Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Please document any V6 issues here.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Please document any V6 issues here.

Old 29-04-2017, 18:39   #271
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

The power settings issue has now been resolved as part of the recent firmware update, as have the HDMI issues with some TVs.
Old 29-04-2017, 18:46   #272
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ben
dazed&confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 13:34   #273
dazed&confused
Inactive

dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Is there still an issue on standby??
Old 01-05-2017, 19:24   #274
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

No
Old 05-05-2017, 12:47   #275
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Anyone else having issues with the sound dropping out?

Tuesday night it kept dropping out on BBC 1 during the 10pm news to the point I had to switch to freeview

Last night it kept dropping out on BT Sport during the 1st half of the Man u game

And now it's dropping out on GOLD
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:54   #276
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Anyone else having issues with the sound dropping out?

Tuesday night it kept dropping out on BBC 1 during the 10pm news to the point I had to switch to freeview

Last night it kept dropping out on BT Sport during the 1st half of the Man u game

And now it's dropping out on GOLD
l thought l was imaging it but a couple of days ago there was certainly several sound drops out on one of the sports channels we were watching.
Old 05-05-2017, 14:16   #277
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Not sure if this is a bug or a 'feature'

In the My Shows section, the progress bar on a partially watched recording only seems to appear if the recording is in a folder. If it is a one off recording or the only one of a series you haven't watched yet then there is no progress bar.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 15:46   #278
trueblood
cf.member

Services: TV XL Phone M BB XL 200 MB V6 x 2
trueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enough

I had a V6 installed last week,kept old tivo box. I transferred thumbs ratings and series links from old box to V6 which went ok, but V6 has not picked any suggestions at all. Has anybody else had this problem?.
trueblood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 17:43   #279
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblood View Post
I had a V6 installed last week,kept old tivo box. I transferred thumbs ratings and series links from old box to V6 which went ok, but V6 has not picked any suggestions at all. Has anybody else had this problem?.
Are your suggestions switched on? You can check under 'settings'.

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l thought l was imaging it but a couple of days ago there was certainly several sound drops out on one of the sports channels we were watching.
My first reaction to that would be to re-boot, but as an old hand, I expect you have already tried that, Den!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 17:54   #280
trueblood
cf.member

Services: TV XL Phone M BB XL 200 MB V6 x 2
trueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enough

Yes suggestions are switched on.
trueblood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 17:00   #281
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Sound dropping out again on GOLD
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 17:45   #282
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

My first reaction to that would be to re-boot, but as an old hand, I expect you have already tried that, Den!
Yes l have already tried that and luckily since there have been no drop outs.

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

Remember with greying hairs and diminishing brain cells there is still a brain working occasionally.
Old 13-05-2017, 11:46   #283
dazed&confused
Inactive

HELP
Just had two Tivo6 installed along with the infamous Superb 3.
I have ethernet connected vie TP-Link 1200 power lines.
I can't connect to the ethernet on any devices through my power lines.
The strange thing is the V6 in the bedroom connects to ethernet !
I've tried pairing the links again to the hub and each other - nothing works.
Any help would be much appreciated Many thanks
Old 15-05-2017, 10:57   #284
dazed&confused
Inactive

After a most frustrating weekend of recabling, installing and generally tearing my hair out I finally got everything connected Now this morning a new problem. The Tivo box in the lounge can see and access the box in the bedroom, but not the other way round! There is no item in my shows to see other Tivos How can I search and find the connection ? Not sure if anybody reads this thread any more as no replies from Fridays post.........

---------- Post added at 09:57 ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 ----------

Update
After turning off and on both tivos several times, both now show watch other boxes. Only problem is now neither can read the other, showing box is not connected....
Done a network rest on each, showing both connected by ethernet with a valid IP address.
Looks like the only solution now is to tell VM to collect this heap of rubbish and do what I first wanted and go to see Mr. Murdoch !!
Old 15-05-2017, 11:27   #285
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post
After a most frustrating weekend of recabling, installing and generally tearing my hair out I finally got everything connected Now this morning a new problem. The Tivo box in the lounge can see and access the box in the bedroom, but not the other way round! There is no item in my shows to see other Tivos How can I search and find the connection ? Not sure if anybody reads this thread any more as no replies from Fridays post.........

---------- Post added at 09:57 ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 ----------

Update
After turning off and on both tivos several times, both now show watch other boxes. Only problem is now neither can read the other, showing box is not connected....
Done a network rest on each, showing both connected by ethernet with a valid IP address.
Looks like the only solution now is to tell VM to collect this heap of rubbish and do what I first wanted and go to see Mr. Murdoch !!
I'm afraid I can't help, except to say that I don't think the problem is with the V6s. It's more likely to be something to do with the cabling or connections. It's probably something very minor that is causing this problem. As you have set this up yourself, I'm not sure whether VM will come out to assist, or whether you will need to pay for some help, but it would be worth it, IMO.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote