Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 01-06-2017, 12:06   #12151
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

My happy thought one of my sister in law's has just saved me a lot of money. I have been using total dailies 1 contact lenses and she asked how much I was paying for my lenses, I said £45.00 a month she very nearly fell off her seat when I told her this so she told me how much she was paying and where she went so needless to say I went their last week and after a week of wearing ACUVUE OASYS fortnightly I really cannot fault them. I went back today and have just signed up for them via DD that way they get delivered right to my door and total hassle free plus at £32.49 every three months that is a saving of over £100. Okay they are not dailies but at the saving I am making I think I can live with that

I think I owe my sis-in-law a very nice bottle of wine
Old 02-06-2017, 20:31   #12152
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I met Natalie nine years ago today, yay
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 20:36   #12153
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Well that definitely deserves a thumbs up.
Old 03-06-2017, 14:00   #12154
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
How lovely that you remember the day you met Natalie I think that is lovely dilli.
Old 03-06-2017, 16:56   #12155
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Nice memories Dill
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 17:29   #12156
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Because the garage knocked £10 off my bill after learning that I was ex-military, I decided to put it into a collection box for the Change Step charity that helps many ex-military.

http://www.changestepwales.co.uk/
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 18:21   #12157
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Because the garage knocked £10 off my bill after learning that I was ex-military, I decided to put it into a collection box for the Change Step charity that helps many ex-military.

http://www.changestepwales.co.uk/
Nice one !
Old 05-06-2017, 22:27   #12158
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Did my good deed for the day today, was working when 2 young girls (like no more than 6 or 7 years old) came up to me and said they had lost their mum. I walked them down to where they had last seen her and she was there looking for them. Never seen such relief on a mum's face. She was really grateful.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 23:30   #12159
nashville
nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Did my good deed for the day today, was working when 2 young girls (like no more than 6 or 7 years old) came up to me and said they had lost their mum. I walked them down to where they had last seen her and she was there looking for them. Never seen such relief on a mum's face. She was really grateful.
Well done,
Old 06-06-2017, 06:39   #12160
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
You should be proud of yourself Mark as there are not many who would do that nowadays.
Old 06-06-2017, 13:44   #12161
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Excellent Mark and speaking as Mum you did the right thing, the trouble nowadays is that many people a fearful to go anywhere near young children sadly, like you Mark I will always go to a child's aid.

Again well done to you Sir.
Old 06-06-2017, 21:39   #12162
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

've done this when I was with my niece, I got her to hold the young girls hand a in this day a man has to be careful.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:49   #12163
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Will admit I did hesitate for a few seconds but felt it was the right thing to do, plus there was a heavy crowd in the clothing section so it's not as though I could have done anything without a large number of witnesses.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:22   #12164
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

It feels wrong to write this in a happy thought thread but last night a Marie Curie Nurse stayed with my Mum from 9:45 to 7am this morning to allow my Dad to get a full nights sleep. It has been arranged that this will be done three times per week, I'm pleased that my Dad it is getting help and getting a good nights sleep as I was worried that he might not be able to rest but he said today that he was quite surprised that he went out like a light and got up at 6:30 he said this made a huge difference knowing that his wife is getting cared for by professionals. My sister and I have been going over and staying one night a week between us but our Dad was up and down like a yo yo checking on our Mum, I'm just glad that he is getting some rest & managing to get some sleep. My Dad is right these people are the professionals and truly worth their weight in gold imo.
Old 07-06-2017, 19:34   #12165
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Woke up this morning to a clear blue sky, the sound of helicopters and the sight of elite SBS troops doing helicopter parachute training overhead. We've also been lucky enough to see some of their seaborne activities from the beach. Osem jnr#2 was fascinated by all the activity.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
It feels wrong to write this in a happy thought thread but last night a Marie Curie Nurse stayed with my Mum from 9:45 to 7am this morning to allow my Dad to get a full nights sleep. It has been arranged that this will be done three times per week, I'm pleased that my Dad it is getting help and getting a good nights sleep as I was worried that he might not be able to rest but he said today that he was quite surprised that he went out like a light and got up at 6:30 he said this made a huge difference knowing that his wife is getting cared for by professionals. My sister and I have been going over and staying one night a week between us but our Dad was up and down like a yo yo checking on our Mum, I'm just glad that he is getting some rest & managing to get some sleep. My Dad is right these people are the professionals and truly worth their weight in gold imo.
Yes they are wonderful and it's great that the service is there for you. Mrs Osem volunteers for a local hospice a few hours a week and she'd be the first to sing the praises of those who choose to devote themselves to such a worthy cause whether paid or not. There are plenty of caring people about and frankly we don't hear enough about them.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote