Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Config Update

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Config Update

Old 28-02-2017, 21:11   #1
JordanTheToaster
I Toast Bread

Services: Vivid 350?
JordanTheToaster is on a distinguished roadJordanTheToaster is on a distinguished road
Config Update

I saw that the higher tiers went up slightly and it seems 100 has gone up too, I went from 104 to 110 after my modem seized up for about 15 minuets earlier.

Before

After
JordanTheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2017, 03:43   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Config Update

My modem went offline tonight for about 30 minutes.

Now its back, my upstream & downstrem limits are set to 0 ....

Presumably this means I'm limited [only] by the total speed of the upstream & downstrem channels I have ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:10   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
My modem went offline tonight for about 30 minutes.

Now its back, my upstream & downstrem limits are set to 0 ....

Presumably this means I'm limited [only] by the total speed of the upstream & downstrem channels I have ?
Probably just needs a reboot.

---------- Post added at 10:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 ----------

No changes here but my levels for the 150 tier got increased 6 months ago.
Old 01-03-2017, 14:33   #4
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Looks like mine changed last night too. Max rate: 115100000.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 15:15   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

mine has gone from 220mbits up to 230 now. Can't say it has made that much difference though

[img][/img]
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 16:48   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Probably just needs a reboot.
Its going to be waiting a long time then.

Aside from power failures, its never rebooted (by me anyway).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 18:12   #7
copernob
cf.addict

copernob is an unknown quantity at this point

Rigged up my New Shrub 3 today on Vivid 200mb Gamer.
All working ok at moment, but not yet put in any Ports. Going to see if I can load up my D-Link from outside my home later without the ports in. The port is in my D-Link.

Anyone know the proper name of this shrub (black one) is it linkseys or something..?

My Speed
[img][/img]
copernob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 20:18   #8
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

other than the colour, is there is a difference between the black and white superhub 3's? virgin sent me a new black one for some reason and I wonder if it's better in some way
lonespeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 20:57   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

No difference.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:51   #10
copernob
cf.addict

copernob is an unknown quantity at this point

Found its same as white one for some reason.
ARRIS TG2492 LG-85

With my Tp-LinkTL-WPA-4220 down stairs, I get the same Download Upload speed on Wired and Wi-Fi on my Laptop. Phone is slower now than before, & I got problems connecting with my Samsung Tab 2 10.1 2.4GHz. No connection on the 5GHZ but I did when I the old Shrub1.
I can connect to my D-Link NAS on Mobile phone from outside in someone elses house etc, but not on my Tab2 10.1. Not put any Ports into this Router. But have done in my D-Link. All Stealthed except the PING
copernob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:53   #11
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
mine has gone from 220mbits up to 230 now. Can't say it has made that much difference though

Been like that for a while, my non gamer config has been at 230 for a few weeks now.

Still hoping for an upstream bump
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 19:23   #12
Travelstar
cf.member

Travelstar is on a distinguished roadTravelstar is on a distinguished road

I'm on the Gamer 200 and surprised I still have only 8 downstream channels and 3 upstream, although guessing I might be on an older Cisco CMTS as the Homeworks 300 is not available around here. I believe the older kit does not support higher numbers of downstream channels, although happy to be proven wrong.

Having said the above, when bandwidth contention is not playing a role in the evening, the connection is not too bad. Tends to be around 190-220Mbps during the day and 15-50Mbps in the evenings (averaging around 25) which is enough for watching a Netflix HD stream.

I've not yet bought into the whole UHD side yet as I think we have another year of waiting for a few things to settle down around standards and technologies, not to mention prices to lower for same technologies and more importantly for content to arrive.
Travelstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 20:39   #13
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

ah is it a function of being on an older Cisco CMTS that limits top speed to 200 Mb/s? I have 12 downstreams and 2 up, on a Cisco CMTS and 200 Mb/s is the max available.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 23:22   #14
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmock View Post
ah is it a function of being on an older Cisco CMTS that limits top speed to 200 Mb/s? I have 12 downstreams and 2 up, on a Cisco CMTS and 200 Mb/s is the max available.
How would you know what you are on? I'm on 24 down and 2 up but 300Mb isn't available.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 23:28   #15
JordanTheToaster
I Toast Bread

Services: Vivid 350?
JordanTheToaster is on a distinguished roadJordanTheToaster is on a distinguished road

I was on 12 and 2 and I had 300 since the start.
JordanTheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote