Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Will you buy The Sun on Sunday?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Will you buy The Sun on Sunday?
View Poll Results: Will you buy The Sun on Sunday?
Yes 16 13.33%
No 95 79.17%
Occasionally 6 5.00%
Unsure 3 2.50%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-02-2012, 12:54   #1
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

The simple answer is no.
Old 20-02-2012, 12:57   #2
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Will you buy The Sun on Sunday?

Refused to buy the sun on any day of the week, so won't be changing any time soon.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 13:16   #3
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post

The simple answer is no.

No No No No
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 13:17   #4
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

No. I won't be buying this paper.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 13:19   #5
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

No, but then I don't buy any newspapers
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 13:20   #6
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

I'll not vote as I don't buy any Sunday paper and a no vote would skew the poll.

It'll be interesting to see how it sells. When the NOW ceased trading it was selling around 2.6 million copies every Sunday. Only about 1.3 m of those sales moved over to other titles. The other 1.3 m have been lost from the market.

The market is in general decline anyway so it's a brave move by Murdoch, Even though the biggest losses by far are at the Guardian and Independent stables.
I'm sure there will be incentives in the weekday Sun to encourage a Sunday purchase though.
Old 20-02-2012, 13:50   #7
chris9991
Inactive

chris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant future

Provided it is priced below the Sunday Mirror and the People, it should sell well
chris9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 13:56   #8
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I will buy the first one.

But then after this I will only buy a sunday paper if a particluar story takes my interest, or I am on my holiday.
Old 20-02-2012, 13:56   #9
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Course not.But then I don't buy the sun either. I don't buy any newspapers anymore as they are all infected by bad journalism,gossip,falsehoods,inaccuracies and regurgitated PR crap.The only paper I go out of my way to buy is Private Eye.

I suggest that anyone who hasn't read Flat Earth News thus far does so.
Old 20-02-2012, 14:04   #10
SkyFTW
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+HD ,Sky Multiroom, Sky unlimited BB, Anytime+
SkyFTW can only hope to improve

I will buy the Sun on Sunday, I miss the NOTW.

But then I never bought the NOTW for its Hi-Brow quality journalisim, I have my broad sheets for that.

I just enjoy the more light hearted dead donkey storys. Too many people take it too seriously and don't seemto be able to step out side the box. Tabloids fill a gap in the market and no one does a red top better than News International.

Love it or hate it, its good for the WC magazine rack.
SkyFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 14:08   #11
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I never see the point in buying a newspaper.. You're paying for 12+ hours old news when instead you can get upto date news on the net..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 14:10   #12
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Yes, looking forward to it missed News Of The World
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 14:52   #13
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

I have never bought The Sun or the NOTW and I will not be buying The Sun on Sunday either!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 15:02   #14
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

No

If I wanted to read fiction then I will buy a good book.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 15:33   #15
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
I never see the point in buying a newspaper.. You're paying for 12+ hours old news when instead you can get upto date news on the net..
I'm with you on this.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote