Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky+HD Box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky+HD Box

Old 27-09-2010, 11:33   #1
whiskeryron
Inactive

whiskeryron is an unknown quantity at this point
Sky+HD Box

I have recently cancelled Sky subscription & am now enjoying Sky Freesat,naturally Sky+record & playback have been disconnected. I find this quite a pain, is there anyway that I can re use these important facilities ?
whiskeryron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-09-2010, 11:58   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sky+HD Box

Yep, Rejoin Sky...

...or you can buy a freesat or FTA PVR which will give you a box that can record
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 12:11   #3
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

The V+ is supplied as a subscription service, as I found out when replacing my mother's standard box with +.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 12:31   #4
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Moved to Sky + forum

@RagingBull... we are talking about Sky and not VM
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 13:58   #5
whiskeryron
Inactive

whiskeryron is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much for your replies, it would appear that having bought the Sky+HD box, which is now my personal property, it can only be used to it's full advantage by paying Sky again.
whiskeryron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 15:40   #6
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Moved to Sky + forum

@RagingBull... we are talking about Sky and not VM
Was talking about sky+ service lol.
I purchased a sky+ box to replace normal, to enable + service there ia a charge.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 17:51   #7
Jonnymeg
Inactive

Jonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeryron View Post
Thanks very much for your replies, it would appear that having bought the Sky+HD box, which is now my personal property, it can only be used to it's full advantage by paying Sky again.
That is correct. Stinks doesn't it?

It seems a little unfair. I can see why it they would do it on their subscription channels but to disable it for FTA stuff seems plain wrong.
Jonnymeg is offline   Reply With Quote