Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Nightmare

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Nightmare

Old 21-04-2011, 16:34   #31
raybessant
Inactive

raybessant is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Nightmare

Hello folks,

I have sent all of these posts to CEO Neil Berkett - hasn't made any difference I'm afraid.

Regards,

Ray Bessant.
raybessant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-04-2011, 17:40   #32
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

By keeping the damaged flooring in place you are actually hindering the reinstatement of the property. The flooring needs to be removed so the substrate has a proper chance of drying.

I'm dissapointed that it seems that contacting the CEO office, which is where our contacts also reside has had little effect.

My only suggestion to you now is to formally write a recorded delivery letter to VM stating that you hold them, as your contract was with them not their subcontractors, fully responsible for the damage you have suffered, and losses you continue to suffer due to their inability to deal reasonably with the consequent issues. Make it clear that this is a "notice before proceedings", referring to the previous email correspondence and phone calls where they have not dealt with it. Advise you will be seeking compensation for all losses you have or will incur, damages for their inconvenience you have suffered, and costs of pursuing actions for recovery. Make it very clear that you will be proceding to reinstate the property to avoid further losses and inconvenence that VM's prevarication is causing.

In the meantime, you have I understand some quotes that were obtained by or for insurers. If you are happy then accept one of those. If you wish to get your own builder to quote, then do so and provided that cost is comaprable you might use him.

I must stress that hiding behind insurers in not an excuse. You do not have a contract with VM's insurers and whether they accept a claim on behalf of VM is irrelevant to you. You have a claiim against VM and will pursue that vigourouosly.

In some cases your household insurance policy may provide you with legal advice and expenses cover. If so now is the time to give them a call.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:51   #33
raybessant
Inactive

Hello All,

It is now 44 days since Virgin ruined our house - despite our efforts we are no further and feel that we have been treated like dirt.

I wrote this open letter to the CEO of Virgin on Thursday 5th May(names have been left out for reasons of confidentiality).

On the advice of people on this forum I originally e mailed him 5 weeks ago and he replied and said he would help sort this out;

Dear ,

my name is Ray - as you may be aware from previous e mails my family has been suffering as a result of Virgin's incompetence in flooding my property six weeks ago and destroying much of our ground flooring and also as a result of non response to the original complaint and then a dismissive attitude batting the problem to your subcontractor Mapgroup despite our complaints re their treatment of us - our contract was and is with Virgin.

I have asked on several occasions not to have to deal with Mapgroup or their agents due to their ignoring of e mails and phone calls, false promises,condescending attitude,and insulting and manipulative conduct but continue to be forced to deal with them in an attempt to sort this out.I have informed your complaints manager of our desire to sort this out via Virgin but last night was subject to a phone call from the insurance broker for Mapgroup in which after refusing to accept her offer she shouted so loud down the phone at me that my wife heard her in the next room.We have asked for £1000 compensation to settle this matter quickly after informal consultation with our family solicitor and our home insurance legal advisor who have given their opinion that this is a very low amount when the extent of our suffering and the longevity of it are considered.The Insurance broker was last night offering only £500 which we find insulting enough but she then began to play a game saying this was a once only offer and it would be withdrawn "off the table" if we refused - is this a game to them ? is it a game to you ? - if so we have always been the losers and whatever compensation we receive we will continue to be the losers.We have had our house and lives turned upside down and have jumped through hoops sorting it out to now be shouted at by a so called professional who tries to twist words and manipulate us to avoid paying what her clients promised.

I would like to ask you a question - if you were due to move into a new home the following day after spending four months refurbishing it and if a workman came to your house later than promised - lied to you re the choices for cabling which were promised in the Virgin guidelines booklet just to make the quickest installation and then did not use his pipe finding equipment or dust sheets provided - flooded your house causing well over £5000 worth of damage and six weeks later your floor was still unrepaired - your walls bare plaster and trip hazards were apparent - if you,your wife and two teenage children had not had access to a washing machine for six weeks because the flooring was too raised to fit it in - if you had to delay moving house for a week meaning you had to beg your landlord for an extension and then live with four people in a half furnished house with no tv or pc for a week whilst your home dried out - if you had been promised money for full repairs up front into your account and then received less than half - if you had sent over 40 e mails and spent over £100 on phone calls to no avail trying to sort another person's mess and often been left with no reply or waited days for a reply - if you had had 15 tradesmen/professionals you had had to arrange trapesing through your house for estimates and quotes - if you had witnessed your wife cry herself to sleep that night and cry more in the ensuing six weeks than in the previous 20 years put together would you consider £1000 compensation a reasonable sum ?

Regards,

Ray

-

We await his reply,

I would like to again thank everyone on this forum for their support and sound advice which we have endeavoured to follow to the best of our ability.

Regards,

Ray.
Old 08-05-2011, 15:23   #34
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Just come across the thread - all sounds like a nightmare.

If it was me I'd be wanting to air my views in a documented face-to-face meeting with somebody high up in the customer services team.

Good luck - and keep us posted.
Old 08-05-2011, 15:37   #35
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I believe you should be given more than £1000. Take it as far as you can do.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 15:40   #36
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l am sorry to hear what you have been going through and still going through.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:50   #37
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Wow, only just found this. Far from ideal, I hope they deal with you in a more profesional manner. I would demand to see someone from my local office.

Have you got a virgin media store in you're local town?
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:49   #38
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 View Post
Wow, only just found this. Far from ideal, I hope they deal with you in a more profesional manner. I would demand to see someone from my local office.

Have you got a virgin media store in you're local town?
A store manager would be of no use as they have no input on installations.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:51   #39
raybessant
Inactive

Hello - does this forum allow you to see how many people have viewed this thread ?

Regards,

Ray.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:54   #40
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybessant View Post
Hello - does this forum allow you to see how many people have viewed this thread ?

Regards,

Ray.
Yes just before you click the thread it has a post and view count on the right hand side.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:04   #41
raybessant
Inactive

Thank you Masque - 1880 people have read this thread - thank you to all.

Regards,

Ray.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:27   #42
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Now 1,909 :-)
Old 09-05-2011, 18:34   #43
okun69
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Triple XL, 500GB Tivo, V+
okun69 has a spectacular aura about themokun69 has a spectacular aura about themokun69 has a spectacular aura about themokun69 has a spectacular aura about them

Hi Ray,
I'm sorry to hear about the nightmare you've been having and am amazed at your patience. As you seem to be hitting your head against a brick wall perhaps you should consider BBc's Watchdog (http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/) or bringing it to the attention of newspapers and TV (local and National).
It's sometimes worked for me to actually go this far with the promise of negative/ bad publicity for a company to actually finally do something about it.
okun69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 18:44   #44
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Good Idea. Don,t take any more nonsense.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 19:19   #45
raybessant
Inactive

Hello,

got in touch with Watchdog 3 weeks ago and they said a researcher would look into it but never got back to me I'm afraid.As for bad publicity - the forums have helped - between all forums used for help and advice I've had more than 3 thousand people read my posts which isn't a bad spread - if they paid less on advertising and more on customer service they would avoid such things methinks.

thanks for your post -

Regards,

Ray