Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V6 Warranty

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V6 Warranty

Old 06-01-2017, 12:20   #1
Rusty99
Inactive

Rusty99 is an unknown quantity at this point
V6 Warranty

Hi, newbie to the forum.....

I currently have a TiVo box which is driving me nuts with the 319 on demand error and really slow response. Have reported it and tried all the suggested fixes, Virgin even sent an engineer round who said the box was fine but the recent software upgrades were too much for the box and hold on for the much better V6 box. So I am rebooting it weekly.

So contacted Virgin who said that I could either wait till May to get given a V6 box or I could spend £115 and get one sooner? I have seen prices for £49.99 if you have the 'Full House' package or £99.99 so unsure where the £115 comes in. I currently have the Full house XL Tv package.

Also if you 'buy' it for say £99 and it goes faulty do Virgin repair it for free? I could not see any warranty t&c's info anywhere.
Rusty99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2017, 13:02   #2
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: V6 Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty99 View Post
Hi, newbie to the forum.....

I currently have a TiVo box which is driving me nuts with the 319 on demand error and really slow response. Have reported it and tried all the suggested fixes, Virgin even sent an engineer round who said the box was fine but the recent software upgrades were too much for the box and hold on for the much better V6 box. So I am rebooting it weekly.

So contacted Virgin who said that I could either wait till May to get given a V6 box or I could spend £115 and get one sooner? I have seen prices for £49.99 if you have the 'Full House' package or £99.99 so unsure where the £115 comes in. I currently have the Full house XL Tv package.

Also if you 'buy' it for say £99 and it goes faulty do Virgin repair it for free? I could not see any warranty t&c's info anywhere.
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, although there is an initial extra payment for the V6, you will be renting it, not buying it, and Virgin Media will repair or replace it for free if it goes wrong through no fault of your own.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 13:09   #3
Rusty99
Inactive

Great thanks for that, will see how much longer I can stand the slowness before I capitulate and upgrade.
Old 06-01-2017, 15:19   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Be aware that a V6 won't help with the error 319's. That error means the programme is missing from your local VOD servers, so no box type would be able to view it.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 17:00   #5
Rusty99
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Be aware that a V6 won't help with the error 319's. That error means the programme is missing from your local VOD servers, so no box type would be able to view it.
So strange, after a reboot today it now works ?
Old 06-01-2017, 17:22   #6
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
So strange, after a reboot today it now works ?
Looking at what spider said, I wonder if that's all it needed all along. I don't know whether you would get that message if your box had disconnected from the server.

A re-boot is always worthwhile doing if your box does not respond as you would expect.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 17:38   #7
Rusty99
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Looking at what spider said, I wonder if that's all it needed all along. I don't know whether you would get that message if your box had disconnected from the server.

A re-boot is always worthwhile doing if your box does not respond as you would expect.
Not in this case, as have been rebooting it every week since November.
Old 06-01-2017, 18:37   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
So strange, after a reboot today it now works?
Probably a coincidence. The missing programmes do tend to get loaded eventually.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote