Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Undercover at Deliveroo - the reality of being a self-employed rider

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Undercover at Deliveroo - the reality of being a self-employed rider

Old 22-02-2017, 23:58   #16
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: Undercover at Deliveroo - the reality of being a self-employed rider

Pip, l have worked for companies that have got round contracts. I worked for a major company. And they changed a contract overnight and it cosy me £600.00

Major companies will find a way round a contract, if they know they will lose money.

Don't know whether you know this, but a contract is NOT worth the paper its typed on.

In my employments over the past 40years. I have seen the bad sign of companies - plus the good ones.

I can always remember a great company l worked for. And l had only been with the company for six months, before they sold out to another major firm. They gave me the same entitlement's as everyone else.

And was invited to travel to Norfolk where they moved to ALL EXPENSES PAID. You don't get many companies doing that - do you.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-02-2017, 15:58   #17
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

stick to the topic please and stop the personal comments.

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

But if it's in a contract and you don't read it, then that is your fault.

Also if it's not illegal then they aren't doing anything wrong. I guess it's a dodgy loophole of sorts that needs to be tidied up.
Old 24-02-2017, 13:17   #18
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Pip, l have worked for companies that have got round contracts. I worked for a major company. And they changed a contract overnight and it cosy me £600.00

Major companies will find a way round a contract, if they know they will lose money.

Don't know whether you know this, but a contract is NOT worth the paper its typed on.

In my employments over the past 40years. I have seen the bad sign of companies - plus the good ones.

I can always remember a great company l worked for. And l had only been with the company for six months, before they sold out to another major firm. They gave me the same entitlement's as everyone else.

And was invited to travel to Norfolk where they moved to ALL EXPENSES PAID. You don't get many companies doing that - do you.

I hope you took them to court then Arthur

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...ent-conditions

At some stage your employer or you might want to change your contract of employment. However, neither you or your employer can change your employment contract without each others' agreement. ... collective agreement - this is a negotiation between your employer and a trade union or staff association.

Or is this more (than likely) utter twaddle ?
Old 19-03-2017, 06:11   #19
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Strictly speaking I'm not self employed but employed by the company that I own. I could sack myself.
Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
That's correct ,the rules for limited company owners and sole traders are different and one of the reasons i won't set up a limited company is because it gets so bloody complicated ,staying as a sole trader suits me just fine
The downside being that if the company fails, any creditors could come after your personal assets to settle any debt.

---------- Post added at 05:11 ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
At some stage your employer or you might want to change your contract of employment. However, neither you or your employer can change your employment contract without each others' agreement. ... collective agreement - this is a negotiation between your employer and a trade union or staff association.
Correct, if the employee does not agree to any new contract, they do not have to accept it.

However, the employer may then decide to dispense with the employees services and bring someone in that will agree to the terms of the new contract.

In times of high unemployment this is effectively a hobson's choice for the employee.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote