Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UK nuclear plans 'put energy in French hands'Government plans for nuclear power risk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

UK nuclear plans 'put energy in French hands'Government plans for nuclear power risk

Old 15-03-2012, 21:54   #76
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: UK nuclear plans 'put energy in French hands'Government plans for nuclear power r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
There were loads of pits that were closed down by Maggie, that still had loads of coal left.

She destroyed the British coal industry because she wanted to destroy the NUM.
I'm not going to get into a argument about the rights and wrongs of pit closures suffice it say in the hear and now re opening pits isn't an option that can be seriously considered for a multitude of reasons
Advertisement
Old 15-03-2012, 22:10   #77
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: UK nuclear plans 'put energy in French hands'Government plans for nuclear power r

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I'm not going to get into a argument about the rights and wrongs of pit closures suffice it say in the hear and now re opening pits isn't an option that can be seriously considered for a multitude of reasons
I've got no intention of getting into an argument about it. I'm just saying that there is plenty of coal still there.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 22:27   #78
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
I've got no intention of getting into an argument about it. I'm just saying that there is plenty of coal still there.
which is effectively un useable so therefore not an option worth considering
Old 15-03-2012, 23:03   #79
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
which is effectively un useable so therefore not an option worth considering
Well that's another discussion entirely
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote