Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Picturebox HD Movies with full Dolby Surround

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

anolog switch off

Old 03-09-2009, 20:29   #1
kanga
Inactive

kanga is an unknown quantity at this point
Question anolog switch off

my anolog service has just been switched off from my cable box. That not a problem in its self, however this fed all my T.Vs in the house as i do not have a T V ariel, as the signel was taken through the cable box and split around the house.

Is there any way i can get back a signak without putting an ariel up on my roof.

thanks
kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2009, 20:38   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: anolog switch off

No there is not
Old 03-09-2009, 20:47   #3
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanga View Post
my anolog service has just been switched off from my cable box. That not a problem in its self, however this fed all my T.Vs in the house as i do not have a T V ariel, as the signel was taken through the cable box and split around the house.

Is there any way i can get back a signak without putting an ariel up on my roof.

thanks
It will be gone from the aerial as well in 3 years analogue signals are all gettign switched off regardless if it cable or terristal they will be ogne by 2012 you will need to get a freeview box for the other tvs
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 20:47   #4
kanga
Inactive

kanga is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 20:48   #5
bjorkiii

Services: 20 meg

The radio is a forgotten gem in times of trouble
Old 03-09-2009, 20:50   #6
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Yes there is, if you use one of these or a similar device you can plug a scart lead into it and set an RF signal to any channel you want ie 21-69 Or look at this
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 21:13   #7
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
Yes there is, if you use one of these or a similar device you can plug a scart lead into it and set an RF signal to any channel you want ie 21-69 Or look at this
that wont help the analogue signal ie the terrristal channels that are analogue

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorkiii View Post
The radio is a forgotten gem in times of trouble
It will be DAB only i thikn form 2017-2030 not sure the exact timeframe but analogue radio is goign soon too....
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 21:28   #8
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Andrewcrawford23;34866424]that wont help the analogue signal ie the terrristal channels that are analogue

But he is trying to distribute a digital signal to TV sets with RF tuners
Old 03-09-2009, 21:34   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
All that will do is sent the channel the STB is tuned to around the house. It won't replicate what the OP had before which is BBC One - five seperate to whatever is on the STB
Old 03-09-2009, 21:45   #10
banjo
Inactive

Ah, I didn't realise that the Virgin box put out 5 rf channels but if he wanted to watch a film in bed then he could set the box to the correct channel and then use the converter to allow him to do this
Old 03-09-2009, 21:49   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Some older STBs and installations allowed it but it's been unsupported since January 2007
Old 03-09-2009, 22:20   #12
dsmuk
Inactive

dsmuk will become famous soon enoughdsmuk will become famous soon enoughdsmuk will become famous soon enough

Just went to turn the TV on in the study and all i get is a virgin logo telling me its been turned off!... Knew it was coming but was hoping they would forget!!

Going to be a bugger getting a lead from the loft down to here!!
dsmuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 23:52   #13
cookie swansea
Inactive

cookie swansea is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello from a real Newbie!
I've also lost all my TV programmes in my kitchen as this TV was on a splitter from my main Virgin (XL) TV package.

A friend has suggested I need a Eurovox Box. I know there are legal issues with these accessing 'paid for' channels and I have no desire to break the law. My question, however, is is the Eurovox the cheapest and easiest solution to allow me to get my BBC1, ITV etc back? - or are there any other alternatives.

There is no aerial coming in to the kitchen so I can't use Freeview.
cookie swansea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 23:56   #14
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

The only alternative that this forum will allow (I think) it to say you would need an additional box directly from Virgin to get the channels on another TV. 3rd party boxes are definately against Virgin's T&Cs and can be illegal

With you being on XL tv the best value option for this would be to take advantage of the current V+ offer. £49 install for the V+ and the £5 to run your existing STB on another TV. Not only do you then get all the channels on both TVs but you also get the recordable functions

If you already have a V+ an additional standard STB can be install for £30 and then the same £5 extra a month
Old 04-09-2009, 00:01   #15
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

to the forum.

Under the terms and condtions of service, you are only allowed to attach cable boxes supplied by Virgin to the cable network. We do not allow discussion of the Eurovox or any other boxes that can be used to violate either the law or those terms and conditions.

If you want TV, you may be able to use an internal aerial if you are near enough the local transmitter.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote