Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gennady Golovkin vs. Canelo Alvarez - 16th September

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Gennady Golovkin vs. Canelo Alvarez - 16th September

Old 01-09-2017, 17:05   #1
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Gennady Golovkin vs. Canelo Alvarez - 16th September

Gennady Golovkin 37(33)-0 vs. Canelo Alvarez 51-49(34)-1-1

This is the superfight of the year, in boxing terms anyway, probably the biggest boxing bout since Floyd and Manny except these two are actually still prime fighters.

I understand that much to Sky's disappointment, Box Nation have the rights for this fight and a subscription is cheaper than the typical Box office cost.

Trust me when I say this fight could go absolutely any way. A lot of people have Golovkin and knockout, it's possible but it isn't a foregone conclusion by any stretch. Canelo is more than capable of surviving and winning 12 rounds. For all the power Golvkin has, he can be caught and outboxed by a chinny fighter easily. Brook couldn't land anything significant of course but he could land in quantity. Golovkin took on Jacobs in his previous bout and despite flooring Jacobs early and taking a 12 round win, he really didn't look impressive at all and I could make a case for him losing on points overall.

Canelo doesn't have the overall power to trouble Golovkin but that doesn't mean it can't happen, see Marquez catch Manny with a counter shot and end him. He's capable of taking some of Golovkin's shots clean and that's all that matters because overall I believe he's the more skilled boxer of the two and could see out a 12 round win if Golovkin can't put him away.

Early predictions: Canelo via UD or Golovkin via TKO

Can't really make a case for Golovkin to win over 12 rounds without at least two knockdowns. I also can't see who will start the more eager and bag the early rounds. Canelo will be wary not to be caught early and Golovkin will be wise to avoid getting dragged into a quick start with Canelo. Expect the first to be a jab contest.
Old 01-09-2017, 18:06   #2
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation
Re: Gennady Golovkin vs. Canelo Alvarez - 16th September

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
This is the superfight of the year
What's your assessment of the Vasyl Lomachenko and Guillermo Rigondeaux fight Adzii?
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 19:23   #3
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Can't call it, everyone has Lomachenko as the greatest thing since sliced bread at the moment but a lot like I have done with Joshua, I'm absolutely reserving anything for a bit later. If he beats Rigondeaux though I'll have little choice but to start. That'll be 11 fights and they're not against taxi drivers. That's where he's due credit the most. He hasn't sparred with bums and got himself right amongst it from the get go. Best Amateur record on the planet by a distance but anything can change at any point. I was convinced that Amir Khan would rise to P4P king but setbacks came and poor choices really killed that. Problem Lomachenko has right now is because of the above, he wants the big fights now and nobody decent is willing to risk it against an unknown product with a superb background, that then suffers the other way because he has little interest in padding his record with Journeymen which is leading to trouble setting up fights. Shocked they got this fight. Great for us though, two sensational amateurs and generally unknown quantities in professional boxing stepping off against each other. If I absolutely have to make a call, Lomachenko is arguably the less nervous of the two, his 0 is already gone. Countered by pundits suggesting Rigondeaux is more experienced. I don't know who I want to win either.

The fight is exciting regardless, absolute potential for each fighter to stop the other. What's more interesting is whether Loma moves up to the WW division soon or whether he's going the Pacquiao route. I admired Provodnikov, but Loma has the potential to be miles better and could put away the likes of Bradley, Thurman and Spence.

Pretty fun year though so far, Haye is penned in for December as is Khan. Parker/Fury, Aj VS Wilder/Ortiz could be set up too.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 01-09-2017 at 19:34.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:26   #4
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Yep, it's a very tough call; Loma may edge it but who knows? I'll expect a full post-fight appraisal from you adzii
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 05:17   #5
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Both weigh in at 160. We have a fight.

Want Golovkin to win but I can't call it. If Golovkin knocks him out early, I will implode.
Old 16-09-2017, 05:35   #6
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Both weigh in at 160. We have a fight.

Want Golovkin to win but I can't call it. If Golovkin knocks him out early, I will implode.
Golovkin will win IMO.
Old 16-09-2017, 09:46   #7
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I also have my fingers crossed for Nicola Adams who is on the undercard.
Old 16-09-2017, 17:55   #8
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I also have my fingers crossed for Nicola Adams who is on the undercard.
Thanks for this. I had her appearing on a card a month ago in Vegas on an untelevised segment, I must have skewed the dates.
Old 17-09-2017, 01:23   #9
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Billy Joe Saunders fights shortly on BT Sports.

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

Also worth remembering that key fights that Box Nation had originally acquired will also be available on BT Sports as a cross show. This is part of the deal that saw all BT subscribers get access to Box Nation for free. Channel will still be used for low key events and the on demand service.

---------- Post added 17-09-2017 at 00:23 ---------- Previous post was 16-09-2017 at 22:39 ----------

Nicola Adams fight off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/41296984
Old 17-09-2017, 05:21   #10
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Some interesting scenes backstage already. Canelo's camp are complaining and demanding that Golovkin is punished from the get go for any rabbit punches.

Golovkin's camp are now demanding Canelo shaves his beard so it can't cushion blows.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 17-09-2017 at 07:16. Reason: Removed in-fight posts.
Old 17-09-2017, 05:59   #11
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Decision: DRAW 118-110 Canelo, 115-113, Golovkin, 114-114 draw.

118-110 Canelo? What? That is an absolutely horrific card, paying customers have been robbed of a conclusive outcome

A DRAW
Personal card below, I have Golovkin winning but red highlighted are ones that could go either way.

Fans booing Canelo, they have their winner picked.

From the card below, I can reverse some of the highlighted reds and make a case for 114-114 that gave the draw result. Literally one judge has got it right in my opinion, the other has a questionable but also possible card (114-114) then Byrd has an atrocious card of 118-110 for Canelo, absolutely horrible and I'd expect nothing less than an investigation and dismissal.

Great fight, ups and downs for both. Canelo thinks he won, he's wrong though imo, really surprising overall.

Fans cards overall have Golovkin winning, pundits cards have Golovkin with a handful to Canelo.

Overall, Golovkin should win, I'm alright with the draw, rematch December please. I think Golovkin wins that by Knockout, and he just called Canelo out for refusing to stand his ground. Canelo has the most to lose from a rematch now that Golovkin has seen everything that he can offer. Golovkin will be more confident and aim for bigger punches a second time round.

I rarely bring conspiracy into serious stuff but I was told by several boxing friends and other forum users that Golovkin would never get a decision, I've heard that for so many fighters (hometown shenanigans) and every Mayweather fight ever and usually they're not warranted. This was absolutely warranted though, he was never getting that decision. The most popular score is 8-4, that's the same way I've caught it too. If I flip a round to Canelo from the red zones, I get the 115-113 card that went to Golovkin.

Most popular scorecard on the phone app was 116-112 Golovkin. 115-113 in second place, 114-114 was indeed scored in there at third place and Canelo 115-113 last. The rest were non significant silly scores like 118-110 Golovkin and the same for Canelo
Attached Images
File Type: png 27578bbc1f46f2be99c05e03e42ca48c.png (26.0 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 17-09-2017 at 07:17.
Old 17-09-2017, 07:07   #12
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

ESPN pundit and reporter slam judge and boxing board.

Tweet from September 13th calling out Judge Adelaide Byrd: https://imgur.com/RNqp1dx

Quote:
"“We respectfully requested that Adalaide Byrd not be assigned to this fight,” Moretti said. “From there it went on to a conversation [with NSAC executive director Bob Bennett] about how she is a good judge. Some judges can have good nights and can have bad nights. But when she has bad nights, she seems to be too far away from the score. Bob defended her left and right. He didn’t wanna listen to our objection.”"
https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/st...79022370062338 note the name Bob again, this is what corruption looks like.

Fight Analysis after a LONG sleep. Interested to see how members had it.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 17-09-2017 at 07:14.
Old 17-09-2017, 07:37   #13
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l would say Golovkin was the winner in my book adzii.
Old 17-09-2017, 10:07   #14
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Thanks for this. I had her appearing on a card a month ago in Vegas on an untelevised segment, I must have skewed the dates.
Sad to hear that it was called off because there were concerns about her opponent.
Old 17-09-2017, 10:14   #15
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Hopefully it won't be long before she is on another bill.