Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Flashed by a speed camera

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Flashed by a speed camera

Old 10-04-2010, 17:40   #46
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Re: Flashed by a speed camera

And ironically my cameras are Fuji, Pentax, Kodak, Olympus and Sony...
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2010, 17:55   #47
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaccee View Post
Im confused - i was driving to work on the Hagley road, where i was flashed by the opposite side camera; i was no where near the sensors on the road on my side, yet the other camera flashed!? - will i be receiving a fine?
Please Reply...
Thank You...
(PS) Which side does the camera flash for it to be my fine?...
Makes no difference - just after New Year's day I got flashed by a gatso on the other side of the road pointing in the direction I was coming from, I didn't realise it did that.

Anyway it did flash but I heard nothing from them. They have 14 days in which to make contact with you so if you've heard nothing after that consider yourself lucky.

Not all cameras have 'film' in them.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:35   #48
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaccee View Post
Im confused - i was driving to work on the Hagley road, where i was flashed by the opposite side camera; i was no where near the sensors on the road on my side, yet the other camera flashed!? - will i be receiving a fine?
Please Reply...
Thank You...
(PS) Which side does the camera flash for it to be my fine?...
This was probably a "Tuvelo" camera. They get you both ways. The way to spot them is, they have one circle, slightly offset from below the main part of the camera lens.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:58   #49
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Not second guessing your encyclopedic knowledge but that's Truvelo.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:15   #50
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

As far as I am aware you can request the photo with speed so aslong as you was doing the correct speed you should be ok.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:00   #51
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
This was probably a "Tuvelo" camera. They get you both ways. The way to spot them is, they have one circle, slightly offset from below the main part of the camera lens.
as far as i know truvelo cameras don't flash
Old 11-04-2010, 11:13   #52
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

That is a truvelo(they do a few different styles) and they do tend to be facing towards the front of the vehicle (though they can either way on narrow roads) and they rely on Peizo strips in the road to do the time/distance measurement (hence they can't be detected by a radar/laser detector). They do flash though it's very subdued mainly due to it being an infra-red flash unit (works then in all light enviroments). It's alll they have in bedfordshire/northhamptonshire... [for legal purposes the next bit is pure fiction ] It's the ONLY camera that's ever flashed me but I was on two wheels at that point in time and yes you can see the flash
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:29   #53
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
That is a truvelo(they do a few different styles) and they do tend to be facing towards the front of the vehicle (though they can either way on narrow roads) and they rely on Peizo strips in the road to do the time/distance measurement (hence they can't be detected by a radar/laser detector). They do flash though it's very subdued mainly due to it being an infra-red flash unit (works then in all light enviroments). It's alll they have in bedfordshire/northhamptonshire... [for legal purposes the next bit is pure fiction ] It's the ONLY camera that's ever flashed me but I was on two wheels at that point in time and yes you can see the flash

wow ,must have been speeding to get your car on 2 wheels
Old 11-04-2010, 11:32   #54
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Even harder I was fictionally on a two wheeled vehicle on two wheels...
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:34   #55
martyh

Quote:
Even harder I was fictionally on a two wheeled vehicle on two wheels...
that's ok then ..as long as it was fictional
Old 11-04-2010, 11:35   #56
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
but I was on two wheels at that point in time and yes you can see the flash
And it would still not have got you as there is no number plate on the front of a bike. It is a loophole for bikes that cars cannot take part in

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 22:55   #57
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Not second guessing your encyclopedic knowledge but that's Truvelo.
Oops, sorry for the typo, but doing this on a mobile phone is not easy.

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
as far as i know truvelo cameras don't flash
The one in our village does. This would be the one which we campaigned for nearly two years to have installed. Who would have thought it would be so difficult to persuade a council to install one. After the thing had been there for three years (and passing it nearly everyday ), I motored passed the damned thing at thirty-five and was flashed. I got a notice in the post warning me and reminding me of the speed limit.
Old 20-04-2010, 17:40   #58
Ingram
Inactive

Ingram is an unknown quantity at this point

I was flashed in France. Can they get me in the UK? Ihave a friend who has been flashed 3 times and has 9 points. he suggested i got Mod Edit. I think. Anyone got this?
Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 17:47   #59
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
I was flashed in France. Can they get me in the UK? Ihave a friend who has been flashed 3 times and has 9 points. he suggested i got ++++++++++++ I think. Anyone got this?
I would never use some dodgy website to deal with a speeding ticket.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 22:30   #60
Flyboy
Inactive

I think Ingram is referring to Mod Edit.." It is an insurance policy which provides certain benefits if one loses their driver's licence.