Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Finding an address from just a phone number?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

Finding an address from just a phone number?
Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 09:44   #16
Mikey100
Inactive

Mikey100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Finding an address from just a phone number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
Well have you tried the advice given in this thread?

---------- Post added at 23:52 ---------- Previous post was at 23:51 ----------

I have merged your thread with the one you bumped with the same question, please do not create multiple posts in multiple threads asking the same question!

Thanks
Yes but not having much luck
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2008, 10:10   #17
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Phone phone numbers are a different matter to business phone numbers and there's a sense of privacy about it, obviously you can normally find out a phone number if you've got the name and normally it has the address to but I'm not sure, for privacy's sake if I'd want to be able to do it the other way. Also remember if they're Ex-Directory you're gonna have no luck whatsoever
Old 11-07-2008, 10:13   #18
Mikey100
Inactive

I understand what you saying just hope some one can come up with he anwser for me as this cowboy has ripped me of and havegone through all the avenues of consumer direct etc but out a address i can not take it any further
Old 11-07-2008, 10:50   #19
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Try this http://www.elooker.co.uk/phonesearch.asp
Old 11-07-2008, 11:06   #20
Mikey100
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
Hi thanks for that but did not wrk nothing found
Looks like it`s some one operating from a residnetia address
Old 11-07-2008, 14:38   #21
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Why not try your local Trading Standards, he may well be known to them & they might have his details.
Old 11-07-2008, 14:50   #22
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey100 View Post
I understand what you saying just hope some one can come up with he anwser for me as this cowboy has ripped me of and havegone through all the avenues of consumer direct etc but out a address i can not take it any further
How did he rip you off?

Does the business have a name?
Old 11-07-2008, 21:26   #23
Mikey100
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
Why not try your local Trading Standards, he may well be known to them & they might have his details.
Hi i have rang consumer direct and trading standards but with out a addres they are unable to help

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
How did he rip you off?

Does the business have a name?
It`s a group of guys i reckon just working from home they going under the name of Groundforce landscpaing and garden services.
They did some work for us saying that all work is g/ted and insured.
I ned them to come out to sort a problem out with what thay have done and they are just refusing to do so any phone calls i make to them they put the phone down on me
Old 11-07-2008, 21:48   #24
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey100 View Post
It`s a group of guys i reckon just working from home they going under the name of Groundforce landscpaing and garden services.
They did some work for us saying that all work is g/ted and insured.
I ned them to come out to sort a problem out with what thay have done and they are just refusing to do so any phone calls i make to them they put the phone down on me
Do you not have a receipt/estimate with any details on?
Old 11-07-2008, 22:01   #25
Mikey100
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
Do you not have a receipt/estimate with any details on?
Thats the other thing they kep saying they will send a receipt and after 6 weeks stil nothing.
All I have is the leaflet with home and mobile phone number on
Old 13-07-2008, 18:56   #26
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

anywork that i have ever had done i never pay the full amount until 6months after completion.
gives the builder something to look forward to and if something does go wrong they will come fix it or i have the cash to fix it my self.
Old 30-07-2008, 22:17   #27
richibeno
Inactive

richibeno is an unknown quantity at this point

hi you could try and ring them on an other phone so they dont know its you get them round someones house to give them a quote for job ,then have a nice little chat with them
Old 30-07-2008, 22:21   #28
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSAGES View Post
anywork that i have ever had done i never pay the full amount until 6months after completion.
gives the builder something to look forward to and if something does go wrong they will come fix it or i have the cash to fix it my self.
Six months? I'd hate to supply you any goods or services then - my cash flow would be shot to pieces
Old 30-07-2008, 22:41   #29
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richibeno View Post
hi you could try and ring them on an other phone so they dont know its you get them round someones house to give them a quote for job ,then have a nice little chat with them
Are you saying we should use violence? Don't think we discuss that around here and with that attitude, I can't see you staying on this forum for long either!

Old 30-07-2008, 23:18   #30
richibeno
Inactive

richibeno is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
Are you saying we should use violence? Don't think we discuss that around here and with that attitude, I can't see you staying on this forum for long either!
hi nice to meet you to
i did not say any thing about violence you did
i said have a nice little chat
Closed Thread