Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media for Pubs?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

V+ boxes and one for all remotes

Old 08-05-2008, 18:48   #1
masefield
Inactive

masefield is an unknown quantity at this point
V+ boxes and one for all remotes

I have acquired a one for all 7556 remote control as had a slight accident with original V+ remote control (I have also attempted to search forum for a similar post without success). I am also awaiting a response from one for all direct but in the meantime I was just wondering as to whether anybody else has managed to programme individual buttons.

In particular I am wishing to programme the red V+ button and also the stop button when watching delayed tv or recordings. Does anybody know the individual codes.

Thanks in advance for any help etc.
masefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-05-2008, 17:29   #2
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough
Re: V+ boxes and one for all remotes

? have you tried ringing them to see if someone can help you over the phone ?
the-cable-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 13:30   #3
CountZer0
Inactive

CountZer0 will become famous soon enoughCountZer0 will become famous soon enoughCountZer0 will become famous soon enough

I phone Virgin up to find out the manufacturer of my V+ (old TVDrive) to use with my Logitech Harmony One and they said "we have no information about the manufacturer and don't know how to find this out".

I ended up untangling my entertainment centre and looking on the bottom of the device and the manufacturer and model number were on the bottom.

Mines a Scientific Atlanta something or other and works fine with the Harmony One.
CountZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 13:54   #4
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

VM will be happy to supply you with a replacement remote, usually free of charge.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 14:27   #5
higgsfield
Inactive

higgsfield has a spectacular aura about themhiggsfield has a spectacular aura about themhiggsfield has a spectacular aura about themhiggsfield has a spectacular aura about them

When programming my Logitech Harmony remote, I found that the V+ was in the Logitech online database already, so I only needed to add it to my devices. No manual faffing about or tweaking was necessary.
higgsfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 15:09   #6
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountZer0 View Post
I phone Virgin up to find out the manufacturer of my V+ (old TVDrive) to use with my Logitech Harmony One and they said "we have no information about the manufacturer and don't know how to find this out".

I ended up untangling my entertainment centre and looking on the bottom of the device and the manufacturer and model number were on the bottom.

Mines a Scientific Atlanta something or other and works fine with the Harmony One.
i was on about One For All
Old 16-05-2008, 14:33   #7
CountZer0
Inactive

CountZer0 will become famous soon enoughCountZer0 will become famous soon enoughCountZer0 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-cable-guy View Post
i was on about One For All
I know you were but I was pointing out that VM had no idea what hardware they had given me.
CountZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 16:52   #8
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

well as i say ring One For All then & maybe they will