Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 30-08-2017, 14:30   #2431
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Someone has asked Freesports on twitter about the channel on VM
If only that was true then no more Media Boy HQ.

We just seen an pig flying.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 30-08-2017, 18:06   #2432
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Reading your kind words of support for me in regards to Fox News. Thanks a lot everyone. Your support and understanding mean a lot during this tough time

Did any of the DNP orders get announced? I'm on a train and I'm sat next to someone close so I can't move my fingers to look at previous pages

If anyone is on the Nottingham to liverpool train I'm on coach A
Old 30-08-2017, 20:09   #2433
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Maybe for all we know the hold up is all about Premier Sports HD.

We feel that Premier Sports deal is up in October.

Premier Sports was launch in time for the last Rugby World Cup in 2013.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_R...ague_World_Cup

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...o-add-new.html

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...l-premier.html
To add weight to the conjecture that VM may be negotiating for all three channels, it has come to light that they sometimes show different material on their HD and SD channels.

It was originally estimated that Freesports would reach 22 million homes, but this has now been revised downwards to 10 million due to their Freeview signal not being available to 25% of the country and their non appearance on VM:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...annel-11076516

This won't please their advertisers...
Old 30-08-2017, 20:13   #2434
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Reading your kind words of support for me in regards to Fox News. Thanks a lot everyone. Your support and understanding mean a lot during this tough time

Did any of the DNP orders get announced? I'm on a train and I'm sat next to someone close so I can't move my fingers to look at previous pages

Chin up i posted the youtube link for fox news live a page or so back.

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
To add weight to the conjecture that VM may be negotiating for all three channels, it has come to light that they sometimes show different material on their HD and SD channels.

It was originally estimated that Freesports would reach 22 million homes, but this has now been revised downwards to 10 million due to their Freeview signal not being available to 25% of the country and their non appearance on VM:

It'll be on tvplayer too in a few weeks apparantly.
Old 30-08-2017, 21:05   #2435
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:

10 million doesn't sound right. It'll be available in nearly 13.5 million SKY and Freesat homes alone, never mind Freeview homes with signal coverage.
Old 30-08-2017, 21:17   #2436
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
10 million doesn't sound right. It'll be available in nearly 13.5 million SKY and Freesat homes alone, never mind Freeview homes with signal coverage.
The 10m figure is poorly phrased. The company's wording was "Channel bosses say it will give over 10 million UK homes access to a 24/7 sports channel for the first time."
I think they mean that this gives 10m Freeview and Freesat viewers access to a 24/7 sports channel for the first time.
Old 30-08-2017, 22:09   #2437
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

We can confirmed one of them is set to be announced before 2018.
Old 30-08-2017, 22:11   #2438
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The 10m figure is poorly phrased. The company's wording was "Channel bosses say it will give over 10 million UK homes access to a 24/7 sports channel for the first time."
I think they mean that this gives 10m Freeview and Freesat viewers access to a 24/7 sports channel for the first time.
Yeah that sounds about right. There's just short of 28 million households in the UK. Around 18 million homes have pay TV.

Even with only 75% Freeview coverage the channel will still reach close to 5.5 million Freeview households. Pair this up with SKY and Freesat, and Virgin Media homes with Freeview access, the channel will be going out to about 20 million households not to mention pubs, clubs, hotels etc...

Wonder if they'll launch a live stream via their website or an app? Then it'll be available to almost everyone.
Old 30-08-2017, 22:12   #2439
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
It'll be on tvplayer too in a few weeks apparantly.
Cheers, is this a free or paid for service? Maybe they (VM or tvplayer) could put this app onto the TiVo to get round the situation??
Old 30-08-2017, 22:50   #2440
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Cheers, is this a free or paid for service? Maybe they (VM or tvplayer) could put this app onto the TiVo to get round the situation??
Tvplayer is both free and paid depends what channels you want their paid service is £5.99p/m https://tvplayer.com/ look at try plus, the free version is basically freeview but online.
Old 31-08-2017, 13:23   #2441
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Tvplayer is both free and paid depends what channels you want their paid service is £5.99p/m https://tvplayer.com/ look at try plus, the free version is basically freeview but online.
Thanks.

As well as not appearing on VM, Freesports has had its launch delayed on Sky and Freesat. Wouldn't surprise me if Sky had contrived a delay to both platforms out of spite.

Freesports now estimate a start date on satellite of 12/9/17.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 31-08-2017 at 13:28.
Old 31-08-2017, 14:42   #2442
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Norwich's Mustard TV is to close on Thursday 31st August, with a special programme to mark the occasion.

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/08/m...-to-close.html

Mustard TV is on Virgin UK Channel 159 in some Norwich areas.
Old 31-08-2017, 15:14   #2443
jj20x

Quote:
Thanks.

As well as not appearing on VM, Freesports has had its launch delayed on Sky and Freesat. Wouldn't surprise me if Sky had contrived a delay to both platforms out of spite.

It has been known for many years that satellite channels pass through Sky's adaptation hub and it has to be configured correctly (to Sky's spec.) for channels to appear on Freesat. This work will be tied into Sky's channel launch schedule. I'm not so sure about spite, but one thing is for sure, a broadcaster isn't going to get Sky to do a rush job to get through this stage.

It could simply be a lack of forward planning by the broadcaster. After all, they did indicate that the channel would launch on VM, clearly without a carriage deal in place. Sometimes things just don't fall into place.

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Norwich's Mustard TV is to close on Thursday 31st August, with a special programme to mark the occasion.

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/08/m...-to-close.html

Mustard TV is on Virgin UK Channel 159 in some Norwich areas.
It will be interesting to see if there is a service name change on VM as the service is replaced by "That's Norfolk". VM still carries the "Cambridge TV" service name in the SDT rather than "That's Cambridge".

On another note, it will be interesting to see if That's TV continues with the carriage (of these acquisitions) on VM in the long term, considering that other channels in the That's TV stable are not made available on VM.

Old 31-08-2017, 15:19   #2444
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

It was added to 424 on Sky - on the originally advertised date (today).
Quote:
Thanks.

Old 31-08-2017, 15:29   #2445
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
It was added to 424 on Sky - on the originally advertised date (today).
Also on Freeview channel (95) but not yet on Youview at the time of posting.

It's not on TV Player yet, either.

PQ is not very good.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 31-08-2017 at 15:33.
Closed Thread