Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TIVO screenshots

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TIVO screenshots

Old 23-02-2011, 13:35   #16
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: TIVO screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
Its a start, still playing.
I'm loving that game
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-02-2011, 13:41   #17
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I'm loving that game
same here love that game to
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 14:02   #18
Cozzy
Inactive

Cozzy is on a distinguished roadCozzy is on a distinguished road

so far then the peeps who have tivo love the games on it .... well worth £149 then (thats being sarcastic by the way)

sadly i get the feeling thats the best you can come up with right now above and beyond what the V+ can do

a fancy new UI (well partial if other review is true) and enhanced search/record functions ... nothing earth shattering over a V+ for the average Joe Public

question is if a customer deems £149 (to be increased for new customers) a worthy cost for that level of advancement .... to me .. nope cant say it is
Cozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 14:07   #19
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozzy View Post
so far then the peeps who have tivo love the games on it .... well worth £149 then (thats being sarcastic by the way)

sadly i get the feeling thats the best you can come up with right now above and beyond what the V+ can do

a fancy new UI (well partial if other review is true) and enhanced search/record functions ... nothing earth shattering over a V+ for the average Joe Public

question is if a customer deems £149 (to be increased for new customers) a worthy cost for that level of advancement .... to me .. nope cant say it is
I think for the likes of yourself, you might be better having a play with a TiVo at your local Virgin Media Store?

Sounds like you need to see it for yourself.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/help/store-locator.html
Old 23-02-2011, 14:12   #20
pauldavies83
Inactive

pauldavies83 is on a distinguished roadpauldavies83 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think for the likes of yourself, you might be better having a play with a TiVo at your local Virgin Media Store?

I'd second that advice! Had a play at the weekend in the Westfield store.

A more pleasing user experience than the V+, but I get the feeling that is down to the standard of the V+ than the standard of TiVo. Obviously the main functions (season pass, wishlists, suggestions) can't really be thoroughly reviewed in a 2-minute play about though.
pauldavies83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 14:13   #21
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age

Tivo is really impressive Cozzy. I think the reason there arent any reviews yet is because it is very comprehernsive and takes awhile to see whats going on.

Here are some more screen shots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0543.jpg (515.9 KB, 318 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0544.jpg (558.2 KB, 296 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0545.jpg (597.8 KB, 275 views)
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 14:14   #22
PhlangePhace
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo: XXL/XL/XL, Freesat+HD, $ky-FreesatHD, s1 TiVo in the loft!
PhlangePhace is on a distinguished roadPhlangePhace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That's the problem with TiVo .... for most people (Joe Public) it doesn't look that big a deal on the surface.

Although not economically viable to 'trial' at the moment, I'd say that if one was to live with it for 3-6mths, then take it away, reverting to a standard PVR like V+, I could safely say you'd miss it a lot more than you'd realise.
PhlangePhace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 14:15   #23
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldavies83 View Post
I'd second that advice! Had a play at the weekend in the Westfield store.

A more pleasing user experience than the V+, but I get the feeling that is down to the standard of the V+ than the standard of TiVo. Obviously the main functions (season pass, wishlists, suggestions) can't really be thoroughly reviewed in a 2-minute play about though.
but, you get a "feel" and might make your decisions a bit easier?
Old 23-02-2011, 14:15   #24
pythagoras
cf.addict

Picked a film from the guide and then looked at the options, this bit is fantastic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0546.jpg (522.9 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0547.jpg (450.1 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0548.jpg (513.1 KB, 258 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0549.jpg (457.8 KB, 228 views)
Old 23-02-2011, 14:22   #25
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:

That's what I have just done in birmingham, had a quick play with it and.......

Very fast compared to my box and oh so slick! Now if only VM would come round and install one!!!

P.S. The staff were very helpful, gave me a quick run down and then just let me fiddle.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 14:23   #26
pythagoras
cf.addict

This info button is very detailed too, you can see really easily if the show has a dolby digital soundtrack.

File size too big on pic. Anyone know a good free picture resizer for snow leopard?

Regards

John.

edit:think I sorted it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0542s.jpg (242.8 KB, 243 views)
Old 23-02-2011, 14:23   #27
pauldavies83
Inactive

pauldavies83 is on a distinguished roadpauldavies83 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
but, you get a "feel" and might make your decisions a bit easier?
Oh yes, definitely.

It would make the choice between a V+ and a TiVo at the same or similar pricing dead easy.

The cost of the TiVo just muddies the waters as you can' really see in action what you would be paying for.
pauldavies83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 14:25   #28
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Picked a film from the guide and then looked at the options, this bit is fantastic
Ah, yes. Found a few good films I'd of missed otherwise, via the search options.

It's so fast at getting the info too.

<<<< oooh 5,000 posts!
Old 23-02-2011, 14:28   #29
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
This info button is very detailed too, you can see really easily if the show has a dolby digital soundtrack.

File size too big on pic. Anyone know a good free picture resizer for snow leopard?

Regards

John.
If you open the pictures in preview there should be an option to resize the image.
Old 23-02-2011, 14:31   #30
pythagoras
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
If you open the pictures in preview there should be an option to resize the image.
Thanks Stephen, thats exactly what I did.

Regards

John.

Unfortunately my 18 year old son now has the remote and is finding all films by Mr speilberg . More photos could be delayed awhile