Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anyone else having problems in Lincoln?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Anyone else having problems in Lincoln?

Old 07-09-2017, 12:54   #61
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Anyone else having problems in Lincoln?

it isn't perfect but I haven't had any connectivity issues:

Both upstream channels are 42.8 atm.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-09-2017, 13:54   #62
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

Our issues started on the 6th Sept am 2am and it went down on the 7th Sept again, and when I checked they was doing some work on it.

Currently ok as of the 7th Sept in the evening.
But down't hold much hope to be honest.

Upstreams are both at 48.8, one is on 64 qam, while the other is on 16 qam and has been since the 7th in the evening.

We have contacted the CEO office and waiting for them to come back, this issue been going on far too long (over 2 years) of SNR issues every few months.

Last edited by GazCBG; 13-09-2017 at 14:17.
GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 20:26   #63
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

funny you should say that because that is what mine were like last month when I started having problems. I have checked my graph and everything has been okay over the last week and my power levels are also ok. I know they ware working on the noise issue because last time I rang up to upgrade they said "we are sorry you are still having issues in ln6 xxx, it is a complex issue and out engineers are working to fix it as fast as possible". So at least they are aware there is still an issue and they are looking at it.
Old 24-09-2017, 17:34   #64
magnentius
Inactive

magnentius is an unknown quantity at this point

at the present time in LN5 8SA area I am only getting 2.49Mbps download and 6.1 Mbps upload on a 200Mbps connection, so what the hell is wrong in Lincoln again?
magnentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 19:23   #65
General Maximus
Ran Away

I am in Doddington Park and it's all good here:

I would love to see a Network map for Lincoln to see where we branch off from one another because there seems to be an issue in North Hykeham as well atm. As you are at the other end of town so I can only assume that it is the influx of students arriving at uni which is screwing things up but it doesn't bode well for the future. Have you had a look at your power levels?

Last edited by General Maximus; 24-09-2017 at 19:28.
Old 25-09-2017, 05:43   #66
buba3d
cf.geek

Services: XL 2x v+, 1 stb, 50mb, phone
buba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to buba3d Send a message via Yahoo to buba3d

i'm getting a green base light, followed by green arrows flashing, according to router settings page something about register failure, been like that since early sunday

need to wait til they're open before i can log a call, less than 2 months and the problems have started
buba3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2017, 10:29   #67
magnentius
Inactive

magnentius is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies, I spoke to virgin today and they tested and found power problem, engineer coming Thursday afternoon. I live off Brant road so maybe an area problem here.
magnentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2017, 09:14   #68
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

Got the T3's again, woohoo, started about 6am.
I am in North Hykehm near The Forum
Had to connect my mobile up for internet.
Old 26-09-2017, 09:35   #69
General Maximus
Ran Away

I feel like you are all infected with bad internet and I am in a quarantine zone where everything is clean and shiny.
Old 26-09-2017, 09:53   #70
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Got a tech coming Friday between 12-4.
Could be a possible SNR they said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I feel like you are all infected with bad internet and I am in a quarantine zone where everything is clean and shiny.
If only that was the case, it be your turn soon lol
Old 26-09-2017, 12:01   #71
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Just called 150 and it has a message, saying there a problem with the internet and TV. ETA fix of 2.25pm.
It doesn't appear to be affect our TV, just internet

Not holding much hope on this fix to be honest as the last one only lasted 19 days.
Attached Images
File Type: png sig.png (24.1 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by GazCBG; 26-09-2017 at 12:27.
Old 26-09-2017, 13:25   #72
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

It is back up, and got a text saying the Tech has been cancelled.
Old 27-09-2017, 19:50   #73
General Maximus
Ran Away

have your power levels, channels or anything else noticeably changed?
Old 27-09-2017, 21:17   #74
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Just the powerlevel on the upstream, both have gone up to 50

Channel ID Frequency(Hz) Mode Power
(dBmV) Modulation Channel Bandwidth(Hz) Symbol Rate (ksps)
6 32600000 ATDMA 50 16 qam 6400000 5120
5 39400000 ATDMA 50 64 qam 6400000 5120
Old 27-09-2017, 22:20   #75
General Maximus
Ran Away

they haven't fixed the problem them and the fact that one of the upstream channels has dropped to qam16 isn't a good sign either