Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 18-03-2017, 01:48   #826
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
........ changing the subject but just to note I think we have a first this weekend.

3 premier League games are being shown via the XL/Full house pack this weekend. 2 on BT and 1 on Mix.

With the 42 BT games and Mix having shown 5 games so far and 3 more confirmed to come (and maybe more in May) that's a minimum of 50 this season via XL.
Well spotted!
Advertisement
Old 18-03-2017, 18:24   #827
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Apparently, all Motors TV feeds are now in HD.

I wonder what's happening with this channel on VM, they haven't even changed it to the new name, let alone started to broadcast it in HD. They must be downscaling an HD feed to put it out in SD

On Sky, the new owners failed to tell Sky that they were going HD, so it's looking like mid April after the compulsory off EPG tests are complete.

Perhaps they failed to tell VM too, so this is what's causing these problems??
Old 18-03-2017, 20:14   #828
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
On Sky, the new owners failed to tell Sky that they were going HD, so it's looking like mid April after the compulsory off EPG tests are complete.

Maybe the new owners aren't familiar with running TV channels and are just expected things to fall into place. I guess they are on a learning curve.

Old 18-03-2017, 23:09   #829
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Maybe the new owners aren't familiar with running TV channels and are just expected things to fall into place. I guess they are on a learning curve.
That's what I was thinking. You'd think that they'd have taken advice from the former owners or hired a consultant.
Old 19-03-2017, 00:43   #830
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Apparently, all Motors TV feeds are now in HD.

I wonder what's happening with this channel on VM, they haven't even changed it to the new name, let alone started to broadcast it in HD. They must be downscaling an HD feed to put it out in SD

None of the satellite scanning sites are yet reporting an HD feed appearing on any of the Astra birds at 28E. There are 3 (encrypted) HD varients up on Eutelsat carrrying the service for mainland Europe, but they have been around since last year.

Last edited by nodrogd; 19-03-2017 at 00:46.
Old 19-03-2017, 03:40   #831
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
None of the satellite scanning sites are yet reporting an HD feed appearing on any of the Astra birds at 28E. There are 3 (encrypted) HD varients up on Eutelsat carrrying the service for mainland Europe, but they have been around since last year.
That's why I phrased this as "apparently" as someone said that this information (apparently!) is on their website, but when I had a quick look I couldn't see this.
Old 19-03-2017, 07:50   #832
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Looks like a selection of E! programming will be on channel 100 from 6am to 01:23am on Sunday 26/3/17.

The programmes are Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Summer House, Revenge Body With Khloe Kardashian, The Real Housewives of Sydney and The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

Not sure which packs this will benefit.
Old 20-03-2017, 14:34   #833
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

If the multi award winning programming above didn't excite anybody, the Pop up Power Rangers channel returns on 30/3/17
Old 20-03-2017, 16:20   #834
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If the multi award winning programming above didn't excite anybody, the Pop up Power Rangers channel returns on 30/3/17
I think I'd prefer to watch the Power Rangers mate, bring backs memories of the 90s..ahhhh the good old days haha
Old 20-03-2017, 16:40   #835
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Made in Teesside will launch on Thursday 30th March channel 159
Old 20-03-2017, 17:10   #836
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Made in Teesside will launch on Thursday 30th March channel 159
Any link to story saying that Made in Teesside will launch on Virgin Media?

Only link we have says it only set to launch on Freeview.

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/made-i...al-tv-station/
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 20-03-2017, 17:13   #837
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Quote:
That's why I phrased this as "apparently" as someone said that this information (apparently!) is on their website, but when I had a quick look I couldn't see this.
This claim has now been removed from their website (although their trailer still claims they are in HD). Another indication to me that they don't know what they are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
I think I'd prefer to watch the Power Rangers mate, bring backs memories of the 90s..ahhhh the good old days haha
Old 20-03-2017, 17:45   #838
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Any link to story saying that Made in Teesside will launch on Virgin Media?

Only link we have says it only set to launch on Freeview.

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/made-i...al-tv-station/
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/new...h_on_Freeview/
Old 20-03-2017, 19:37   #839
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Can anyone confirm if any of the following channels are broadcasting on Virgin Media UK?

-That’s Hampshire
-That's Lancashire
-That's Manchester
-That's Oxford
-That’s Salisbury
-That's Solent
-That’s Surrey

---------- Post added at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Thanks for link Gavin.

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

Virgin Media UK has updated the EPG Banner on Channel 158.

It was called Fox+ but is now called Fox +1

What about Motors TV and Heart Extra?

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

We have just found that Virgin Media UK are now broadcast logos on some BBC Radio Channels.

RE Channel 904 and Channel 930.
Old 21-03-2017, 00:24   #840
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Neighbours could disappear from British screens (The Guardian)

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...ritish-screens
Closed Thread