Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cable had been cut

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Instalation question.

Old 17-06-2009, 19:24   #1
imandy
Inactive

imandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Instalation question.

Hey everyone, I'm andy and I have a question regarding instalation.

I used to be a NTL customer, I installed my internet etc using a NTL disk
and the infomation provided on a sheet of paper.

My situation is, I'm getting a new computer and i'm unsure of how I will
get my current internet on that without the old installation disk or documentation.

What will I have to do to make sure I can get my current internet package installed on my new computer ?

Do I need a new disk ? New documentation ? Where can I get these from?

Thanks alot.
imandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-06-2009, 19:31   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Instalation question.

Most new computers use ethernet, with ethernet all you have to do is to plug the modem into the PC, turn on the modem and then turn on the PC, you shouldn't need to do anything else.. The install disk is only used for USB.

The only problem you might have is if you still get your broadband via a set top box (TV box) this might need a simple login but if you do and let people know the usual experts on here will advise you..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 21:04   #3
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Are you an existing customer or a returning customer.

If existing what modem do you have.

The disk has not been issued for over a year and is not compatible with Vista, so all you do is connect up an ethernet lead and you will be online.

Any other information such as your email address are available on the numbers below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tech Support is open 24/7 on the numbers below.

For help with your TV or Phone and for Broadband Technical Support:

Call Product Support/Faults on 151 option 2 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 22:10   #4
imandy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Most new computers use ethernet, with ethernet all you have to do is to plug the modem into the PC, turn on the modem and then turn on the PC, you shouldn't need to do anything else.. The install disk is only used for USB.
Yes, I'm currently using a usb connection from my modem to my desktop. So all I need to do is get a ethernet cable and connect it to my computer instead ?

Quote:
Are you an existing customer or a returning customer.

If existing what modem do you have.

The disk has not been issued for over a year and is not compatible with Vista, so all you do is connect up an ethernet lead and you will be online.

Any other information such as your email address are available on the numbers below.
I've been a customer for a few years now, I will try the ethernet method.

Thank you very much for the help.
Old 17-06-2009, 22:19   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imandy View Post
Yes, I'm currently using a usb connection from my modem to my desktop. So all I need to do is get a ethernet cable and connect it to my computer instead ?
USB is no longer supported and will not work with a Vista machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imandy View Post
I've been a customer for a few years now, I will try the ethernet method.

Thank you very much for the help.
If you do not have an ethernet lead your local ASDA or Tesco sell them with the computer keyboards for around £3.

You can get a very long lead from your local Screwfix for a few pounds more if required.

You did not post which modem you have and also what speed are you on.
Old 19-06-2009, 00:33   #6
imandy
Inactive

Quote:
You did not post which modem you have and also what speed are you on.
Modem type ( sorry if this is wrong )

Image of the modem I use found on google.

Speed

Old 19-06-2009, 07:16   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

It looks like you may be using USB which is no longer supported and you really need to use ethernet.
Old 03-07-2011, 13:26   #8
LUKE77
Inactive

LUKE77 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey everyone i want to instal an internet for a company would you send me all the requirement for that, we need to use starband.net while i am in HAiti
LUKE77 is offline   Reply With Quote