Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Will Scotland Leave the UK?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Old 22-04-2014, 20:05   #1261
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Plus Alan was one of the infamous %1 and could probably BUY Scotland anyway
Maybe he's financing the Yes people and been given the job of Head of PR & Communications...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-04-2014, 22:10   #1262
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Dear god, some amount of drivel by Jimi yet again. Posts but no actual information or informed postings and replies that have no relation the the post that was replied too.
Old 22-04-2014, 22:42   #1263
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Just received an e-mail from Kayleigh Harvey who is the Local Campaign Organiser for Better Together in my area. I've been invited to come along and help hand out leaflets this Saturday from 9:30am around the streets where I live.

Time to step up and put my money where my mouth is. No point bleating on about it, time to make a difference.

Some nutters where I live so hopefully my house will still have windows come Saturday night
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2014, 23:12   #1264
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Just received an e-mail from Kayleigh Harvey who is the Local Campaign Organiser for Better Together in my area. I've been invited to come along and help hand out leaflets this Saturday from 9:30am around the streets where I live.

Time to step up and put my money where my mouth is. No point bleating on about it, time to make a difference.

Some nutters where I live so hopefully my house will still have windows come Saturday night

Good for you! Too many people like to whine about stuff but do nothing about it.
Old 22-04-2014, 23:55   #1265
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Good for you! Too many people like to whine about stuff but do nothing about it.
I'm usually not so passionate about politics but I feel strongly about being part of Britain. Regardless of the outcome in September, I'll be satisfied that I played a small part in the outcome.
Old 23-04-2014, 10:49   #1266
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Dear god, some amount of drivel by Jimi yet again. Posts but no actual information or informed postings and replies that have no relation the the post that was replied too.
Actual info,you mean like this article from the Daily Express,maybe one day you'll wake up and see the bigger picture,but I seriously doubt it tbh.
Neighbours,aye right.

Quote:
. Scotland would have been abandoned to the Germans according to new research.

Military commanders in London were prepared to ignore "screams from Scotland" in order to give England "total priority".

The revelation is made in a book, If Hitler Comes, which also exposes a prominent Scottish MP's membership of a secret far-right group and suggests that the county of Angus was a hotbed for pro-Nazi traitors.

Historian Gordon Barclay has examined declassified documents to shed new light on Scotland's wartime role.

He discovered that Field Marshall Sir Edmund Ironside, the man Churchill chose to mastermind Britain's defences, believed Scotland would have to be sacrificed to a Nazi invasion.

On July 5, 1940, the CIC of Home Forces noted: "Everything seems to point to the Germans starting something from Norway and the Baltic against Iceland, the Shetlands or perhaps Scotland.

"I only have the troops necessary for the barest defence there and cannot send any of my reserves up to the North, for that will be the thing the Germans will want me to do. I shall have screams from Scotland to go and save them, but I shall have to try and resist that, or I shall not have the people ready in the South for the main thrust."

Blaming the limited resources available to him, Field Marshall Ironside insisted that "England should receive total priority for defence". Churchill shared these views, the book claims.

Mr Barclay also claims Angus was infiltrated by "fifth columnist" traitors. He said: "Montrose's MP, Lieutenant Colonel Charles Kerr, was a member of the Right Club, a secret society founded by Captain Archibald Maule Ramsay, Unionist MP for Peeblesshire.

"The sons of the Duke of Montrose were also active in extreme Right-wing politics, while the Montrose Standard had welcomed a violently pro-Nazi lecture in the town in January 1939 as "one of the most stimulating addresses".

Captain Ramsay was the only parliamentarian to be interned during the war because of fascist sympathies.

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post

Well done Chad,you are roughly about a year behind in campaigning,is it any wonder we are going tae win in September.
Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 10:49   #1267
Mr Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
Actual info,you mean like this article from the Daily Express,maybe one day you'll wake up and see the bigger picture,but I seriously doubt it tbh.
Neighbours,aye right.

. Scotland would have been abandoned to the Germans according to new research.

Military commanders in London were prepared to ignore "screams from Scotland" in order to give England "total priority".

The revelation is made in a book, If Hitler Comes, which also exposes a prominent Scottish MP's membership of a secret far-right group and suggests that the county of Angus was a hotbed for pro-Nazi traitors.

Historian Gordon Barclay has examined declassified documents to shed new light on Scotland's wartime role.

He discovered that Field Marshall Sir Edmund Ironside, the man Churchill chose to mastermind Britain's defences, believed Scotland would have to be sacrificed to a Nazi invasion.

On July 5, 1940, the CIC of Home Forces noted: "Everything seems to point to the Germans starting something from Norway and the Baltic against Iceland, the Shetlands or perhaps Scotland.

"I only have the troops necessary for the barest defence there and cannot send any of my reserves up to the North, for that will be the thing the Germans will want me to do. I shall have screams from Scotland to go and save them, but I shall have to try and resist that, or I shall not have the people ready in the South for the main thrust."

Blaming the limited resources available to him, Field Marshall Ironside insisted that "England should receive total priority for defence". Churchill shared these views, the book claims.

Mr Barclay also claims Angus was infiltrated by "fifth columnist" traitors. He said: "Montrose's MP, Lieutenant Colonel Charles Kerr, was a member of the Right Club, a secret society founded by Captain Archibald Maule Ramsay, Unionist MP for Peeblesshire.

"The sons of the Duke of Montrose were also active in extreme Right-wing politics, while the Montrose Standard had welcomed a violently pro-Nazi lecture in the town in January 1939 as "one of the most stimulating addresses".

Captain Ramsay was the only parliamentarian to be interned during the war because of fascist sympathies.
Jesus, with nutters like you I'm pretty sure Scotland will end up on the scrap heap!!
Old 23-04-2014, 11:23   #1268
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Considering that Europe is at the bottom of the country not the top, it makes logistical sense to mass numbers in the South not the North. What would have been the point in sending everyone to Scotland in WW2. That was the point farthest from the enemy.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 11:24   #1269
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
They've got oil, if the nutters took over, which country will invade to restore democracy?
Well with Nessie swimming about they do have reason to - after al that is a hell of a weapon of mass destruction!
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 12:30   #1270
Osem
Inactive

lol - I think it's called clutching at straws. Just goes to show how desperate some people are...
Old 23-04-2014, 13:41   #1271
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Well done Chad,you are roughly about a year behind in campaigning,is it any wonder we are going tae win in September.
We shall see.
Old 23-04-2014, 15:44   #1272
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

I am going tae help Chad deliver them leaflets even though I am an Englander, unity is strength and we have to much in common than to get divorced as that will be very costly.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 20:39   #1273
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

For Doubting Stephen,and any others who'd like a wee look at all the answers.

Quote:
Q&A

In the section that follows, we set out the answers to 650 questions about independence that have been asked of us.

Many of these questions have straightforward, factual answers. The answers to some others will depend on the outcome of negotiations with the Westminster Government, and here we set out what we consider to be the reasonable and common sense position, based on the interests of both the rest of the UK and of Scotland.

Where the answer to a question depends on the policy decisions of a future government of an independent Scotland, we give the view of the current Scottish Government.
http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2013/11/9348/15
Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 20:54   #1274
Mr Pharmacist
Inactive

Services: Everything.
Mr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of society

That's about 6 months old jimi, and it doesn't seem to include some very important responses that have been given to some of Salmonds pipe dreams. Strange that.... And as usual, it falls down quicker than a tarts knickers. How are your knickers today? Still twisted?
Mr Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 21:05   #1275
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
For Doubting Stephen,and any others who'd like a wee look at all the answers.

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2013/11/9348/15
I am not doubting anything. I know and they aren't all the answers. That page is nothing new. It references keeping the £ and also the Bank of England. Which we know won't happen.

Those questions and answers are pretty much what was in the white paper.

If I was ever considering a Yes vote, reading that page would have swayed my vote to a No.