Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is there a simple way of connecting Virgin incoming line to other Bt sockets?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

cold calls

Old 28-07-2011, 10:41   #1
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point
cold calls

hi how do you stop cold calling it's there a phone number you can phone had to get Caller Display so when thay phone it just comes up unavailable but would like to stop them alltogether

Andrew
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2011, 10:45   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: cold calls

Register with TPS http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/ it will though take a month or two to take effect.. It though doesn't stop calls from companies outside the UK nor does it stop companies who don't care about TPS and act illegally.

There is no number though you can dial to stop these calls apart from perhaps contacting VM to stop all anonymous calls but most of the companies now use a fake caller -ID to get past that restriction.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2011, 10:45   #3
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Start with the TPS

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

BUT be aware that if the call originates from outside the UK it most likely won't get stopped.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2011, 17:42   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shearman View Post
hi how do you stop cold calling it's there a phone number you can phone had to get Caller Display so when thay phone it just comes up unavailable but would like to stop them alltogether

Andrew
http://www.truecall.co.uk/acatalog/trueCallShop.html

Quote:
Get rid of all sorts of unwelcome caller quickly and politely!
trueCall is your nuisance call blocker. It checks every call you receive before letting your phone ring. It connects your friends, family and invited callers straight through but stops all sorts of nuisance calls - telemarketing, silent calls, market researchers, calls from overseas call centres, fax calls, offensive or threatening calls, misdials, wrong numbers and recorded message calls.

Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 01:57   #5
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

This is what i'm getting but registering with them hasn't made any difference, if it's not that it's piles of junk mail coming through the letter box and it's all crap! stuff i'm not even interested in. TalkTalk,Specsavers,PapaJohns pizzas,local pizza places,taxis,Aviva Insurance and Sky are the usual pests.

The phone calls range from a automated scottish female doing a survey and it's obviously TV Licensing trying to find out if I have a TV LOL because they ask, What's your favourite TV channels,How many hours of TV do you watch ect....

Other calls are often cold calls for taking out mobile phone insurance,changing energy supplier ect..... and usually foreign call centres. Hello Sir how you doing today(they always start off like that) I'm fine now P^9s Off! I know they have a job to do but it's really getting to me and it's never ending!

The worst one was 3 trying to sign me up for a contract, when I did join 3 not through a cold call, the calls then started from Orange!

It's harrassment!

I've got caller display but you never know if it's a important call because hospital calls are usually ''witheld'' or ''unavailable'' and they always get me that way
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 18:45   #6
whitewineandsoda
Inactive

whitewineandsoda is an unknown quantity at this point

I have all witheld no's blocked on my phone. Ok so it doesn't stop every one, but nearly all of them. If I get a cold call with the number showing I put it in the phone book on the phone as spam and that's what the caller display shows.
Hospitals, police and government all go through the switchboard to make a call to my number.
To activate the witheld no. bar enter *227#
To de-activate enter #227#
To check it's working enter *#227#
whitewineandsoda is offline   Reply With Quote