Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ethernet Cable

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Ethernet Cable

Old 04-09-2017, 03:37   #31
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Ethernet Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Im sure the technician will be happy to pass the cable down to you under the floor, if you can walk about then they will go under
That's exactly what happened when I had VM installed several years ago in another property I lived in.

There was direct access to the cellar from the outside he passed the cable through that to me and I threaded it up through the hole he drilled in the floorboard where I wanted the install.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2017, 19:22   #32
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

So, I was given an engineer time from between 1pm and 6pm today for my new installation, It's now 6:22pm and no sign of any engineer, not even a call to say that he couldn't manage, very very poor show indeed from Virgin!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 20:21   #33
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
So, I was given an engineer time from between 1pm and 6pm today for my new installation, It's now 6:22pm and no sign of any engineer, not even a call to say that he couldn't manage, very very poor show indeed from Virgin!

That is very bad of them not even to call or Text you that they could not make the appointment, did you have to loose time from work to wait for VM to install?

I think a message to the CEO to complain is called for.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 20:58   #34
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
That is very bad of them not even to call or Text you that they could not make the appointment, did you have to loose time from work to wait for VM to install?

I think a message to the CEO to complain is called for.
Well I waited in the whole afternoon, I've checked the date as I wrote it down when I was on the phone to make this appointment, and it's definitely 4th September between 1pm and 6pm.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:30   #35
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Does anyone have the phone number or the email address of the CEO's office please?

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:52   #36
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Does anyone have the phone number or the email address of the CEO's office please?

Thanks.
As long as Tom Mockridge is still the CEO then you should get through to a member of his team by using ...

tom.mockridge@virginmedia.co.uk
Old 05-09-2017, 12:55   #37
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
As long as Tom Mockridge is still the CEO then you should get through to a member of his team by using ...

tom.mockridge@virginmedia.co.uk
Many thanks
Old 05-09-2017, 13:33   #38
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Many thanks

Keep us posted on the results of your contact with the CEO.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 13:45   #39
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
Keep us posted on the results of your contact with the CEO.
Will do.
Old 06-09-2017, 00:57   #40
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

What category of Ethernet cable is required for the V6, Cat6 or 5e?
Old 06-09-2017, 01:52   #41
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Cat5e is sufficient.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:46   #42
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Mate, your thinking into this too much
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 15:48   #43
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Mate, your thinking into this too much

Nah, I'm just trying to cover all eventualities mate....
Old 06-09-2017, 16:13   #44
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Nah, I'm just trying to cover all eventualities mate....
In that case wouldn't you just go with Cat 6?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 18:04   #45
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
Yeah that's good, you should get the best possible connection via Ethernet between the two, although I personally have my Superhub in modem mode and use my own superior router for all my devices either hard wired or over wifi but that's a conversation for an entirely different thread lol
I'm pretty sure Sky Q's Ethernet ports aren't Gigabit that said I'm not sure why it needs them.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote