Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Self install Virgin Media Hub?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Home Cinema connections

Old 08-12-2011, 23:04   #1
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2
Home Cinema connections

Hiya guys,
Can anyone help me i'm getting myself in a right mess as i cannot work out how to connect the Home cinema up properly
right 1st off i have a panasonic led tv with 3 hdmi ports 1 x optical 2 scart and 1 PC connection

The home cinema is an panasonic SC-PT170 with dvd player
but i also have a Panasonic DMR-PWT500EB blueray recorder

how do i connect this all together to work properly with a v+ box
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2011, 23:59   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Home Cinema connections

I assume the optical on the TV is an output. If so, I think you want

V+ to TV using HDMI
Blu-ray to TV using HDMI
Home cinema to TV using HDMI
TV to Home cinema using optical. This will feed audio from the TV for whichever HDMI input you have selected.

Does that do everything you want?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:38   #3
saabmania2

saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Spiderplant,
Thanks for the quick reply yeah that pretty much sums it up, just one thing do i still need a scart lead from the V+ to the blu-ray recorder to enable me to record onto disc from the V+ drive?
Old 09-12-2011, 07:30   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

I looked at the specs for your Blu-ray but couldn't see a SCART input. Maybe I was looking at a non-European version. But if it's got one, go for it. It will need connecting to the VCR SCART socket on the V+.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:29   #5
saabmania2

Ok thank you, it might be my fault i think i have a letter wrong on the model , but yes it has got a rear scart input i will run the scart cable from the VCR out on the V+ to the scart input on the blu-ray recorder cheers for the help :-)
Old 11-12-2011, 13:21   #6
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Services: TiVo V6 - 500mb -
philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to philwhite100

I have mine set up thus..
Bluray to TV with HDMI
V+ to TV with HDMI

Then for the sound.

Bluray to Home Cinema with Optical
V+ to Home Cinema with Phono leads

My Home Cinema has no HDMI connections only Phono, Optical and Coaxial.

Here is a shot of the connections it has. The speaker connections are to the right out of shot.
http://audiozavar.com/wp-content/upl...1/p1100322.jpg