Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Service status page!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Service status page!!

Old 18-05-2011, 21:19   #16
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Service status page!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l am not one to get into aurguements.
Really?
Old 18-05-2011, 22:05   #17
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Status Page Messages > Only if the whole customers cab is down, not just 1 switch port which is probably 20 customers.

Some cabs have hundreds of connected customers on them, so it would be bad practice to tell all of them that they are part of an outage!

We would place a fault message on the sevice status page if a good portion of those customers were affected.

Maggy J is right though, we would still apply a regional message with postcode if you call 0845 454 1111 or if you can get to a VM 'phone then 151

It would take a maximum of 2 mins to hear this message if you had to call and I know as I test those messages daily!
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 23:03   #18
Rivva
Inactive

Services: Virgin: XL TV inc V+ Box - M Phone - L Broadband.
Rivva is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Status Page Messages > Only if the whole customers cab is down, not just 1 switch port which is probably 20 customers.

Some cabs have hundreds of connected customers on them, so it would be bad practice to tell all of them that they are part of an outage!

We would place a fault message on the sevice status page if a good portion of those customers were affected.

Maggy J is right though, we would still apply a regional message with postcode if you call 0845 454 1111 or if you can get to a VM 'phone then 151

It would take a maximum of 2 mins to hear this message if you had to call and I know as I test those messages daily!
Thanks for the explanation/reply...

Totally agree it would be bad practice, but we the customers don't know we're part of an outage, and how the system works regarding how many faults have to be logged before it shows up on the Service status page. That's why I was a little confused when the Service status page was telling me there was no fault with my telephone line..

Can I just ask which telephone number do I use?
0800 561 0061 or 0845 454 1111.

Cheers
Rivva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 23:06   #19
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

On my last bill it gives the former number 0800 561 0061.
Old 18-05-2011, 23:39   #20
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Yes and wait on the phone for 20 minutes until someone answers.
Now instead of posting utter rubbish you could have tried ringing the number because it recognises your phone number and then gives you the option to check which service you think is having an issue, my call took all of 30 seconds as it is fully automated.

Maybe next time you might think before posting unsubstantiated rumours or misleading statements.

The Outage Line Number is 0800 561 0061

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivva View Post

Cheers
The above number.

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Quote:
l have known some customers who have been waiting even longer so no it is not a exaggeration at all.
It is with regards to the Outage line as it will never get you through to an agent as it is fully automated.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 23:40   #21
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivva View Post
Thanks for the explanation/reply...

Totally agree it would be bad practice, but we the customers don't know we're part of an outage, and how the system works regarding how many faults have to be logged before it shows up on the Service status page. That's why I was a little confused when the Service status page was telling me there was no fault with my telephone line..

Cheers
We know how many customers are potentially affected by any outage, so it's not based on how many have contacted us

I bet your fault is one mux card that affects about 20 customers.

0800 561 0061 is the status line, you need to make sure you put in your home telephone number when calling, you can also use the 0845 454 1111 number, but you can also connect to a Agent if you wish on that one.
Old 18-05-2011, 23:43   #22
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
We know how many customers are potentially affected by any outage, so it's not based on how many have contacted us

0800 561 0061 is the status line, you need to make sure you put in your home telephone number when calling, you can also use the 0845 454 1111 number, but you can also connect to a Agent if you wish on that one.
It should recognise your phone number automatically because when I rang earlier it recognised me and gave me the options to press and did not ask me to input a phone number which is how it is supposed to work.
Old 18-05-2011, 23:52   #23
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
It should recognise your phone number automatically because when I rang earlier it recognised me and gave me the options to press and did not ask me to input a phone number which is how it is supposed to work.
If you are calling about a loss of telco issue though, you will probably be phoning from another line.
Old 18-05-2011, 23:57   #24
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
If you are calling about a loss of telco issue though, you will probably be phoning from another line.
And it still won't take 20 minutes to find out if there is an outage.

My experience of the VM landline telephone is that it's far superior compared to BT.It's barely ever gone down since the days of Nynex when I first took it up.I actually went with them because BT were so poor.
Old 19-05-2011, 00:05   #25
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
And it still won't take 20 minutes to find out if there is an outage.

My experience of the VM landline telephone is that it's far superior compared to BT.It's barely ever gone down since the days of Nynex when I first took it up.I actually went with them because BT were so poor.
Totally agree, 2 mins tops for that line.
Old 19-05-2011, 00:08   #26
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
You win the cigar as I was waiting to see who would mention that slight hiccup first, it asks for it if you use a mobile or a BT line.
Old 29-05-2011, 18:43   #27
Rivva
Inactive

Services: Virgin: XL TV inc V+ Box - M Phone - L Broadband.
Rivva is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I've just returned to a message left on my a/phone from the VM team telling me they've found a fix for the network issue in my area. They also said if I had any future problems with any of my services I should ring 151 or the same number you gave (cheers anyway). It's a shame this sort of fault does'nt show up on the 'service status page' but you've already explained why so no worries.
Rivva is offline   Reply With Quote