Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 19:41   #151
thegrid
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Big Kahuna with Sky Sports HD & Movies HD. 1TB TiVo, 2 X V+HD, 200MB Vivid Broadband
thegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The day's got to turn to night first (it's only 7.40 pm, after all)!

BT Sport will come sooner or later, I'm positive about that. But I hope the deal is announced soon.

Then we can start moaning about the lack of Sky Atlantic again!
Boy oh boy! I can't wait to start moaning about that again!
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2013, 19:42   #152
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
totally agree but if bt wont give them bt sport it nothing VM can do sadly and it reason sky will never let VM have the missing channels they don't want to lose customers to VM
Who says that BT won't give it to them? They are in negotiations and are close to a deal. I think you may have read too much into the failure to broadcast on VM on launch day.
Old 07-08-2013, 19:43   #153
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:

BT Sport will come sooner or later, I'm positive about that. But I hope the deal is announced soon.

no chance of that as said above sky don't want to lose customers to VM

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

Quote:
Who says that BT won't give it to them? They are in negotiations and are close to a deal. I think you may have read too much into the failure to broadcast on VM on launch day.
didn't say they wont do deal said if bt wont do deal still can go either way this bt might do a sky and withhold it
Old 07-08-2013, 19:43   #154
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
no chance of that as said above sky don't want to lose customers to VM
Blimey, Dave, you are a miserable sod aren't you? Still I suppose at least you won't be disappointed (except about the fact that you're wrong of course!)
Old 07-08-2013, 19:45   #155
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Yes because of my greying air and deterioration of brain cells l got a little bit confused OB with that first bit but yes l am very confident it will arrive and when it does then its time to seek the holy grail.
Old 07-08-2013, 19:45   #156
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Blimey, Dave, you are a miserable sod aren't you? Still I suppose at least you won't be disappointed (except about the fact that you're wrong of course!)
nope pointing to the facts why it wont happen did you see chads and MM's posts before it not coming id bet on that
Old 07-08-2013, 19:47   #157
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
didn't say they wont do deal said if bt wont do deal still can go either way this bt might do a sky and withhold it
Well let's see Dave, but I think you are being overly pessimistic.

Can't blame you in a way, after all the time we've been missing Sky Atlantic. However, I think the tectonic plates have at last started shifting.

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Quote:
nope pointing to the facts why it wont happen did you see chads and MM's posts before it not coming id bet on that
Yes, but that's not what the media are printing or what VM are saying. However, it is only the materialisation (or not) of these channels that will prove anyone right.
Old 07-08-2013, 19:48   #158
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I care, not because I watch sport (I don't) but because a lot of people do and this is a credibility issue for Virgin Media.

I want VM to be a real competitor to Sky and to be an attractive proposition for future customers. The more subscribers they get, the better service they will be able to provide and hopefully the more technically advanced they will get.
The poster was asking for my own view - I give it.

Base on info I have seen today maybe the hold up is down to BT.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 07-08-2013, 19:49   #159
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
The poster was asking for my own view - I give it.

Base on info I have seen today maybe the hold up is down to BT.
What, you mean technical issues?
Old 07-08-2013, 19:50   #160
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
l might have to call you Victor soon as even Victor was never that pessimistic dear chap.
Old 07-08-2013, 19:55   #161
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Well let's see Dave, but I think you are being overly pessimistic.

Can't blame you in a way, after all the time we've been missing Sky Atlantic. However, I think the tectonic plates have at last started shifting.

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Yes, but that's not what the media are printing or what VM are saying. However, it is only the materialisation (or not) of these channels that will prove anyone right.
I tell you this I would love to be proved wrong and we get the channels but there no evidence sky have change the stance on it and I bet they wont as chad posted sky are asking there customers about it being available on other platform lots say would move no will will sky want that so no gonna happen sky wont lower price VM wont pay over the top price if SA goes anywhere it only be to now tv which they got a stake in

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l might have to call you Victor soon as even Victor was never that pessimistic dear chap.
Den do you think sky will change there stance have they ever lowered the price of channels for other platforms sure you know there answer mate
Old 07-08-2013, 19:59   #162
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
I tell you this I would love to be proved wrong and we get the channels but there no evidence sky have change the stance on it and I bet they wont as chad posted sky are asking there customers about it being available on other platform lots say would move no will will sky want that so no gonna happen sky wont lower price VM wont pay over the top price if SA goes anywhere it only be to now tv which they got a stake in
But it has been reported that Sky and Virgin Media are much closer now and that some realism has set in. They are back in talks, so fingers crossed.
Old 07-08-2013, 19:59   #163
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
But it has been reported that Sky and Virgin Media are much closer now and that some realism has set in. They are in talks, so fingers crossed.

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

Indeed and remember they have just agreed a backhaul deal so the bitterness of the past is increasingly being with a far more Entente Cordiale approach by both sides because they now see BT as the real enemy.
Old 07-08-2013, 20:02   #164
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age
pythagoras has reached the bronze age

Well VM's website is down, let see whats there when its back
Old 07-08-2013, 20:02   #165
thegrid
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Big Kahuna with Sky Sports HD & Movies HD. 1TB TiVo, 2 X V+HD, 200MB Vivid Broadband
thegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Indeed and remember they have just agreed a backhaul deal so the bitterness of the past is increasingly being with a far more Entente Cordiale approach by both sides because they now see BT as the real enemy.
Backhaul deal??
Closed Thread