Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | One of a thousand

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

One of a thousand

Old 06-02-2011, 12:02   #151
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: One of a thousand

Said that i would post when i got the reply, so here it is

Dear Mr ,

Thanks for your email, we are always grateful to receive feedback from our customers. I am very sorry that you feel disappointed by our Tivo roll out, I can assure you that we thought long and hard about how best to delight our customer base, and planned our customer communications very carefully. The first customers to get their hands on our new Tivo product was our staff last December, we are now in the process of going out to segments of our customer base and we will continue to do so until April when we open the offer out to new customers. We believe we have developed an offer for existing customers that is very compelling, and is better than the offer being made available to new customers, this is a core principle for us. The only new customers we have approached so far, as you indicated in your email, are some of the Tivo series 1 customers, and this is for some very specific contractual reasons which could not be avoided.

Thanks and regards,

Executive Director
Digital Entertainment
Virgin Media
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2011, 12:10   #152
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
to all you that are 'brassed off' by not being included in the lucky 1000 I have one question:

Do you complain to Camelot (or whoever runs the lottery these days) each week when you do not win? you are all mad - get a grip

good luck to the fortunate few - and no I wasn't one of them.
That is a good comment and people need to put this into perspective as Virginmedia have decided to send out 1000 personalised TiVo remote controls as part of a publicity campaign to promote the TiVo box but all you lot can do is moan and bicker about it.

As the Yank says do you complain if your lottery ticket fails to win the jackpot or your horse fail to finish, no you do not because you know it is a just a chance you may win but you are not guaranteed to win.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:12   #153
gregory8391
Inactive

Services: VIP 50 with V+ Box and Tivo
gregory8391 has a spectacular aura about themgregory8391 has a spectacular aura about themgregory8391 has a spectacular aura about themgregory8391 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
For anyone who hasn't seen the lucky 1000 video:

http://tivo.virginmedia.com/davidsmith

These people appear to be getting TIVO free for life!

I wonder what the criteria was for choosing the 1000. Would anyone who has received a remote control like to share with us how long they have been a Virgin customer for, and how long they've been on VIP? If you don't want to disclose that info, fair enough. Just trying to build a clear picture here as to how the lucky 1000 may have been picked. So far we know the following have received remotes:

1. People who registered an interest in TIVO
2. People who didn't register an interest
3. People on VIP50
4. People on VIP20
5. David Smith

It may be true that all of us on VIP packages will receive TIVO, as part of our package, but will it be free installation and will it be free for life?
I have received the offer.
Here is my details:
1. Did not register interest
2. Yes
3. Yes
gregory8391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:24   #154
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

This reminds me of the HD channel launches last year where some of the country got all of them and some had to wait a little while.

There was uproar/moans/groans/complaints at the time but once the dust settled and everyone got them it went quiet. AFAIK no one complains now that they didn't have those channels for a few weeks last year.

The TiVo roll out will go the same way....
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:30   #155
Lynchy
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V.I.P + 50mb
Lynchy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
to all you that are 'brassed off' by not being included in the lucky 1000 I have one question:

Do you complain to Camelot (or whoever runs the lottery these days) each week when you do not win? you are all mad - get a grip
Yes I do, its ridiculous that I have not won yet.
Lynchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:32   #156
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Can I suggest that if people want a personalised remote (and they're not one of the thousand), when they get their normal tivo remote they should take it to a shoe repair shop or similar place where they do engraving and get the shop to stick your name on the remote.

Personally, my remote (if I decide to get tivo) won't read my name, but instead will say HANDS OFF!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:34   #157
Cozzy
Inactive

Cozzy is on a distinguished roadCozzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
That is a good comment and people need to put this into perspective as Virginmedia have decided to send out 1000 personalised TiVo remote controls as part of a publicity campaign to promote the TiVo box but all you lot can do is moan and bicker about it.

As the Yank says do you complain if your lottery ticket fails to win the jackpot or your horse fail to finish, no you do not because you know it is a just a chance you may win but you are not guaranteed to win.

that is actually a very poor comment about Camelot ... people who enter the national lottery do so at their own choice and part with money in the hope of winning something ... this VM "1000 Free Tivo Lottery" is an entirely different animal and it seems being given more to those who didnt even register for a Tivo .. how that can be seen as the same is beyond reason

I congradulate the peeps lucky enough to get the remotes ... I would congraduate VM for this is it was a publicity campaign that was actually being published in an open domain ... what I wont do though is pay for a product that other random customers are getting for free because they were the chosen few in a contest that no one knew about ...

I suppose all those peeps defending VM also defend the retentions deal some get .. well I believe that all customers on the specified packages should get the same product at the same price no matter wether they threaten to go elsewhere or not .. yes long term loyal customers deserve a reward but not those who threaten to leave ..

back on topic ... I have stated i wont be happy if some get a freebie and others have to fork out good money for the same thing .. but i will wait a few days to get the full picture before i make any final judgements of VMs handling of this but so far its a shambles IMHO
Cozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:47   #158
dazgwinn
Inactive

dazgwinn is an unknown quantity at this point

As one of the moan and bicker camp i recon im intitled to once in fifteen years say im upset.
Oh by the way
Considering that i stump up over fifteen hundred quid a year then i feel well qualified to have an opinon
I will now return to my nest and be grateful for any morsal that comes my way!
dazgwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:52   #159
VirginMediaPhil
cf.addict

Services: 2x TiVo
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of

Are you seriously comparing one measly HD channel that some people didn't get for a few days to;

a) a free TiVo remote with your name on it
b) free TiVo installation and
c) free TiVo for life

which was not advertised and given out purely based on how much money you give rather than how long you have supported the company and given them money?

Because if you are, how absurd.

And, Masque, yes I will complain about it, and how rude to compare me to a baby spitting out its dummy. Great customer service there, I'll surely be rating you 5 stars if I ever come across you...
VirginMediaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:52   #160
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

UPDATE:
Here's an email from Virgin Media on the Lucky 1000:
Thanks for your email, we are always grateful to receive feedback from our customers. I am very sorry that you feel disappointed by our Tivo roll out, I can assure you that we thought long and hard about how best to delight our customer base, and planned our customer communications very carefully. The first customers to get their hands on our new Tivo product was our staff last December, we are now in the process of going out to segments of our customer base and we will continue to do so until April when we open the offer out to new customers. We believe we have developed an offer for existing customers that is very compelling, and is better than the offer being made available to new customers, this is a core principle for us. The only new customers we have approached so far, as you indicated in your email, are some of the Tivo series 1 customers, and this is for some very specific contractual reasons which could not be avoided.
Thanks and regards,
Executive Director
Digital Entertainment
Virgin Media
So don't worry if you're a VIP50 and haven't received anything yet - it's early days and there's more of this type of activity planned.

http://vmhd.blogspot.com/

looks like a roll out to all vip50 customers hope so for the ones that were not in 1000 this time
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:53   #161
JayAy
Inactive

JayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Can I suggest that if people want a personalised remote (and they're not one of the thousand), when they get their normal tivo remote they should take it to a shoe repair shop or similar place where they do engraving and get the shop to stick your name on the remote.

Personally, my remote (if I decide to get tivo) won't read my name, but instead will say HANDS OFF!

Oh I think that might be a breach of the Ts&Cs - modifying equipment that belongs to VM
JayAy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:54   #162
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post

looks like a roll out to all vip50 customers hope so for the ones that were not in 1000 this time
Check my last post at the top of the page
Old 06-02-2011, 13:01   #163
Andy C
cf.addict

Services: V6 Virgin 360, Volt Gig1 BB,
Andy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
We don't know if this is part of the phased rollout - unti you know more, I'd suggest keeping the toys pram-side. Maybe line them up on the edge, but it would be premature to hurl them out just yet.
According to the CEOs office this was a random selection of people across the country to see how the box performed. Apparently he will be getting hold of the Directors to find out what exactly is going on as he's had a lot of feedback from customers.

I have to say I'm impressed with the office calling on a Sunday morning as Neil doesn't like emails to be left unanswered.

A.
Andy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 13:13   #164
Cozzy
Inactive

Cozzy is on a distinguished roadCozzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
According to the CEOs office this was a random selection of people across the country to see how the box performed. Apparently he will be getting hold of the Directors to find out what exactly is going on as he's had a lot of feedback from customers.

I have to say I'm impressed with the office calling on a Sunday morning as Neil doesn't like emails to be left unanswered.

A.
well had VM actually told peeps that they were gonna do this the whole moan and graon could have been avoided ... also if they had actually taken the 1000 random customers from the list that registered it would at least made sense but to select random customers of which quite a few didnt even know what Tivo was is somewhat "CrAzY"

despite that i would still feel agrieved had 1000 peeps got something for free and yet they expect me to pay up front on the phone for the same thing and then sub £3 a month as well ... but then ive already mentioned in the tivo thread there is no way i will pay up front by card over the phone having been a victim of identity theft before (not that i acuse VM staff of anything but just the cautious way i am now)

not in any hurry for tivo myself .. just dont want to feel like im being made to pay more that anyone else for the same thing
Cozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 13:16   #165
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post

A.
It was received last night but had been out and i got up late.