Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anyone else having problems in Lincoln?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Anyone else having problems in Lincoln?

Old 17-07-2017, 10:03   #31
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Anyone else having problems in Lincoln?

awesome, maybe they have been waiting for a part to arrive. It will be interesting to see if anything changes for me as well. My power levels are still too high.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-07-2017, 18:02   #32
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

My connection is down again.
Old 17-07-2017, 18:11   #33
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

I am online here, and have been all day.
I got a text about 9.40am saying it was fixed for me.
GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 18:42   #34
General Maximus
Ran Away

I have just come back up but I am not expecting it to hold. My two upstreams have dropped to QAM32 and the upstream power is 49. I think I should be able to charge VM for my stress levels. I had to ring 3 times before I could speak to somebody and all I got was "please unplug all the cables in the back of the router" and when that didn't work "ok sir your router is faulty and I need to send you a new router". We had a bit of an argument and when I told him I had been told there was an issue with noise in the area he said it had been fixed (not). In the end he arranged to send a tech out on Wednesday. I don't expect him to do anything but at least he can escalate the issue and I provide him with the right info regarding power levels and T3 timeouts because I don't think the ming mong on the phone understood what I was saying.

Last edited by General Maximus; 17-07-2017 at 18:55.
Old 17-07-2017, 19:04   #35
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

There been issues in the Area 30, with over subscibing, in Newark.
Yeh the offshore people don't know what a T3 is as it not in there script.

Time before last I phone up they wanted to send me a new Hub 3 and I said I just got one, whcih I had about a month or 2 ago.
I already knew my issue then was upstream issue, at that point.

I have now got to the point, of not phone Tech Support, as normally pointless.
Old 17-07-2017, 19:25   #36
General Maximus
Ran Away

I agree and on the one time every 2-3 years I ring them they manage to make me want to kill someone. I never ring them because I expect them to help me, I do it to try and make them aware there is a network fault that needs resolving and the only way you seem to be able to do it these days is for a tech to come out and realise there isn't anything he can do and escalate it.

I can't believe they don't have the tools to either see hundreds of modems have just dropped off a particular cmts and/or bandwidth usage has just taken a nose dive possibly suggesting a tonne of customers have just lost their connection. Once they realise something is abnormal they can then start to investigate why.
Old 18-07-2017, 10:39   #37
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazCBG View Post
There been issues in the Area 30, with over subscibing, in Newark.
Yeh the offshore people don't know what a T3 is as it not in there script.

Time before last I phone up they wanted to send me a new Hub 3 and I said I just got one, whcih I had about a month or 2 ago.
I already knew my issue then was upstream issue, at that point.

I have now got to the point, of not phone Tech Support, as normally pointless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I agree and on the one time every 2-3 years I ring them they manage to make me want to kill someone. I never ring them because I expect them to help me, I do it to try and make them aware there is a network fault that needs resolving and the only way you seem to be able to do it these days is for a tech to come out and realise there isn't anything he can do and escalate it.

I can't believe they don't have the tools to either see hundreds of modems have just dropped off a particular cmts and/or bandwidth usage has just taken a nose dive possibly suggesting a tonne of customers have just lost their connection. Once they realise something is abnormal they can then start to investigate why.

The first line lot aren't trained to raise or spot outages, all they're really trained on is:

Is your connection down? (Can you get online?)
Is it your fault (i.e. modem IS connected to the network) or Virgin's?
If it's Virgin's, is there a reported outage? If not, book a tech.

Anything beyond that will cause issues and because us lot on the forum are generally tech savvy, we don't tend to ring in unless it's something "odd" - intermittent, slow speeds, etc. and that throws them off.

In any case, outages are picked up mostly by the outage team "sweeping" for blocks of booked techs clumped together. It's very rare that a first line agent - onshore OR offshore - ever reports an outage directly. If your entire street is down but only 2 people have reported it, chances are it's not getting fixed until the first engineer comes out to investigate - and he might still not be able to fix anything and have to escalate it. If 3 people have reported it (depending on the node size), it'll get escalated right away and a network engineer will look into it a lot faster than a fault tech will.

That's why I always say on here to phone Virgin, even if you KNOW it's an outage, phone them and go through the tedious diagnostics to get an engineer booked. They won't book an engineer willy-nilly because, believe me, every other person phoning up demands an engineer for stupid **** so they have to make the effort to check it's not just you forgetting to plug your modem in or something daft like that.

TL; DR report it or forever hold your peace.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 11:09   #38
General Maximus
Ran Away

just checked and I haven't had a reboot overnight but my upstreams are back to qam64 and the power has dropped slightly to 47.5 which is what it was last week.
Old 18-07-2017, 11:47   #39
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Here we go again with the T3's FFS!
Disconnected twice in the last 10 mins wooh

My Upsteam qam is 16 for both

Upstream bonded channels
Channel ID Frequency(Hz) Mode Power
(dBmV) Modulation Channel Bandwidth(Hz) Symbol Rate (ksps)
4 46200000 ATDMA 42.8 16 qam 6400000 5120
5 39400000 ATDMA 42.8 16 qam 6400000 5120
Old 18-07-2017, 12:53   #40
General Maximus
Ran Away

I was going to suggest you send me some info so I can pass it on to the tech when he comes round tomorrow but tbh he probably won't be interested if there isn't an open ticket. As far as they are concerned the noise fault was fixed last week so if you are still having issues like I am then maybe you need to ring up and insist on a tech visit; it is the only way it is going to be fixed.
Old 18-07-2017, 17:28   #41
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Just check the Hub 3 and it back to qam 64, could be they was doing work.
Not had any more issues, since this morning, just the 2 dropouts.

Upstream bonded channels
Channel ID Frequency(Hz) Mode Power
(dBmV) Modulation Channel Bandwidth(Hz) Symbol Rate (ksps)
4 46200000 ATDMA 41.5 64 qam 6400000 5120
5 39400000 ATDMA 41.5 64 qam 6400000 5120
Old 18-07-2017, 17:32   #42
General Maximus
Ran Away

my power levels have gone up to 48.75.
Old 18-07-2017, 17:49   #43
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Had nothing but problems with the 200meg upgrade got put back to 100 and all was fine not connected of cause ����
Old 18-07-2017, 17:52   #44
General Maximus
Ran Away

I have been on 200 for ages and it has always been mint up and till 1 week ago.
Old 18-07-2017, 18:13   #45
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I have been on 200 for ages and it has always been mint up and till 1 week ago.
Glad it was ok for you as I said in my case nothing but the phone /TV worked for about three days .was told and told that nothing was wrong at all with ANY thing .said that I have not wanted 200mag and if they did not put me back I would cancel virgin (out of contract) with in 10 seconds yes I mean it
10 IT worked and not been aproblem since