Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming TIVo recordings to V6

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Streaming TIVo recordings to V6

Old 05-01-2017, 11:39   #1
KathG
Inactive

Services: Tivo VIP 100
KathG is an unknown quantity at this point
Streaming TIVo recordings to V6

Hi Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else but cannot find anything on it and I have has asked on the Virginmedia forums but got no answer
Anyway the question. 😊 Should we be able to watch TiVo recording from Sky one Hd and FOX plus other channels on the V6 we had installed yesterday. We have them connected by Poweline plugs and both boxes can see each other.
Every recording we try and watch says broadcaster restrictions.
TIA for replies

Cheers

Kath

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Just an answer to my own question. BenMcr on VM forums suggested turning of and restarting both boxes, and guess what it worked. Something so simple, annoyed with myself for not thinking about that.....LOL

Cheers
Kath
KathG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2017, 18:06   #2
SteveDH
Inactive

SteveDH is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Streaming TIVo recordings to V6

Should work fine, unless you've just changed to a package that doesn't include those channels.
Do they play ok directly on the other tivo?
SteveDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 20:34   #3
KathG
Inactive

Hi Steve, no we have the Full House, but for some reason last night all we could get was a broadcast restriction message. and everything was working normally on the TiVo box, and both V6 and TiVo could see each other, just not play recordings back to the V6.
Anyway after rebooting both boxes everything is now working as it should.

Cheers
Kath
Old 06-01-2017, 01:59   #4
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathG View Post
Hi Steve, no we have the Full House, but for some reason last night all we could get was a broadcast restriction message. and everything was working normally on the TiVo box, and both V6 and TiVo could see each other, just not play recordings back to the V6.
Anyway after rebooting both boxes everything is now working as it should.

Cheers
Kath
Try downloading sky content you record to a tablet not allowed and we cant stream without wifi
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:50   #5
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

For more than eight months now I have been unable to stream HD recordings from one TiVo box to a second. Any attempt is interrupted sooner or later by a 'V69 - Network too slow' error message, the playback stops and I have to try again from the beginning. I have a cat 6 wired connection via a superhub 2. Judging by the posts on the Virgin Media help forum this is not an isolated bug.

Does anyone know if this problem has been fixed with the new V6 TiVo box?
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:06   #6
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
For more than eight months now I have been unable to stream HD recordings from one TiVo box to a second. Any attempt is interrupted sooner or later by a 'V69 - Network too slow' error message, the playback stops and I have to try again from the beginning. I have a cat 6 wired connection via a superhub 2. Judging by the posts on the Virgin Media help forum this is not an isolated bug.

Well i would upgrade to v6 and the new superhuman 2, but i never he that issue on original tivo
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:26   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post

That isn't a known bug. I suspect it's actually caused by the sending TiVo not being able to supply the data quick enough. In which case it won't be a problem with a V6.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:46   #8
KathG
Inactive

We are playing a recording to the V6 right now and it is running fine. I initially wondered if the powerline plugs we are using were not powerful enough as they are a couple of years old.
Fingers crossed all stays good.
Cheers
Kath