Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 08:10   #721
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
I can't recall ever seeing Virgin use the word "free" in relation to BT Sport.
No its never been free.

Its a standalone premium channel that happens to be included with TV XL or Full House as its now called.
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2017, 10:16   #722
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
That is for BT customers, BTtv customers are going to start paying £3.50pm for BTsports, other BT customers £5pm,SKY customers £21.99pm, as far as i'm aware VM are not affected yet.
Sky customers pay 21.99?! Plus with sky sports being 27 odd quid to watch all football it's almost 50 quid?! I think we may be screwed when the BT contract expires...
Old 08-03-2017, 11:21   #723
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Sky customers pay 21.99?! Plus with sky sports being 27 odd quid to watch all football it's almost 50 quid?! I think we may be screwed when the BT contract expires...
Well there will be plenty who will rise up and show their displeasure if they Virgin don't renew the BT Sport contract Vince.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:34   #724
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well there will be plenty who will rise up and show their displeasure if they Virgin don't renew the BT Sport contract Vince.
Beating theone2k10 to it! The plenty won't be the only thing that will "rise up" if BT and VM renew the BT Sport deal.
Old 08-03-2017, 12:42   #725
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Come on now Rooney needs the money for his hair transplant

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Beating theone2k10 to it! The plenty won't be the only thing that will "rise up" if BT and VM renew the BT Sport deal.
That'll be £6pm plus your soul for BT Sports on vm top tv pack
Old 08-03-2017, 15:37   #726
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Personally I would prefer not to have BT sport within top tier TV package. I would like to be allowed to choose which Company provides the content I want to watch and pay for accordingly.
Old 08-03-2017, 15:50   #727
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
According to TV & Satellite Week, the new Quest Red channel starts on Wednesday 15 (not Friday) on channel 215. Full schedules are provided.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Quest Red launches next Friday on channel 215 info from the TV magazine What's on TV
But will Discovery ask Virgin Media to drop - TLC+1, I.D.+1, Quest +1, DMAX +1, Discovery Channel +1, Animal Planet +1, Discovery Science +1, Discovery History +1 or Home & Health +1 - for Quest Red to launch?

We are set to miss Quest Red +1 from launch.

We also feel that Quest +1 will move to Freeview HD so that it old slot on Freeview and also it channel number 38 can be use for Quest Red*.

*Discovery has confirm no channels will be drop on Freeview.

https://twitter.com/QuestRedtv/statu...95030393552896
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 08-03-2017 at 16:31.
Old 08-03-2017, 20:04   #728
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

S4C signs sub let deal with Sky Sports for Wales Football games.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...shown-12710672

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

Digital TV Europe: Liberty Global ‘evaluating’ Amazon partnership.

Liberty Global is “evaluating” whether to offer Amazon’s video service, after striking a global deal last year to distribute Netflix through its set-top boxes, according to Eric Tveter.

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/67020...n-partnership/
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 09-03-2017, 10:49   #729
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Personally I would prefer not to have BT sport within top tier TV package. I would like to be allowed to choose which Company provides the content I want to watch and pay for accordingly.
'

Come on Dave - the eventual price rise will be no-where near what we would have to pay for BT Sports separately. I know like me you like ESPN and I'm a big rugby fan as well. I already overpay VM and don't want to give them even more.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:11   #730
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
S4C signs sub let deal with Sky Sports for Wales Football games.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...shown-12710672

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

Digital TV Europe: Liberty Global ‘evaluating’ Amazon partnership.

Liberty Global is “evaluating” whether to offer Amazon’s video service, after striking a global deal last year to distribute Netflix through its set-top boxes, according to Eric Tveter.

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/67020...n-partnership/
Well according to some who jumped the gun last year we were given the impression that it was coming soon anyway but alas that frenzied speculation proved not to be true..
Old 09-03-2017, 11:14   #731
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Well according to some who jumped the gun last year we were given the impression that it was coming soon anyway but alas that frenzied speculation proved not to be true..
It could have been delayed by VM while the LG policy on all this was being sorted out. I think VM may well be ready to go when given the green light.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:21   #732
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It could have been delayed by VM while the LG policy on all this was being sorted out. I think VM may well be ready to go when given the green light.
I agree. It's on Tivo in the US and there were reports it was being tested here. It makes sense for LGI to do a global deal rather than a country-by-country one. That being said, they need to move soon or people will be tempted to watch an increasing amount of content directly on their smart TVs.
Old 09-03-2017, 13:18   #733
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
It was delayed for technical reason which i did post on here about at the time MR i'm so correct.
Old 09-03-2017, 13:41   #734
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
'

Come on Dave - the eventual price rise will be no-where near what we would have to pay for BT Sports separately. I know like me you like ESPN and I'm a big rugby fan as well. I already overpay VM and don't want to give them even more.
You have a very good point there M8
Old 09-03-2017, 13:47   #735
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
It was delayed for technical reason which i did post on here about at the time MR i'm so correct.