Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Superhub 2

Old 02-12-2012, 23:24   #151
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: Superhub 2

there just not as bright.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2012, 23:29   #152
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickDK87 View Post
The lights are so bright I have to put a book in front of the hub to block the lights, it's like a disco at night when I turn of the lights.
I only had my shub for a few days but even that was enough. I got some heavy duty black tape and covered all the lights. I thought it was pathetic, they went more for pretty flashy lights and what the thing looks like rather than making sure it flipping worked
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 00:02   #153
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
there just not as bright.
So you're saying that the R37 has weakened the LED ouput?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 00:15   #154
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

no. SH2 improvement.
Old 03-12-2012, 00:36   #155
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

How do you know that?

Old 03-12-2012, 01:01   #156
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
I forgot about posting this, it could be wrong it could correct? During a conversation I had with 'someone' I was told VM are annoyed by this current SH1 crap and have made changes so the SH2 is much better. The design is different including the ports which will be on the side. I was told a little more but I'll refrain saying too much just yet. Can anyone confirm or share anything SH2?
Old 03-12-2012, 01:10   #157
Sephiroth
Simples

TH - you were fairly definite a couple of posts ago; but here you're asking for confirmation.

You might end up being right, but you were fairly definite a couple of posts ago and that's somewhat risky.

VM's record isn't such that they'd be "fed up with the SH1". More likely, they'd look for the next generation of SH to introduce when stocks of the current SH run out. It'll even possibly be an accident of the LEDs are dimmer!

Old 03-12-2012, 01:41   #158
thenry
Inactive

I've been told a few bits during a conversation, I do trust the person. However this worlds full of people who know much more than me. Some may be direct insiders on here as there are so confirmation as well as added bits of info they may have is still needed for us all. I don't have every bit of detailed info about SH2.

VM have got SH1 stable so of course their not angry at it full stop but improvements are needed to kick on. SH1 is good now and can only get better once a coder pulls something out the bag to maximize its potential. Stock of SH1 should be run down by replacing all old non SH kit on the network.

If your asking for my view its not an accident the LEDs on SH2 are less bright than on SH1. It could be due to design or due to someform of cost cutting or VM listening. What I will say is VM heads are incredibly nice to work with so judging by that I'd say they have made overall improvements which is why we have SH2 to look forward to.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:20   #159
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
the LEDs have been sorted out by VM Nick
LED's do not matter to me as I cannot see them so a non event, why bother with code for LED's when the device is just a bit of unpolished manure.

It is like fitting a new brass knocker on a front door while the rest of the building is demolished around it, a pointless and fruitless exercise and a complete waste of money.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:30   #160
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Surely, the LED output would require a hardware change to vary the brightness.
The LED requires current to illuminate, so would require a resistor inserting to dim?
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:19   #161
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

My shub is in a position that means the lights are not visible, so it does not matter if they are bright or not as far as i am concerned.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:24   #162
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging bull View Post
The LED requires current to illuminate, so would require a resistor inserting to dim?
As no engineer has come out to fit one???
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:54   #163
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

the superhub when in use is in my bedroom.

Basically even if I faced it the other way, the entire side of the room would go blue whenever it flashed, I had to cover it with a cloth.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 13:19   #164
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Same bugs?
According to him it will have "identical firmware".

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging bull View Post
The SH2 *is* a hardware change

Quote:
You've never heard of dimmable LEDs then...
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 13:23   #165
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post

You've never heard of dimmable LEDs then...
Frippery in the VM firmware sense.