one moment it's going to arrive any time soon
I would certainly be complaining if I were you!

The Consumer Direct part of Trading Standards for your area should be able to help
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 00:26   #38
badhairday
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
badhairday has a spectacular aura about thembadhairday has a spectacular aura about thembadhairday has a spectacular aura about thembadhairday has a spectacular aura about them

Today I signed up a friend and VM sales were supposed to phone her. They have not yet although it is the weekend and the Olympics are in full swing.
So hopefully they will contact her soon, I would like to post here what happens...if anything.
badhairday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 00:39   #39
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

I signed up a friend a month or two back and VM never bothered to call them. He ended up joining a few weeks later. So I wouldn't hold out much hope. They also botched his install and had to go via the CEO's office to get it sorted out.

Really great first impression there VM. Numpties of the highest order sometimes.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 20:45   #40
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I recommended my granddaughter last Monday & she had in installed on the Thursday. She is delighted
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 12:08   #41
badhairday
Inactive

badhairday has a spectacular aura about thembadhairday has a spectacular aura about thembadhairday has a spectacular aura about thembadhairday has a spectacular aura about them

My friend signed up on the Saturday and was contacted on the Monday with installation set for Wednesday. As I have heard in other posts the installation people wanted to set everything up as quickly as possible but we had to really insist that the tv setup be in the lounge and BB in the bedroom to get maximum wireless range throughout the flat. After a lot of moaning it was done.
Now I am waiting to see if I get my 50 quid credit
badhairday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 21:03   #42
Cyni_cal
Inactive

Cyni_cal is an unknown quantity at this point

I did introduce a friend years ago when it was 30 quid, and I got it.
I would never introduce a friend now, friendship is worth more than 50 quid.
The level of service from VM now I would almost certainly lose them as a friend.
I wouldn't introduce an enemy to VM.
Cyni_cal is offline   Reply With Quote