Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 15:24   #751
peterjcat
Inactive

peterjcat will become famous soon enoughpeterjcat will become famous soon enoughpeterjcat will become famous soon enough
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
she went off for 15 minutes while I held on listening to some garbled information about what seemed to be advertising "Talk Talk", very strange.
Haha I got the garbled hold message too... it kept going "BT, TalkTalk", and now I've got that in my head. Not very good advertising from VM you'd have to think

Anyway, all went smoothly and installation booked for Wednesday. I must add my thanks to DF for keeping us in the loop.
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2011, 15:27   #752
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
you will see the TiVo charge on the bill, but you should see a bigger discount on your bundle to cancel it out.

Ben is better around package pricing than me though!

---------- Post added at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

indeed... it's also my day off, but I checked in to see how everything is going.
bet your so happy your day off Df sounds like a very very busy day for VM
Old 11-04-2011, 15:27   #753
lee_mc
Inactive

Services: Cable since 199 T=L, TV=XL, BB=L, TIVO 500gb
lee_mc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and just a quick question to DF (or anybody else in the know) with regards to the 500gb TIVO. I've not had any email yet with regard to pre-ordering the 1gb box, but was wondering can the 500gb box be pre ordered, when I finally receive my email, or will I have to wait until May.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-04-2011, 15:28   #754
Lone Star
cf.member

Lone Star is on a distinguished roadLone Star is on a distinguished road

OK, so I'd like to get Tivo, but my better half uses quite a few of the features on V+ that haven't yet made it to Tivo, like recording to VHS/DVD whilst watching something different, reminders etc.

I also have a VHD (not V+) box in the back room as part of my VIP20 package, so I'm thinking, go for the Tivo deal and replace the back room VHD with Tivo, keeping the V+ in the living room for the time being. Then, when the missing features are added, or when the wife gets used to Tivo, switch the boxes round.

My question is, could I just change the two boxes (Tivo and V+) over myself when the time comes, or would it need another visit, activation fees, install charges etc.?
Old 11-04-2011, 15:28   #755
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwj2008 View Post
DF i wonder if you can advise me on what the price should be for vip50 users
going of to tvio keeping v+ box and returning standard hd box, i have the sky
hd channels on one box.I asked these questions when placeing order and was tol my bill would go up from 98.50 to 102.20, how i understood all
the info on tvio for vip users the monthly fee was being waived. is it just
a case that they have to do it that way and the discount is rasied, the people on the sales line , and billing line did not seam to know any about
vip packages disscount. that is why i am asking you , as you seam to know
what is going on
regards
cwj2008
What it shows on my bill is the £3 charge for TIVO and also a credit for the charge.

Also in regards to the VIP50 charge I am still been charged £100.55 as that is now the charge for the bundle.
Old 11-04-2011, 15:29   #756
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_mc View Post
Hi and just a quick question to DF (or anybody else in the know) with regards to the 500gb TIVO. I've not had any email yet with regard to pre-ordering the 1gb box, but was wondering can the 500gb box be pre ordered, when I finally receive my email, or will I have to wait until May.

Thanks in advance.
No, the 500gb can't be pre-ordered, sorry. You will have to wait until May and that box will incur a install charge of £40. HTH
Old 11-04-2011, 15:30   #757
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
OK, so I'd like to get Tivo, but my better half uses quite a few of the features on V+ that haven't yet made it to Tivo, like recording to VHS/DVD whilst watching something different, reminders etc.

I also have a VHD (not V+) box in the back room as part of my VIP20 package, so I'm thinking, go for the Tivo deal and replace the back room VHD with Tivo, keeping the V+ in the living room for the time being. Then, when the missing features are added, or when the wife gets used to Tivo, switch the boxes round.

My question is, could I just change the two boxes (Tivo and V+) over myself when the time comes, or would it need another visit, activation fees, install charges etc.?
Yes i have done it
Old 11-04-2011, 15:30   #758
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post

You should be able to swap yourself.
Old 11-04-2011, 15:31   #759
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
you will see the TiVo charge on the bill, but you should see a bigger discount on your bundle to cancel it out.

Ben is better around package pricing than me though!

---------- Post added at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

indeed... it's also my day off, but I checked in to see how everything is going.
DF do you know when new customers can order one online ?
Old 11-04-2011, 15:32   #760
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Not yet but it is "COMING SOON"
Old 11-04-2011, 15:32   #761
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I think it's next week, 18th onwards... i'll double check tomorrow, unless another staffer knows now?
Old 11-04-2011, 15:32   #762
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Yup it's the 18th
Old 11-04-2011, 15:33   #763
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yup it's the 18th
Thanks Ben
Old 11-04-2011, 15:35   #764
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

keep up the great work DF and Ben
Old 11-04-2011, 15:36   #765
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I think it's next week, 18th onwards... i'll double check tomorrow, unless another staffer knows now?
Another question not sure if you know the answer , my parents are on triple XL mates rate package , can they still swap their V+ for a 500gb TIVO if they wish for 49.95 plus 40 install , they haven't pre registered however my dads in the same boats as many on here the V+ fills up to quickly with HD.

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yup it's the 18th
Cheers for that.
Closed Thread