Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 17-07-2017, 13:08   #4456
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

My hubby is really annoyed at me I called my Dad to see how he was doing as he never calls me any more unless he wants me to do something so I decided to call him and the first thing he asked if my hubby was home and I said no he's over at his mates. In the very next breathe he said that my sister is complaining about doing his washing and that he had no intention of doing his own washing and guess what I said don't worry Dad I will do if needed, now I'm just so annoyed with myself as hubby is really annoyed.

I asked hubby if he thinks my sister knew I would offer and he replied of course they both knew as honestly you are the most selfless person I know and your Dad and sister take advantage of that. I'm just so annoyed as all weekend I have been saying and promising my family that things have changed and I will not be doing A,B & C well I have landed myself in it by offering to do my Dad's washing.

My sister who is complaining about the washing only washes it then takes it back to our Dad's still wet, whereas I wash, dry and iron it for him so I know my Dad prefers me doing it, my eldest has said Mum you need to that just wash it and take it back wet just say that your too busy to dry and iron it as you have a family of 4 and even my Aunt could not do this and there is only the two of them.

What was I supposed to do talk about being between a rock and a hard place, should I have allowed my Dad who does not want to wash his clothes, bedding etc and has now got rid of his washing machine get on with it or do I annoy my family who think I'm being taken for granted.

I just could not have allowed my Dad to get stressed over something so trivial that I can do so easily, I really do not see the big issue here so what if my sister & Dad do not want to do the washing like I say I can do it quite easily but hubby and eldest son thinks I'm being taking for a mug, they just keep saying you really can't see it can you but I keep thinking they can't see it from my view point do they really expect me to allow my Dad to do something that he has no intentions nor wants to do.
Old 18-07-2017, 11:36   #4457
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

my mortgage should have been paid off on monday just contacted bank and i owe a staggering £1.57 which they will have to take next month ,it beggars belief why they couldn't take it all on monday .
Old 19-07-2017, 17:34   #4458
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

People who make a promise to me and then don't even try to keep it that grinds my gears.

Being a lazy scrounging bum - that winds me up.

Needles!

Quite frankly up yours life in general.!
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 17:48   #4459
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I know this is bad but the more I'm experiencing my Dad and sister the more I dislike them as human beings as they really are not very nice people in where family means nothing, honestly they do not have a family bone in their body peas in a pod that is what they are.

The two of them deserve each other with their weird idea's. My Dad promised me something only to be told that he and my sister had discussed this matter and guess what he has changed his mind it was nothing of value just yet another broken promise.

I will no longer be taking an active part in his life example hospital appointments, paying his bills etc I will still help out sometimes just not as much he can ask my sister and all I'm saying good luck with that as he will need it trust me.

I need to keep my distance to safe guard myself from further hurt and confusion, Weenie is no longer a doormat for them to wipe their feet on.

I'M DONE!
Something very similar happened to me (it was a promise made not to me but to Osem Jnr) so I can fully appreciate how you feel. If I were you, I'd do what you feel you need to and let them get on with it. That's what I did and I don't regret it one bit.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 19:05   #4460
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
People who make a promise to me and then don't even try to keep it that grinds my gears.
Sadly there are always some who talk the talk but don't walk the walk dilli.

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

Quote:
Being a lazy scrounging bum - that winds me up.
Ignore them dilli as what else can you expect from uneducated prejudiced brains who can't think rationally for themselves.

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

Quote:
Needles!
Sadly they are not nice dilli as a invention where needles were replaced by something painless would certainly be something l think we would certainly be in the front of the queue for.

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

Quote:
Quite frankly up yours life in general.!
Remember you are never on your own as you can PM me or others at anytime dilli.
Old 20-07-2017, 09:27   #4461
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Suffering. So many people I love or care about are suffering with different things right now, and I feel so damn helpless seeing them suffer, as there is either nothing I can do or they don't want help in any form.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 13:00   #4462
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Suffering. So many people I love or care about are suffering with different things right now, and I feel so damn helpless seeing them suffer, as there is either nothing I can do or they don't want help in any form.
Mark it certainly feels like that sometimes sadly and the only advice I can offer is for you offer a shoulder to cry on when and if needed, an ear for them to listen and if they talk let them even if what they are saying may not make sense it does to them for varies reasons as they will more than likely be worried and extremely scared.

I have experienced family who did not any help or to talk about things only for them to eventually want my support 24/7 which was ok with myself as I just let them go at their own pace.

Mark you know of my situation and I have brutally honest it is not easy. I have said that I used to say my Good byes in the best cheery voice that I could manage then pull my car up just round the corner out of sight and cry like a baby as I knew if I showed any form of upset then everything would go back to the I'm fine attitude we have also discussed this and it is my view this is a generation thing stiff upper lip and all that.

Mark honestly the family member's who do not help will do eventually maybe they are just coming to terms with what is going on and just ready yet.

In regards to your Nan you will feel helpless (because your also angry,scared and hurt) but I know your doing everything possible for your Nan and that is what makes you the fine young man and caring Grandson you are Mark.

You know where I am Mark should things get too heavy or you just need to rant, I may not be on much but I do check my emails daily so I will get back to you as soon as I see your PM.

Mark if your family mention medical worries that you can not answer jot them down on a piece of paper and you can either ask at the next hospital appointment or you can make a appointment with your GP, I did this Mark and I made the decision to tell my findings depending on the answer example when I found out that my Mum was getting tested for Motor Neuron Disease I decided not to say anything and I'm so glad I did as my Mum never had that but what my Mum did have was a tumor at the base of her skull again I discussed this with the hospital and it was agreed not to let my Mother know of this and she never asked for the results of the scan and neither did my Father, Mark this was one of the hardest thing's I have had to do.

Take care Mark and remember I think you should be proud of yourself.

Last edited by weenie; 20-07-2017 at 13:16.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 13:15   #4463
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Mum has had a accident in the kitchen.
Old 20-07-2017, 13:18   #4464
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Oh den I'm sorry to hear that and I hope and pray it is nothing too serious.
Old 20-07-2017, 16:47   #4465
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Mum has had a accident in the kitchen.
Hope she is not badly hurt Den.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 16:51   #4466
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Oh den I'm sorry to hear that and I hope and pray it is nothing too serious.
Thankfully we have checked her over countless times since weenie and praise be to god she is alright but my parents are so damn stubborn sometimes that is for sure.

---------- Post added at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Hope she is not badly hurt Den.
We just thank our lucky stars that she is okay nash.
Old 20-07-2017, 18:07   #4467
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Thanks weenie, I know. And den, I assume like my Nan your parents are of that generation who have the mindset 'I don't want to be a burden to anyone'. Sadly, it will take things getting really bad before they will swallow their pride and accept help.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 18:15   #4468
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Yes you are right Mark as they like to do everything themselves but they don't realise they cannot do some of the stuff they used to do.
Old 20-07-2017, 22:24   #4469
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Being quoted £448 for a major car service.. thankfully I can do this myself for £150.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 13:33   #4470
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Being quoted £448 for a major car service.. thankfully I can do this myself for £150.
my mum needed a plumber yesterday [broken pipe ] first quote £800 for first hour followed by £400 for every extra half hour , a mate did it for £50 and that included £30 for parts .