Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Neighbours dodgy VM Install....

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Neighbours dodgy VM Install....

Old 09-10-2011, 14:42   #1
Jinxey
cf.member

Services: 150Mb
Jinxey will become famous soon enoughJinxey will become famous soon enoughJinxey will become famous soon enough
Neighbours dodgy VM Install....

Hello all, first time poster! Have been browsing for a while but never posted, but today have found a reason to!

I came home today and as I was parking I noticed some very dodgy Virgin Media Cabling outside my house.. I have no idea when it was done but it must have been at some point this week. It appears that my neighbour has decided to have Virgin Media, but as there house has never actually been connected to the network, they had to have more work than the average install.

Normally im guessing this would involve simply connecting cables in the ducting to the house or pulling the cables through? However, instead of doing this, it appears that Virgin Media have decided to connect my neighbour through my connection (that is if Virgin Media did install it). It seems very dodgy and is an eye sore! (See pictures below).

Picture 1
http://i56.tinypic.com/n2mxdx.jpg
The dodgy cabling coming from my "hole in the ground" to next doors home.

Picture 2
http://i55.tinypic.com/2wg4p5z.jpg
A closer look at the cabling

Why would they have done this? Looking closely, it does seem to be another cable and not mine... Although I may be wrong. I would have at least expected them to tidy the mess and make it look presentable...

I'm not sure if I should complain or if this is normal? I didn't give any permission for this and don't want to be found liable for anything.

Thanks for any help
Jinxey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2011, 14:49   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Neighbours dodgy VM Install....

Looks like a shared tee, it's normal for two properties to share ducting to keep costs down. Very petty to complain about a few inches
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 15:16   #3
Jinxey
cf.member

Jinxey will become famous soon enoughJinxey will become famous soon enoughJinxey will become famous soon enough

Why would they have done this to just our property? It seems that every house on the road seems to have had there own put in. Looking at the road you can still where the road was dug up, showing that ducting was put in place for their property? It just looks a bit untidy, would have thought they would at least tidy it all up?
Old 09-10-2011, 16:02   #4
tizmeinnit

If that is on the street then surely its left far to vulnerable to vandalism and damage?
Old 09-10-2011, 16:07   #5
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
If that is on the street then surely its left far to vulnerable to vandalism and damage?
It's not in the street ,you can see the block paved path .

@ Jinxey ,just push any extra cable back into the duct ,not a big deal
Old 09-10-2011, 16:27   #6
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Very petty to complain about a few inches
I said the same to my last girlfriend.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:05   #7
Spann3r
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+, 50mb BB & Telco
Spann3r is an unknown quantity at this point

The cable to next door doesent look to be connected. I would say its a pre pull and next doors install hasent been done yet.
Spann3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 15:27   #8
Jinxey
cf.member

After looking at it again, it wasn't connected. Should have probably looked a bit closer, after all there was no omni box (doh)! I have done that and pushed the cable into the duct as much as I can, looks a bit tidier. However it does sound likely they are having it installed in the future, so shall keep an eye and ensure they do a tidy job if this is a normal install. Ta for all the help