Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TV price rises

Old 08-09-2013, 05:10   #1756
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice
Re: TV price rises

Why can Virgin advertise standalone broadband with a discounted rate for 6 months then a full price after 6 months which isn't the price it will be?

Isn't 30Mb going to be £25 per month from October yet on the website it says £22.50 after 6 months with no mention of the price rise?
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2013, 06:15   #1757
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
Why can Virgin advertise standalone broadband with a discounted rate for 6 months then a full price after 6 months which isn't the price it will be?

Isn't 30Mb going to be £25 per month from October yet on the website it says £22.50 after 6 months with no mention of the price rise?
It's a great point
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:35   #1758
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

I believe the price isn't changing for new broadband connections, therfore the website is accurate
Old 09-09-2013, 12:42   #1759
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I believe the price isn't changing for new broadband connections, therfore the website is accurate
Thought it would be... could not see VM getting that sort of thing wrong.
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 01:57   #1760
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
So for the length of the contract the price will be held?
Then increased at the end of the 9/12/18 month contract?

Sounds a bit complicated - good luck to people explaining the billing!
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 14:09   #1761
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
So for the length of the contract the price will be held?
Then increased at the end of the 9/12/18 month contract?

Sounds a bit complicated - good luck to people explaining the billing!
No. Technically they are new standalone broadband packages i.e. unless there is a communicated price change, the ongoing price wouldn't change.

It should also mean that if you are on one of the older price points that has had an price increase, when you upgrade, the price difference would be less as you'd get the current price for the new speed.
Old 21-09-2013, 13:58   #1762
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

I just signed a new contract with loyalty discount, am I protected from price rises?
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 14:03   #1763
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
I just signed a new contract with loyalty discount, am I protected from price rises?
I'd say no as you are not a new customer - you have simply renegotiated a new contract (or extending an old one)
MutleyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 12:23   #1764
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
No you're not. I have just recently renewed my contract with a loyalty discount but was still hit with the £1.50 price increase.
geordiechris is offline   Reply With Quote