Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | virgin phone charges

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

virgin phone charges

Old 10-02-2011, 17:54   #1
effty
Inactive

effty is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry virgin phone charges

On receiving the first couple of bills from Virgin i realised that phone costs had increased by ca 50%. On contacting Virgin i was informed they charge 8.5 ppm. They suggested i take out XL phone package for £8.50 pm but as i only make 2 local calls per day this seemed excessive. I checked Virgins promotional literature & could nowhere find any mention of phone charges.
My phone calls now cost at least £10 pm more tha previous ISP. I do not intend to renew my subscription with Virgin even though i am content with Broadband & TV service.
Effty
effty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2011, 18:09   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: virgin phone charges

You can always find the phone charges here www.virginmedia.com/callcosts which will normally be in the legal T&Cs when advertising phone services.

Specific call costs are not printed on the promotional material as they can change between printing and customer order
Old 12-02-2011, 12:05   #3
dave_dph
Inactive

dave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by effty View Post
My phone calls now cost at least £10 pm more tha previous ISP. I do not intend to renew my subscription with Virgin even though i am content with Broadband & TV service.
Effty
Register with www.18185.co.uk and route your calls through them. Much cheaper than VM's standard rates. You just have to dial an 0800 number, wait for the announcement to start and then key the full number you want to call. Easy.
dave_dph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 00:25   #4
Xan
Inactive

Xan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the rough

The only reason i have the VM phone is for incomming calls i have 100meg bb and tv and phone,works out i'm paying 2 pound a month line rental.If you have a unlocked mobile you should check out giffgaff 0800 numbers are free and you can enter a 0845 to see if there is a 0800 at this site http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:52   #5
jakimo
Inactive

jakimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_dph View Post
Register with www.18185.co.uk and route your calls through them. Much cheaper than VM's standard rates. You just have to dial an 0800 number, wait for the announcement to start and then key the full number you want to call. Easy.
If I register with 18185.co.uk would I still have to pay the excesive VM conection charge?
jakimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 18:00   #6
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakimo View Post
If I register with 18185.co.uk would I still have to pay the excesive VM conection charge?
No, you register with 18185.co.uk as a cable customer and you are provided with an 0800 access number. This is because VM don't allow the standard access prefixes you would use on a BT line. 0800 numbers do not have a connection charge on any landline.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 19:41   #7
jakimo
Inactive

jakimo is an unknown quantity at this point

A bit late in the day,but thanks to all the helpful imfo. on 18185.uk call charges
jakimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:53   #8
usher
Inactive

usher is an unknown quantity at this point

Having noticed that I'm being overcharged £2.50 per month for my b/band & phone I checked on the net before ringing up & I'm surprised to see that even using freephone 0800 numbers still incurs a connection charge.
usher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:02   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

That's wrong. 0800 numbers don't have a connection charge. If however you've used 1471 then 3 to return the call on an 0800 number that's called you that would be chargeable as would Ring back when free
Old 12-10-2011, 12:13   #10
usher
Inactive

usher is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
That's wrong. 0800 numbers don't have a connection charge. If however you've used 1471 then 3 to return the call on an 0800 number that's called you that would be chargeable as would Ring back when free

Read Virgins phone page here: Quote:

For every chargeable call, there is a connection cost of 13.24p (11.24p for numbers beginning 08).

Talk Weekends | Virgin Phone - Virgin Media Shop
usher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:15   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Yes - for every chargeable call - that's 0845 or 0871 etc. Not 0800 (or 0808) which are always not chargeable