Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Crisis in the NHS

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Crisis in the NHS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2017, 11:17   #31
martyh
cf.mega poster
 
martyh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Age: 52
Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: 16,140
martyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny stars
martyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Again, like Mr K, you're bringing in an argument that did not exist, yes we need the skilled migrants, but I said about the migrants that come here from other EU nations, who DONT work and just milk the system and the NHS, we don't need those and there are many of them, I'm not going to be so gullible and accept what some parliamentary report says.
Nobody said we did want then .The issue is you are blaming "foreign freeloaders" your words ,and a very all encompassing phrase that is meaningless.Facts simply do not support your assertions that "foreign freeloaders" are to blame.The reasons are many and varied with "foreign freeloaders"playing a very small part .What about home grown freeloaders ,falling tax intake ,aging population,obesity,

Quote:
I'm not going to be so gullible and accept what some parliamentary report says.
You mean it doesn't agree with your assertions so it's wrong
__________________
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

Terry Pratchett, Jingo
martyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2017, 11:28   #32
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team
 
Damien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 25,245
Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars
Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Again, like Mr K, you're bringing in an argument that did not exist, yes we need the skilled migrants, but I said about the migrants that come here from other EU nations, who DONT work and just milk the system and the NHS, we don't need those and there are many of them, I'm not going to be so gullible and accept what some parliamentary report says.
You were perfectly happy to link to Full Fact just posts ago....
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:32   #33
Mick
Twelve
Cable Forum Team
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 8,991
Mick has disabled reputation
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
You were perfectly happy to link to Full Fact just posts ago....
Yes I was. And ?
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:47   #34
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team
 
Damien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 25,245
Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars
Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Yes I was. And ?
Why do you trust them when it backs your argument and not when it doesn't?

But even the article you linked to doesn't back your initial assertion that:

Quote:
If you want to blame the reason the NHS is in the state it is, blame the foreign freeloaders, which this government is now doing something about by introducing passport checks, to ensure people who are not entitled to free healthcare while visiting here, now pay for it.
£1.8billion would help the NHS but it's far from the reason it is in the state it is. As I said even dealing with binge drinking cost a lot more.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:55   #35
nomadking
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Northampton
Services: Virgin Media TV&BB V+ STB
Posts: 3,704
nomadking has reached the bronze age
nomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze age
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Strange that they keep saying there is a shortage of available staff to employ, but somehow large sums of money would solve that non-existence.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:03   #36
Mick
Twelve
Cable Forum Team
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 8,991
Mick has disabled reputation
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Why do you trust them when it backs your argument and not when it doesn't?
Trust who and at what other time have I said I do/don't trust them ?

Quote:
But even the article you linked to doesn't back your initial assertion that:
It most certainly does Damien, over 2 billion quid being spent, is a lot of money on people that don't even live here !



Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
£1.8billion would help the NHS but it's far from the reason it is in the state it is. As I said even dealing with binge drinking cost a lot more.
And that needs to be dealt with, no argument there, but we need to deal with foreign free loaders as well.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:25   #37
martyh
cf.mega poster
 
martyh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Age: 52
Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: 16,140
martyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny stars
martyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Trust who and at what other time have I said I do/don't trust them ?
.
Quote:
I'm not going to be so gullible and accept what some parliamentary report says.
Here

Quote:
It most certainly does Damien, over 2 billion quid being spent, is a lot of money on people that don't even live here !
Hold on ,the NHS has always been available for everyone to get emergency treatment even if they don't live here .The other point you seem to conveniently avoid is that a lot of these health tourists are actually British ex pats who have moved and live abroad but return to use the NHS .

Quote:
And that needs to be dealt with, no argument there, but we need to deal with foreign free loaders as well.
Including the British ones? or just the ones you don't like ?

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Strange that they keep saying there is a shortage of available staff to employ, but somehow large sums of money would solve that non-existence.
Presumably they mean trained staff and the extra money is to train the extra staff and possibly bring them to this country
__________________
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

Terry Pratchett, Jingo
martyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:30   #38
Mick
Twelve
Cable Forum Team
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 8,991
Mick has disabled reputation
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Strange that they keep saying there is a shortage of available staff to employ, but somehow large sums of money would solve that non-existence.
Precisely what I was thinking.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:52   #39
Mr K
cf.mega poster
 
Mr K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Services: 150MB BB, TiVo & VHD XL TV, Talk Unlimited
Posts: 1,558
Mr K is a pillar of societyMr K is a pillar of societyMr K is a pillar of societyMr K is a pillar of societyMr K is a pillar of societyMr K is a pillar of societyMr K is a pillar of societyMr K is a pillar of societyMr K is a pillar of societyMr K is a pillar of societyMr K is a pillar of societyMr K is a pillar of societyMr K is a pillar of societyMr K is a pillar of societyMr K is a pillar of societyMr K is a pillar of societyMr K is a pillar of societyMr K is a pillar of societyMr K is a pillar of society
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Well Mrs K is on the front line in the NHS. It's is a deeply unattractive place to work at the moment, staff are leaving in droves. Not enough of everything - time/resources etc., and a public who seem to take it for granted and resent those that have come from abroad to treat them.

She's been to several leaving events for colleagues escaping over the last few months. Most of them junior Dr's who see better working conditions in places like Australia. Under-investment is an issue, but the conditions and recognition we give those who work in the NHS is another. Treating Junior Drs like striking miners wasn't the cleverest move; true the strike is over, but there are better offers elsewhere, so they are just leaving. There is a grand privatisation plan and the NHS is being deliberately run into the ground to make that acceptable to the public. However privatisation won't help if there aren't enough qualified staff left in the country.
__________________
Remember, 'we're all in this together', however some are more equal than others...
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 13:03   #40
nomadking
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Northampton
Services: Virgin Media TV&BB V+ STB
Posts: 3,704
nomadking has reached the bronze age
nomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze agenomadking has reached the bronze age
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Hold on ,the NHS has always been available for everyone to get emergency treatment even if they don't live here .The other point you seem to conveniently avoid is that a lot of these health tourists are actually British ex pats who have moved and live abroad but return to use the NHS .
r just the ones you don't like ?

Presumably they mean trained staff and the extra money is to train the extra staff and possibly bring them to this country
So how many ex-pats are returning?

How many years does it take to train staff? If they're complaining of a lack of qualified staff, then they are looking as they already have the money to employ them.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 13:13   #41
Mick
Twelve
Cable Forum Team
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 8,991
Mick has disabled reputation
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Well Mrs K is on the front line in the NHS. It's is a deeply unattractive place to work at the moment

She's been to several leaving events for colleagues escaping over the last few months. Most of them junior Dr's who see better working conditions in places like Australia. Under-investment is an issue, but the conditions and recognition we give those who work in the NHS is another. Treating Junior Drs like striking miners wasn't the cleverest move; true the strike is over, but there are better offers elsewhere, so they are just leaving. There is a grand privatisation plan and the NHS is being deliberately run into the ground to make that acceptable to the public. However privatisation won't help if there aren't enough qualified staff left in the country.
Allowing open borders to unskilled / benefit scrounging EU migrants will not solve that problem, at all will it?

Mr Hunt has much to answer for, many want him gone and were very surprised Mrs. May kept him on as Health Secretary in her Cabinet reshuffle.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 13:23   #42
denphone
Still alive and happy
 
denphone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 2 Tivo's, XL TV.
Posts: 41,259
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Yes Jeremy Hunt does have a lot to answer for.

__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”

Last edited by Mick; 08-01-2017 at 14:22. Reason: Added Damien's smaller image.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 13:28   #43
Mick
Twelve
Cable Forum Team
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 8,991
Mick has disabled reputation
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Can we reduce that image please Denphone - it's a good one, but it is too big.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 13:36   #44
denphone
Still alive and happy
 
denphone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 2 Tivo's, XL TV.
Posts: 41,259
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Can we reduce that image please Denphone - it's a good one, but it is too big.
Being a uneducated man could you tell me how to do that Mick.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 13:40   #45
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team
 
Damien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 25,245
Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars
Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Being a uneducated man could you tell me how to do that Mick.
Here ya go

Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 00:31.


Server: lithium.zmnt.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10 Release Candidate 2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.