Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 15-08-2013, 19:26   #1501
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin201002 View Post
Wasn't that on the 1st August, that lot were quick to run their mouths off then, we shall do it now.
I seem to remember it was the Virgin "customers" running their mouths.

and now doing it again.

Consistent
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2013, 19:28   #1502
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
Great news today!
Now we want: Sky Atlantic SD/HD, Sky sports 3/4/F1 HD, Sky News HD, Sky Sports News HD, Universal HD and the missing Viacom channels...
Only really would want SS 3 and 4 HD but not a big concern. Not bothered about Atlantic at all. So think my Coming Soon thread moaning days are over lol
Old 15-08-2013, 19:30   #1503
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
My understanding is Virgin have around 1.8 million XL customers.

Whilst Virgin are paying £75 million per year, some of that will be covered by M, M+ and L customers who take BT Sports for £15.00 per month.

It's impossible to work out exactly how much this will cost, per head, to people on the XL package.
For what's its worth, its around £3.50 per month per XL subscriber, but your right, we don't know how many people on M/L will subscribe. Not many on L I suspect, cheaper to upgrade to XL.

A great deal for both companies. My 'best case' scenario was for the content to be included in XL, with the HD channels costing extra, but we even got them!
Old 15-08-2013, 19:43   #1504
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

I have a feeling BT will just get paid £75mill regardless of subscribers, I reckon that's the deal they have done, which is a good for virgin!
Old 15-08-2013, 19:50   #1505
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Only really would want SS 3 and 4 HD but not a big concern. Not bothered about Atlantic at all. So think my Coming Soon thread moaning days are over lol
Same here, not bothered about Atlantic but sky sports 3 in HD is sorely needed as sky always put man utd champions league matches on 3, just to wind up the most people.
Old 15-08-2013, 19:52   #1506
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

This is a great deal and something that would never have happened under the old guard before the takeover. This deal is strong enough to stop people subscribing to Sky sports and just go with XL which will hurt Sky in the long run.
Old 15-08-2013, 19:55   #1507
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Looks as if Sky are getting the backlash on their forums now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sky TV Forum.jpg (67.1 KB, 169 views)
Old 15-08-2013, 19:55   #1508
cdf90
Inactive

Services: XL Pack + HD, Sky Sports + Movies + HD, Netflix, 100mb BB, Talk Unlimited
cdf90 will become famous soon enoughcdf90 will become famous soon enoughcdf90 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberAF View Post
What I said here isn't actually true. But if you look at what I said in another post about big changes afoot a part of this will see all HD channels that are on Sky available to VM. So where you have the Sky channels if there is a HD channel you will also get the HD channel to go with it. This will start to be implemented and should be complete within the next 2 years. Ambiguous I know but watch this space.
Hopefully that would mean premium HD channels will come with the SD versions, cos its not really worth an extra £7.
Old 15-08-2013, 20:06   #1509
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Bit harsh bud wouldn't say it's gloating just friendly banter,it makes a change for vm to get one up on sky it's certainly been a long time coming
Totally agree with you there Howard, there was plenty of gloating from some Sky boys on here on 1st of August, albeit mostly banter, what goes around comes around, as they say...
Old 15-08-2013, 20:09   #1510
tpick
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV (EX NTL/CW), Broadband 100mb, Virgin Home Phone, Sky Sports, V+ box & Tivo Box
tpick is on a distinguished roadtpick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin201002 View Post
Certainly is a good time to be a Virgin Media customer.
Yes, it is, I was convinced that we wouldn't get BT Sport, so i negotiated a reduction on my payments and was offered an upgrade to 60 meg broadband.

I kept XL pack though and got BT SPORT!
Old 15-08-2013, 20:09   #1511
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post

and now doing it again.

Consistent
Most of it is light hearted banter which in my mind is non offensive to the vast majority.
Old 15-08-2013, 20:11   #1512
tpick
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV (EX NTL/CW), Broadband 100mb, Virgin Home Phone, Sky Sports, V+ box & Tivo Box
tpick is on a distinguished roadtpick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Looks as if Sky are getting the backlash on their forums now.
What goes around..comes around....!!
Old 15-08-2013, 20:16   #1513
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
you, dear boy, are as guilty as the rest....
Quote:
really? please show me?
Quote:

and now doing it again.

Consistent
Some of things you have posted in the last week, re BT Sports...

Quote:
Maybe it is free BT sport for all sky sports customers , and what you said.

oops..i am now sounding like a virgin user
Quote:
Don't discount that they could actually be that
re 'petulant children' comment by maverickjesus

Quote:
You have my support Arthur, I will not take any channels that have sport from Virgin, never never Never!
Quote:
Or as we call it normally, Virgin comms
Quote:
Of course sky has eagles, that soar and hunt the pigeons
re a 'pigeon post' comment

Quote:
And a fool sees what he wants to believe
re a comment that someone was expecting to see a Liverpool match on the 17th.

Hope this helps...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 15-08-2013, 20:20   #1514
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:

and now doing it again.

Consistent
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Most of it is light hearted banter which in my mind is non offensive to the vast majority.
I don't think this is light hearted at all. This could be the next civil war, Virgin and Sky subscribers rampaging through the streets banging each other on the head with their respective remote controls. Are our remotes bigger?

Anyway, Come ahead ya dish loving numpties. Cable Forum mad squad ya bandits!
Old 15-08-2013, 20:22   #1515
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Young wee tongs, ya bas!

That takes me back....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Closed Thread