Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 13-03-2018, 13:19   #12901
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Yes it's wonderful when a family member brings some one into the fold and you can just see why that person loves them.

I felt exactly the same way about my son's fiancée and I have told her on many occasions that she is not only my son's fiancée but she is also the daughter I never had along with a friend that I can totally trust.

It was instant Hom3r and I just knew that we would love and cherish her almost immediately tbh and it seems to me that you have a new niece.
Old 13-03-2018, 20:40   #12902
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Some nice weather for a change and longer days. I've managed to get out after work to prepare the ground for me new tool shed and rip a load of sodding ivy off the wall and fence. Proper tons of muck's been shovelled, ee by gum.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 20:48   #12903
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Some nice weather for a change and longer days. I've managed to get out after work to prepare the ground for me new tool shed and rip a load of sodding ivy off the wall and fence. Proper tons of muck's been shovelled, ee by gum.
You better not put your thermals away yet Peter as another cold blast is coming this weekend.
Old 14-03-2018, 00:08   #12904
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You better not put your thermals away yet Peter as another cold blast is coming this weekend.
Cue Hovis theme tune....

Here up North we just put a shirt on when it drops below nowt.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 07:13   #12905
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Cue Hovis theme tune....

Well we are rather soft down here in the Southern shires.
Old 14-03-2018, 12:02   #12906
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Cue Hovis theme tune....

Nay lad we put vest on fost .
Old 18-03-2018, 12:45   #12907
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I had a date with a lady on Friday in Reading, it went very well and we’ll be seeing each other again, I also made the journey from Essex to Reading on the Train on my own for the very first time, so that in itself is a huge confidence boost
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 15:52   #12908
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Bitter cold in Rutherglen yesterday and today. Snowing but not lying, Stay Warm Den
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 16:19   #12909
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Last week and the next 4 weeks I'm taking my nieces girlfriend to and from her training as cabin crew which is just around the corner from me.

Its nice to have some company in the car.

Plus I'm getting to realy know her, we both like Queen, Meatloaf & Red Dwarf.

I also got a message from her mum thanking me.
Old 20-03-2018, 11:25   #12910
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

I love watching the excitement in my eldest son as he starts his new chapter in his life, applying for jobs etc.

Last week he applied for a job and after two interview stages he has now been invited for a interview.

My son has said this isn't his ideal job due to location but and he only applied to test the water and he certainly did not expect a yes back due to his lack of experience but what he does not realise is that there are companies out there who are willing to take the risk on the starting salary which I must say is fantastic.

I'm so glad I sent him the link for the job and his father and I managed to persuade him to apply for it as we could see this as a great opportunity if he got it and getting a interview alone has been a fantastic confidence booster for him maybe now he will see his qualifications alone could make him a candidate for the job, after all in this life if you don't try you don't get.

I really hope he gets this job despite the fact it's in Edinburgh it would be a job for life if he chooses it plus there could be a chance of job transfer to a different location should one arise as it's with the Scottish courts.

His years of studying will now pay off for him I'm in no doubt about that!

I really could not be more proud of him.

Last edited by weenie; 20-03-2018 at 11:39.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 11:39   #12911
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Congratulations to the young man. Hope he gets the job.

Even if it's not the ideal job, it's experience and that will count well with future employers.
Old 20-03-2018, 17:40   #12912
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

I have wanted a nice red coloured Bromeliad plant for a while now and guess what my youngest son has managed to get me one today when he was on his lunch break. I could not believe it when he said he got it from Asda of all places and it only cost £7.00 he even kept the receipt just in case he got the wrong one.

He did say that his friends were slagging him today when he bought it but he didn't care "that's my boy" I can't believe he carried this about between classes, I bet this raised a few eyebrows with his teachers when he walked in his classes with this plant.

The only thing is it cost me £10.00 because as usual he did not have any change LOL

---------- Post added at 16:40 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

@ Jo will do.
Old 20-03-2018, 19:42   #12913
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

The funeral went much better than I thought it would.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2018, 14:55   #12914
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Just had some lunch up at our Toby carvery with a rep for a component distubutor.

He said he was either going to be sitting in a Macdonalds on his own or he could look me up, go to the carvery and have a chin wag. Nice complement.

I didn't want a big meal so had their carvery sandwich (beef) which comes with some roasties, a giant Yorkie and a pot of gravy for under a fiver.
Old 22-03-2018, 13:39   #12915
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

After what seems like many consultations, today I received a letter which say's "Following on from our consultation today at the clinic I discussed it with Mr xxxxxx and he thinks our best option would be to undertake the camera test under general unaesthetic. We will place your name on a waiting list for this and will get you preassessed accordingly."

I got my pre assessment letter in yesterday and the date for this is on the 27/04/2018.

I'm now feeling much more relaxed knowing this is now a done deal, hubby is delighted that things have now actually been confirmed in writing. It was the not getting a yay or nay answer that was totally mucking me up tbh as one consultant was adamant this test should be done and tried again with sedation when the other was adamant GA was the way forward hence how the whole process has taken so long but now a decision has been confirmed I'm delighted with the outcome that I'm getting it done under a GA