Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Reminders on TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Reminders on TiVo

Old 22-04-2011, 13:00   #61
whoareyou
Inactive

Services: V+. Tivo (soon). BB XL.
whoareyou is on a distinguished roadwhoareyou is on a distinguished road
Re: Reminders on TiVo

Very good news, firstly because the 'reminders' ARE a good feature, and secondly for VM listening and taking note of feedback....
whoareyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-04-2011, 13:06   #62
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I like how it says unexpected feedback. Appears that TiVo didn't think people would need reminders, but after so many people still think they need them they will get them added.

I think once people start using TiVo and really get used to it, gradually reminders will start to get forgotten about. Last time I set a reminder was back before tv drive when I had a standard pace stb with ntl.
Old 22-04-2011, 13:33   #63
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
Well if they didn't believe it, they wouldn't be doing it and taking notice of the feedback. They would be digging their heels in and continuing to say 'record everything.'
And thene they would, rightly, be accused of not listening to their customers
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 13:35   #64
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think once people start using TiVo and really get used to it, gradually reminders will start to get forgotten about. Last time I set a reminder was back before tv drive when I had a standard pace stb with ntl.
Not here, they won't.

I could quite easily record everything on my V+ box but I (and my parents) still use reminders for some programmes. While there's plenty of programmes that I'm happy to record and watch at my leisure (mostly drama serials where you need to watch each episode from the start), for live events I'm less bothered about missing the start in favour of watching live (or as live as cable TV allows, of course ).
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 13:38   #65
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoareyou View Post
Very good news, firstly because the 'reminders' ARE a good feature, and secondly for VM listening and taking note of feedback....
Yes it is very good news ( although I have never used them ). So it shows that they do listen as just look at when I started the thread about the price and install charge. They seemed to listen then as well.
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 13:48   #66
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
Not here, they won't.

I could quite easily record everything on my V+ box but I (and my parents) still use reminders for some programmes. While there's plenty of programmes that I'm happy to record and watch at my leisure (mostly drama serials where you need to watch each episode from the start), for live events I'm less bothered about missing the start in favour of watching live (or as live as cable TV allows, of course ).
True lots still use it , let's not forget Sky Tv still has the green remind me button service so they must feel people still use reminders , in fact theyve been using it loads recently on all channels.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 14:38   #67
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
Not here, they won't.

Not only that, a lot of live events are social events that accommodate chatting between the viewers while watching the event almost in the background. Euro Vision song contest is a classic for this. Watch this with plenty of booze and snacks and laughing at the nonsense you're watching with friends is a blast!

It simply wouldn't have the same effect if it weren't live.

Boz
DaBoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 14:48   #68
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

I agree; people aren't giving themselves time to get used to a new way of operating, one that is actually more flexible.

However if VM add reminders, everyone is happy and VM get a thumbs up for listening to feedback.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 15:03   #69
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I agree; people aren't giving themselves time to get used to a new way of operating, one that is actually more flexible.

However if VM add reminders, everyone is happy and VM get a thumbs up for listening to feedback.
[3 thumbs up]

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoz View Post
Not only that, a lot of live events are social events
Quoted for truth.
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 15:04   #70
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
[3 thumbs up]

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---.
The use of the word 'thumbs' wasn't accidental
Old 22-04-2011, 15:24   #71
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
The use of the word 'thumbs' wasn't accidental
I think the next logical step is for Cable Forum to allow posts to be rated using TiVo-style thumbs up/thumbs down logos.
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 16:59   #72
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Angry Re: Reminders on TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
True lots still use it , let's not forget Sky Tv still has the green remind me button service so they must feel people still use reminders , in fact theyve been using it loads recently on all channels.
l used reminders on my old box and l must say l miss them a lot for the simple reason that l watch sport a lot and have always set a reminder for these events.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 12:22   #73
sniper007
Inactive

sniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of light

Applauses VM for that. (a first)
sniper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 12:54   #74
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper007 View Post
Applauses VM for that. (a first)
Surely not the first; how about that they listened to complaints and withdrew the £40 install fee for those who ordered Tivo in April, keeping the charge the same for all the pre-regs?
Old 28-05-2011, 16:02   #75
Nor
Inactive

Nor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
BINGO! Welcome to the 21st Century.

If you still want to sit down at a specific time to watch a specific show, why the heck did you waste money on a Tivo?
Live events...
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote