Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ITV1 HD on Virgin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ITV1 HD on Virgin

Old 10-02-2010, 22:36   #1
doog442
Inactive

doog442 is an unknown quantity at this point
ITV1 HD on Virgin

Rang customer relations tonight to ask about HD world cup footage and the guy told me that they would have ITV1 HD by April...he said it wasnt being advertised at the moment

I havent been through the 45 pages of the new HD channels thread but can anyone back this up?

My expectation is that there will be a massive exodus of sports fans to Sky this summer unless Virgin pull some sort of rabbit out the bag

Footie in SD on big tellies aint good
doog442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2010, 22:39   #2
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold
Re: ITV1 HD on Virgin

Take everything customer services tell you with a huge pinch of salt. Whilst ITV1 HD is certain to appear at some point, there is no definite date as of yet.
Nook29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 22:43   #3
doog442
Inactive

doog442 is an unknown quantity at this point

am just wandering if its actually on Sky? Looks like BBC and ITV have the rights.
doog442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 22:53   #4
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by doog442 View Post
am just wandering if its actually on Sky? Looks like BBC and ITV have the rights.
Not officially. Sky customers can manually tune into the current ITV HD broadcast, which is currently red button content. The only provider which officially provides ITV HD is Freesat.

ITV1 HD will be different to ITV HD, in that ITV1 HD will be a proper simulcast of ITV1, as opposed to ITV HD which is accessed by the red button from ITV1 when a HD programme is being shown.
Nook29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 23:45   #5
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) that most of the major International sports events ie. Football World Cup, Euro Champs, Olympics etc HAVE to be on terrestrial TV according to the latest TV rights contracts.

VM would be missing a big trick if the world cup is to be shown on ITV HD and they don't get that channel before the start of the tournament.

PS. I believe the freesat ITV HD exclusivity deal has run out according to another post on this forum but I forget where
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 00:13   #6
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) that most of the major International sports events ie. Football World Cup, Euro Champs, Olympics etc HAVE to be on terrestrial TV according to the latest TV rights contracts.

VM would be missing a big trick if the world cup is to be shown on ITV HD and they don't get that channel before the start of the tournament.

PS. I believe the freesat ITV HD exclusivity deal has run out according to another post on this forum but I forget where
your are correct but it does say it has to be in hd but itv do want it on sall platform for the wrld cup
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:00   #7
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by doog442 View Post
Rang customer relations tonight to ask about HD world cup footage and the guy told me that they would have ITV1 HD by April...he said it wasnt being advertised at the moment

I havent been through the 45 pages of the new HD channels thread but can anyone back this up?

My expectation is that there will be a massive exodus of sports fans to Sky this summer unless Virgin pull some sort of rabbit out the bag

Footie in SD on big tellies aint good
nothing has been announced - yet
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:06   #8
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

..and i think we all know what that mean
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 16:12   #9
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
It will appear, I am sure of it as its a FTA channel, the deal with freesat ran out a while ago, plus Sky don't have a set date for release yet.
Old 11-02-2010, 17:36   #10
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Quote:
Coming Soon....
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 17:52   #11
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
It will appear, I am sure of it as its a FTA channel, the deal with freesat ran out a while ago, plus Sky don't have a set date for release yet.
What i meant was if DF suggests it's here before the WC, then it's gonna be here before the WC.
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 20:06   #12
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
What i meant was if DF suggests it's here before the WC, then it's gonna be here before the WC.
Hay never know it might be the next one to be annouced maybe within 2-3 weeks
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 02:00   #13
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

E-Mailed me today

Quote:
Dear Mr B
Thank you for your enquiry regarding ITV HD.
ITV is happy to negotiate with other platform operators with regard to the carriage of ITV's high definition services. A red-button ITV HD service is currently available on Freesat and a new ITV1 HD channel will be available on Freeview, in some regions, shortly.
We have no further information about carriage on other platforms and can only advise that you look at our website where any update will be posted if, and when it becomes available.
May we take this opportunity to thank you, once again, for taking the trouble to contact ITV.
Regards,
ITV Viewer Services
ds
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 03:20   #14
telecom69
Inactive

Services: Virgin 10Mb XL TV package t/w phone Virgin+ box Virgin basic box
telecom69 will become famous soon enoughtelecom69 will become famous soon enoughtelecom69 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for posting that very useful information, much appreciated
telecom69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 14:19   #15
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

I have to say that I really do hope ITV HD arrives soon as watching the FA Cup footy this weekend has left me angry with the picture quality on SD ITV
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote