Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | One of a thousand

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

One of a thousand

Old 05-02-2011, 16:47   #61
Cozzy
Inactive

Cozzy is on a distinguished roadCozzy is on a distinguished road
Re: One of a thousand

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
If it's not free for all VIP50's I'm going to be seriously annoyed. A lottery on who gets it for free isn't acceptable IMO.
Im with you on that ... BUT i just cant see VM making that kind of a cock-up ... must be for all VIP peeps including VIP30 unless they gonna use Tivo to widen the gap in VIP50 & VIP30 ... but must be a level field for all on the same package or it will be mutiny...

cant believe VM would be that silly .. must be a staggered introduction is the only sensible conclusion i can bring myself to think right now ... fingers crossed .. lmao
Cozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2011, 16:50   #62
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

There's nothing wrong with doing a random selection of a 1000 VIP50 customers to get this, but they should have made it public before they did it. Then, everyone would have known what was going on and accepted that some would get it and others wouldn't.

Just like when they sent me an email after registering for TIVO, saying, becase I'd registerd, I would be one of the first to get it, they should also have said, after TIVO S1 oners.

There is too much being hidden about this Tivo launch and it's irritating long term, loyal customers IMHO.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 16:50   #63
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

I'm going to be more disappointed in missing the personalised remote.
Arguments on what to watch are so much easier when you can say "Who's name is on the remote?"
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 16:52   #64
JoshC
Inactive

Services: VIP50 with Tivo :-)
JoshC is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the URL? I've had nothing :-(
JoshC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 16:52   #65
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
There's nothing wrong with doing a random selection of a 1000 VIP50 customers to get this, but they should have made it public before they did it. Then, everyone would have known what was going on and accepted that some would get it and others wouldn't.

Just like when they sent me an email after registering for TIVO, saying, becase I'd registerd, I would be one of the first to get it, they should also have said, after TIVO S1 oners.

There is too much being hidden about this Tivo launch and it's irritating long term, loyal customers IMHO.
All comes down to bad communication again.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 16:53   #66
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

I feel exactly the same as others, I'm pleased for people who have got it and to be honest VIP 50 customers give Virgin nearly £100 a month so why shouldn't they get it first. But I'm a VIP 50 customer and without meaning to chuck my toys out of the pram I would be very annoyed not to get this offer.

I'm not one to threaten to leave a company but it certainly would make me evaluate things when my contract is up at the end of this month.
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 16:55   #67
knack
Inactive

knack is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
What's the URL? I've had nothing :-(
tivo.virginmedia.com/firstnamelastname
knack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 16:56   #68
JoshC
Inactive

Services: VIP50 with Tivo :-)
JoshC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post
I feel exactly the same as others, I'm pleased for people who have got it and to be honest VIP 50 customers give Virgin nearly £100 a month so why shouldn't they get it first. But I'm a VIP 50 customer and without meaning to chuck my toys out of the pram I would be very annoyed not to get this offer.

I'm not one to threaten to leave a company but it certainly would make me evaluate things when my contract is up at the end of this month.
I give 108 quid and I got nothing. I'd be happy with the personalised remote.
JoshC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 17:09   #69
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

May be over 40,000 50MB customers, but this looks something for VIPs (TV/Phone/BB) only which will be much less in numbers?

So looks like there is an order of priority, Tivo1 first, VIP50 now, hopefully XLTV triple customers now (because that is me!!).
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 17:10   #70
tweedie
Inactive

tweedie has a spectacular aura about themtweedie has a spectacular aura about themtweedie has a spectacular aura about themtweedie has a spectacular aura about them

I asked

Quote:
Also are you able to shed any light on the criteria of the 1000 customers That received a TiVo remote through the post? Was it random selection of everyone or just a random selection of people on VIP50?

I ask as there are many existing customers that would love a shot at it yet some people who received one have only been a VM customer a matter of weeks. I know they would still be classed as "existing" but you get my point.

Many thanks*
And got

Quote:
Customers who registered their interest for the TiVo box and subscribe to the VIP package where the customers that had the remote sent to them as a marketing strategy.* These customers will be contacted once the roll out of the TiVo box has been confirmed and yes they will be classed as existing customers and subject to the relevant costs.
Regards
tweedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 17:11   #71
Andy C
cf.addict

Services: V6 Virgin 360, Volt Gig1 BB,
Andy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really nice

Yes, I'm also pretty annoyed at this utter shambles of a so-called rollout. VM get £106/m for service charges from me, plus call charges on top, I've been with them 12 years, have been an early adopter of all kit paying though the nose, field tested stb software, jumped on the pre-registration forms back in December and nothing at all. Personally I think it should have been a first come, first served thing, but no, as usually VM seem to be making a handful of people happy whilst annoying the majority.
Andy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 17:11   #72
Dunt
Inactive

Dunt is an unknown quantity at this point

This will put the cat amongst the pigeons. I received a remote this morning but am not a VIP50 subscriber. Only have 20meg BB. I didn't register either. Must be completely by luck. Cool though only heard about TiVo after looking it up this morning.
Definitely getting it though.
Dunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 17:16   #73
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
Yes, I'm also pretty annoyed at this utter shambles of a so-called rollout. VM get £106/m for service charges from me, plus call charges on top, I've been with them 12 years, have been an early adopter of all kit paying though the nose, field tested stb software, jumped on the pre-registration forms back in December and nothing at all. Personally I think it should have been a first come, first served thing, but no, as usually VM seem to be making a handful of people happy whilst annoying the majority.
TIVO should be fully rolled out to all existing customers now , it seemed a great way of locking people into contract again and stop them leaving to Sky , but as usual another shambles from VM. Who makes these decisions at the top.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 17:16   #74
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedie View Post
and subject to the relevant costs
So if they get it free, we get it free too?
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 17:19   #75
Cozzy
Inactive

Cozzy is on a distinguished roadCozzy is on a distinguished road

so from 1000 VIP50 customers (what we thought) ... it now appears its 1000 random customers of which some didnt even pre register ???? well VM you are the weakest link ... what a shambolic mess if its all true

needs confirming of course ... but ... tut tut VM
Cozzy is offline   Reply With Quote