Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PS3 Audio out

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS3 Audio out

Old 01-03-2010, 11:13   #1
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
PS3 Audio out

I am connecting my PS3 slim to my monitor via HDMI. This works fine but I get no sound (monitor does not have speakers), I can use the digital out from the monitor but I noticed there is an additional audio out port on the back? What cable do I need for this?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2010, 13:59   #2
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: PS3 Audio out

Assuming your talking about the port on the PS3 then that would be a Optical Digital Audio port and you'd need a Optical Digital Cable - http://us.playstation.com/ps3/access...cph-98092.html
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 14:26   #3
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

If you don't have an amp that'll take optical, you can use the AV lead to get sound out to an amp, either way you need to set the audio out on the PS3 to either Optical or AV instead of HDMI
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 22:23   #4
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
If you don't have an amp that'll take optical, you can use the AV lead to get sound out to an amp, either way you need to set the audio out on the PS3 to either Optical or AV instead of HDMI
The AV led plugs into the HDMI output doesn't it? If I already have an HDMI cable...
Old 01-03-2010, 22:26   #5
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The AV lead plugs into the AV output, not the HDMI output. I think it's next to it.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 22:28   #6
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

does this cable come with the ps3?

---------- Post added at 22:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:27 ----------

oh wait it did fit in. I really am a massive idiot! Sorry! :d
Old 01-03-2010, 22:33   #7
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
does this cable come with the ps3?
It's the only AV cable you get with it: bog standard composite video (yellow RCA phono) plus stereo audio (white & red RCA phonos) with a SCART adaptor.

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

Ah, never mind
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote