Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Talk Weekends and 0330 numbers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Caller Display not working after engineers fix crackling

Old 15-05-2017, 00:31   #1
dbateman2k5
cf.addict

Services: BB: 500 Mbps, Phone: Talk Anytime, TV: MaxIt
dbateman2k5 is on a distinguished roaddbateman2k5 is on a distinguished road
Caller Display not working after engineers fix crackling

Hi,

Had an engineer come out yesterday to fix the crackling I had on incoming calls. They checked via master socket and confirmed there is crackling on line, and so they went to street cabinet to do some tests/fixes. When they came back they said all is fine now, which I confirmed it was by checking phone.

After they went, I had an incoming call later that day but it didn't display the number (or caller info from phonebook), phone displayed 'No number'. After this call, I tried calling home phone from my mobile, and exactly the same thing happened. Tried 1471 from home phone and got the following message 'Sorry, the service requested is not available from this line'.

Phoned Virgin Media this morning about 11am and went thru to faults, they said that caller display is still activate on the account and therefore should be working. Told them it wasn't and neither was the 1471 feature. They did something their end and said it should be working now.

Sadly, Caller Display & 1471 are still NOT working.

Can this be fixed please, as I need the Caller Display to see who's calling and to screen out unwanted calls.
dbateman2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-05-2017, 03:21   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Caller Display not working after engineers fix crackling

As this forum is independant of VM perhaps you'd be better asking on their community forum.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 11:41   #3
dbateman2k5
cf.addict

Services: BB: 500 Mbps, Phone: Talk Anytime, TV: MaxIt
dbateman2k5 is on a distinguished roaddbateman2k5 is on a distinguished road
Re: Caller Display not working after engineers fix crackling

This has now been resolved by Customer Services. Yesterday's call handler enabled Voicemail instead of Caller Display & 1471.
dbateman2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote