Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | disability living allowance

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Silvio Berlusconi punched in the face

Old 13-12-2009, 18:36   #1
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era
Talking Silvio Berlusconi punched in the face

Quote:
Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has been hit in the face and knocked to the ground after a political rally in Milan.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8410946.stm

Was only a matter of time really.
SB_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-12-2009, 19:23   #2
squiggs1982
Inactive

squiggs1982 is a jewel in the roughsquiggs1982 is a jewel in the roughsquiggs1982 is a jewel in the roughsquiggs1982 is a jewel in the roughsquiggs1982 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Silvio Berlusconi punched in the face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB_07 View Post
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8410946.stm

Was only a matter of time really.
Whilst the man is clearly an imbecile (as well as a philanderer and possibly a crook) and should be removed from power forthwith, I'm not sure that there's much that warrants punching an elderly man (let's not forget he's 73) in the face so hard that he bleeds quite substantially.

If a "young man" did this to my father (who is of a similar age), they would recieve, in kind, from me a beating that would ensure they would never forget the true meaning of pain.

Either pick on someone your own size (or age, in this case) or if you have a legitimate grievance, then deal with it in a less cowardly manner...
squiggs1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 21:54   #3
Tarantella
Inactive

Tarantella will become famous soon enoughTarantella will become famous soon enoughTarantella will become famous soon enough

When it comes to stopping a rogue PM in his tracks a simple punch in the face (from a member of the cabinet) could work wonders and perhaps save many lives.

And to think Britain was once at the forefront of political innovation. For shame.
Tarantella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 22:05   #4
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

Now thats my kind of politics lol Sort it out the old fashioned way.
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 22:28   #5
SMG
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky TV, B/Band.
SMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appeal
SMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs1982 View Post
Whilst the man is clearly an imbecile (as well as a philanderer and possibly a crook) and should be removed from power forthwith, I'm not sure that there's much that warrants punching an elderly man (let's not forget he's 73) in the face so hard that he bleeds quite substantially.

If a "young man" did this to my father (who is of a similar age), they would recieve, in kind, from me a beating that would ensure they would never forget the true meaning of pain.

Either pick on someone your own size (or age, in this case) or if you have a legitimate grievance, then deal with it in a less cowardly manner...
Very well said Squiggs. There is a time for violence. This was not the time.
SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 22:50   #6
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Made my day.

In my dreams I would hope that it would serve as a timely reminder to all those in their Ivory Towers that the real world still exists out there and can still bite back.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 22:50   #7
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

Actually, it wasn't a punch. It appears that a metal model of the local cathedral was swung and released into his face by a man with a history of mental illness. It's broken his nose and knocked 2 teeth out. While I agree he's an idiot, bordering on a fascist, I don't think it's funny that a person has had a large lump of metal swung into their face, which could easily have killed him. Would you have put a smiley next to "Silvio Berlusconi killed by 'punch' in the face"?
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 22:58   #8
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

I've just removed two particularly unnecessary posts from this thread.

I don't care what your political views are, that sort of nonsense has no place on this forum.

Let's try to keep a little bit of perspective here, and remember that this is a 'family' forum shall we?
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 00:19   #9
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

As obnoxious as I believe this man is, violent behavior like this is totally uncalled for, any gripes against Berlusconi are immediately eclipsed by such moronic behavior.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 04:36   #10
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Bubble View Post
Actually, it wasn't a punch. It appears that a metal model of the local cathedral was swung and released into his face by a man with a history of mental illness. It's broken his nose and knocked 2 teeth out. While I agree he's an idiot, bordering on a fascist, I don't think it's funny that a person has had a large lump of metal swung into their face, which could easily have killed him. Would you have put a smiley next to "Silvio Berlusconi killed by 'punch' in the face"?
He wasn't killed though was he. He just got a slap.

If, as you say, he was attacked by a violent mental patient wrongly let loose on the Street, no doubt as a result of some cost cutting measures, as Prime Minister (the bucks gotta stop somewhere), Berlusconi is the architect of his own misfortune and that is really funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstamper View Post
As obnoxious as I believe this man is, violent behavior like this is totally uncalled for, any gripes against Berlusconi are immediately eclipsed by such moronic behavior.
See above.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 08:41   #11
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Quote:
any gripes against Berlusconi are immediately eclipsed by such moronic behavior.
No they aren't. He's still a nasty populist neo-fascist whose words cause direct and indirect pain to people (say by inciting anti-Roma and racist sentiments). I don't see that as much different morally from the actual violence inflicted on him, with the exception that the nutter with the cathedral only hurts one person at a time.

Lock 'em both up, proportionate to their offences.
BBKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 11:06   #12
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
He wasn't killed though was he. He just got a slap.

If, as you say, he was attacked by a violent mental patient wrongly let loose on the Street, no doubt as a result of some cost cutting measures, as Prime Minister (the bucks gotta stop somewhere), Berlusconi is the architect of his own misfortune and that is really funny.

See above.
So, if you're walking along the street and some nutter swings a lump of metal into your face, smashing up your nose and teeth, we're all ok to stand around and **** ourselves laughing then?
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 11:22   #13
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
<snip> is the architect of his own misfortune and that is really funny. <snip>
So by your logic a prostitute deserves to be raped then. Do they? (Think about it)

Well ,just I think I've read or seen or heard everything imbecilic in life........
Old 14-12-2009, 12:02   #14
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

What a disgusting and cowardly thing to do.
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 12:33   #15
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
What a disgusting and cowardly thing to do.
Definitely.

It also has a negative effect in that there is now an outbreak of sympathy for the corrupt one.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote