Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | A new approch

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

A new approch

Old 16-02-2017, 23:22   #1
willie
cf.geek

Services: VM 200mb VM Phone M
willie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these parts
Send a message via MSN to willie
Arrow A new approch

A new approach
Some time ago i ran a popular tech help forum that some of older members may remember and i am going back before cable forum it went under a different name then.
But i degress a little, so back then some people were how should i put it maybe 1 slate short of a full roof they would ask for some help with say windows error and the threads would go something like this but updated a little because back then most problems were in windows 95 i will use windows 10 problem as an analogy
post No
1) I have installed IIS (windows 10 version) but it will not let me install php manager can you help.
2)Sure i can you will need to edit 1 setting in the registry start by running regedit then you will need to edit the following setting HKLM\SYSTEM\current control set\services\W3SVC\parameters then edit the key majorversion from 10 to 8 job done

problem solved or so you think so it goes on
51) So can you tell me how to get php manager running on IIS

Right here is my new approach i will create a video demo of how to do it post it on youtube go back to the site and post link to video then the posts would go something like this

1) I have installed IIS (windows 10 version) but it will not let me install php manager can you help.
2) Sure just follow the link (insert link to the video)
Mark the thread as Solved and close it
the end result is it took just one reply to the origanal instead of what usually happens which thankfully is rare but not rare enough.
Post No
53) but how do i install php manager on IIS
willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-02-2017, 15:50   #2
jem
Inactive

Services: Broadband only (Vivid 300)
jem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quadsjem has a fine set of Quads
Re: A new approch

Well for crying out loud, don't leave us all hanging,

are you going to tell us how to install PHP on IIS or not?
Old 22-02-2017, 15:59   #3
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Never heard of Google?

https://phpmanager.codeplex.com/workitem/2653
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 04:37   #4
willie
cf.geek

Services: VM 200mb VM Phone M
willie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these parts
Send a message via MSN to willie

Sorry a bit late been away from pc for a bit but here is link
https://cometbar.co.uk/forum/tech-sp...er-for-testing
willie is offline   Reply With Quote