Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Marine killer deserves clemency

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Marine killer deserves clemency

Old 09-11-2013, 18:02   #16
tizmeinnit

Re: Marine killer deserves clemency

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
In the face of uncertainty everyone has the same mindset whether you be a child or an old man. Experience goes bang out of the window. Years of training and discipline disappear when you're stood atop of the man that just fired upon you.
if experience when out of the window then all our armed forces when in combat would be animals. All the interviews with combat troops I have seen end with them saying they remember the training funny that
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2013, 18:02   #17
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
I have said I do not agree with the rules of engagement
I think most of us are in agreement with one and other here
Old 09-11-2013, 18:05   #18
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
I think most of us are in agreement with one and other here
Indeed ,there must be a punishment but he must never be equated with a common murderer .War is a unique environment and needs to be treated as such when crimes occur
Old 09-11-2013, 18:05   #19
tizmeinnit

I just wish our countrymen were no longer there
Old 09-11-2013, 18:10   #20
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

You fight you get berated by the world, you stand by and watch and you're berated for not doing anything. Loss/Loss pull them out and give them
Old 09-11-2013, 19:09   #21
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

If this guy is guilty of anything its being stupid enough to have video evidence

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 19:33   #22
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

This is a really difficult one but, never having been in that position, I can't bring myself to totally condemn what the marine did. Expecting Geneva Convention rules to always be observed is asking a lot of any solider IMHO, especially when they're fighting against people for whom their are no such rules.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 19:58   #23
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

He should be punished the same way as if it had been a civvy with a gun on the streets over here doing what he did.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 20:14   #24
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
He should be punished the same way as if it had been a civvy with a gun on the streets over here doing what he did.
People over here don't tend to get back up and blast an RPG at you. Ones an active war zone and the other is a normal street. You can't compare the two.
Old 09-11-2013, 20:23   #25
SMG
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky TV, B/Band.
SMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appeal
SMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
If this guy is guilty of anything its being stupid enough to have video evidence
Agreed.

Rules of Engagement are fine, on paper, but do you keep to those rules when your enemy disregards them? Special forces, 2 in the chest & walk away. By the time you comply with rules, your dead. We had stupid rules in N.I. stick to them & get a free ride home, in a body bag.

Train hard, fight easy, Old Pongo`s know. Your training doesn't allow for much thinking time, when under fire, you switch to Automatic. The mistake these 3 idiots made, was putting it on record. You don't get much higher in the pecking order than a Royal Marines Commando Sergeant, most guys above his level of training are SF.

One rule. Better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

Unless you have been in these situations, you really have no idea whatsoever & your opinion is worthless.
SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 20:26   #26
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Agreed. The only thing that annoyed me was it wasn't a. 50 to make sure he wasn't getting back up.
Old 09-11-2013, 20:39   #27
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
People over here don't tend to get back up and blast an RPG at you. Ones an active war zone and the other is a normal street. You can't compare the two.
Which is why I said if happened as it did for the soldier. The point I'm making is if a civvy over here acted in the same or similar circumstances would he expected to serve a lesser sentence?

The reason I'm saying this is on 2 other forums I use plus on some Facebook groups people are having the attitude of "He's one of our boys, he's brave (which is never in question), he sees danger every day etc so he should be let off" which is utterly ridiculous.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 20:54   #28
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Which is why I said if happened as it did for the soldier. The point I'm making is if a civvy over here acted in the same or similar circumstances would he expected to serve a lesser sentence?

The reason I'm saying this is on 2 other forums I use plus on some Facebook groups people are having the attitude of "He's one of our boys, he's brave (which is never in question), he sees danger every day etc so he should be let off" which is utterly ridiculous.
Those kind of people you're debating with tend to be BNP thinking yobs who think war and killing people is a glorious thing. I'm not looking at it like that I just don't think this guy should face life for his actions.
Old 09-11-2013, 21:02   #29
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
Agreed.

Rules of Engagement are fine, on paper, but do you keep to those rules when your enemy disregards them? Special forces, 2 in the chest & walk away. By the time you comply with rules, your dead. We had stupid rules in N.I. stick to them & get a free ride home, in a body bag.

Train hard, fight easy, Old Pongo`s know. Your training doesn't allow for much thinking time, when under fire, you switch to Automatic. The mistake these 3 idiots made, was putting it on record. You don't get much higher in the pecking order than a Royal Marines Commando Sergeant, most guys above his level of training are SF.

One rule. Better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

Unless you have been in these situations, you really have no idea whatsoever & your opinion is worthless.
That is a very arrogant opinion although in the most part I agree with what you say however the level of his training as you lay out is just down from special forces if he can not do it right then there is something wrong imo
Old 09-11-2013, 21:04   #30
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:

Firstly he won't be let off and no one is suggesting it ,the suggestion from the General is that clemency should be shown reducing the sentence down to maybe 5 probably 10 yrs with no life parole on release .

Secondly ,as SMG has said soldiers with his level of training and experience could be SF who by necessity are wired differently to us mortals so some allowance must be made .

Thirdly ,being "one of our boys" has sod all to do with it ,he is guilty of a war crime and has been found guilty, the punishment should be based on the unique circumstances of war not compared to some little scroat killing someone in a drugs deal gone wrong