Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Internet connection

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Internet connection
View Poll Results: How do you connect your V6 to the internet?
Connected directly my Superhub 12 34.29%
Via home plugs 3 8.57%
Wireless 18 51.43%
Don’t know 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-11-2017, 08:22   #16
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Internet connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatter67 View Post
Stupid question but does the new Superhub 3 choose the strongest channel for you?
No, it has to be set manually.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-11-2017, 10:05   #17
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Only recently upgraded to the V6, running very nicely with a wireless connection to my SH2
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:08   #18
qwakuk
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph, 3 V6 boxes, M600 BB
qwakuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Both connected by cable but via a 16 port switch, that in turn connects to the SH3
qwakuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 19:39   #19
jepton
jepton

Services: TiVo, Broadband, TV pack M
jepton is on a distinguished roadjepton is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Internet connection

My V6 is Ethernet connected to my new Netgear R7000 router which is Ethernet connected to my Superhub 3 operating in Modem Mode. (Purple light)

Following an issue preventing me streaming recordings from my old Tivo box to my V6 box, someone at Virgin telephone support decided to increase the power of my Wireless signal. Even though I explained that it was unnecessary.

It now appears that I have a wireless signal broadcast from my Superhub in Modem mode !!
Could anyone explain what possible value this would have?
jepton is offline   Reply With Quote